Atlantic City

It reached the low 70’s in Atlantic city today which is unseasonably warm. The average high temp for mid-March is the low 50’s, which still isn’t too bad. The city leader have done a lot to revitalize Atlantic City in recent years, I am really looking forward to next years A10 tourny. I expect attendance will be up as is real close to Philly and New York, and a lot more interesting than Cincinnati, OH. You ya at the Jersey Shore!!!

Is gambling age in atlantic city 18 or 21?

save your money…

Is gambling age in atlantic city 18 or 21?

[QUOTE=Savio;160818]save your money…[/QUOTE]
To do what?

To do what?

Beer!

Beer!

indeed

savio 1 month and 8 days man. you down?

[QUOTE=austinniner;160821]Beer![/QUOTE]
Why can’t you do both? If AC is like Vegas, they’ll fed you all the alcohol you want if you keep gambling.

[QUOTE=hootie;160845]Why can’t you do both? If AC is like Vegas, they’ll fed you all the alcohol you want if you keep gambling.[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

Is the tourney definitely in AC next year?

[QUOTE=UMass13;160792]It reached the low 70’s in Atlantic city today which is unseasonably warm. The average high temp for mid-March is the low 50’s, which still isn’t too bad. The city leader have done a lot to revitalize Atlantic City in recent years, I am really looking forward to next years A10 tourny. I expect attendance will be up as is real close to Philly and New York, and a lot more interesting than Cincinnati, OH. You ya at the Jersey Shore!!![/QUOTE]

I hope we play there longer than one day.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;160852]Is the tourney definitely in AC next year?[/QUOTE]

Yep.

[QUOTE=49erDrummer;160869]Yep.[/QUOTE]

Should the tourny get some tradition of always playing at the same venue? I think it would help build attendance. Yes AC is a long way from here, but I don’t see Charlotte hosting the A10 tournament anytime soon. AC could be kinda cool to go to every year.

Agreed…it’d be a nice idea. Although hosting here and there would be nice as well. You kinda have to think about homecourt advantage for the teams I guess…especially with us so far AWAY from the rest of the conference that it’s harder for us to get fans up there. For example, if it’s hosted by Temple, St. Joe’s, LaSalle, or Duquesne…it’s a relatively short drive for either one of those schools’ supporters to go to the tourney. We, however, are pretty much 8 hours or more from ANYWHERE else in the conference.

Also, in other good news…I’m pretty sure the WOMEN’S tournament will be in Atlantic City in 2008.

Do Atlantic 10 fans travel?

[QUOTE=JaMiNNiNeR;160912]Do Atlantic 10 fans travel?[/QUOTE]

Judging by the number of times I hung my head as I rushed out of Halton to avoid getting punked by visiting fans, I’d say the do.

Good that it is in Atlantic City.

Some stats to show how it works if not at a neutral location.

Charlotte somewhat associated stats:

Tournament record home teams:

2005 CUSA home team record 3-1
2006 A-10 home team record 4-0
2006 CUSA home team 3-0

Overall 10-1 (with the one loss being a couple of FT’s away from being a win and the loss was against a Final 4 team)

That is a darn good record especially for tournaments, if you look at most schools tournament records over the same period, .500 is considered good or ok.

It takes more than just being the home team to win, of course you have to be good and both Xavier and Memphis are both good.

Charlotte’s record at these tournaments and against these home teams, 0-2, 2005 and 2006.