Athlon Sports College Hoops Zine

Just looking at the covers for this year’s Athlon Sports College Basketball Annual and quite a few of our C-USA/A-10 brethren are on the respective covers. I suspect we’ll get stuck with the ACC one in Charlotte…

BTW, goes on sale September 1st.

I suspect you’re right Run. What a shame. Didn’t we have one a few years back w/ Jobey on the cover? Or was that just produced in small quantity for our fans?

[i]Originally posted by bobblinlutz[/i]@Aug 24 2004, 09:08 AM [b] Didn't we have one a few years back w/ Jobey on the cover? Or was that just produced in small quantity for our fans? [/b]

Street & Smith’s (published in Charlotte) did a limited run cover for the Niners in 2001.

Do they have the Cards as the pre-season #1 ?

Geez, you have to go back to jobey to find a cover. Try going back Cornbread Maxwell and you might find an article.

The magazine is suppossed to be on shelves now. Anyone picking it up? If I see it I will take a glance. It’s the first full rankings released this year as far as I know(at least from a credable source).

From Athlon…

[i]Athlon Sports 2004-05 College Basketball and Pro Basketball previews are now on sale in the Athlon Sports Online Store. The magazines are set to hit newsstands in mid-September, but you can get the jump and have the magazine delivered right to your door.

Our 11th annual College Basketball Preview features our prediction of the Field of 65, from No. 1 Louisville on down. We profile the five fiercest rivalries in college basketball: Duke-North Carolina, Louisville-Kentucky, Kansas-Missouri, Indiana-Purdue and Cincinnati-Xavier. We also have Q&As with several prominent players, including Oklahoma State’s John Lucas, North Carolina’s Sean May, Illinois’ Dee Brown and Pittsburgh’s Carl Krauser. Athlon Sports also brings you recruiting news and rankings, plus the women’s preseason Top 25.[/i]

Link: Athlon Sports