attendance

looked pretty pathetic on TV. what’s up with that? man, i figured a national TV game would have sold out.

Yeah, it was pretty weak. The ones we had, though, were decently loud. I guess being on a Wednesday night took away some of the crowd.

According to the box score, attendance was 6,458, which is pretty weak. And there were a lot of empty seats that showed up on TV. I thought the crowd was pretty loud though, for the amount of people that were there.

I really wish they would let fans from upstairs sit in the lower non-occupied seats for the nationally televised games. I’m not trying to sound like gamer, but sometimes it seems we miss our target & shoot ourselves in the foot.

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Jan 26 2005, 11:31 PM [b] I really wish they would let fans from upstairs sit in the lower non-occupied seats for the nationally televised games. I'm not trying to sound like gamer, but sometimes it seems we miss our target & shoot ourselves in the foot. [/b]
Yeah, for the women's TV games, they block off one entire side of the arena to encourage people to sit on the TV visible side. It looks packed when just that side is shown, too. That's not too bad of an idea, either.

I was really surprised at the attendance too…if the niners are only gonna draw decently for cinci and louisville,that doesn’t paint the prettiest picture for us nationally.

if you didn’t like tonight atten. wait til next year

we still have top 20 in attendance in the nation. that is accord to the ticket office. I dont know what we rank or what the rankings are based on.

maybe top 20 attendence in total student attendence per game

Good lord people, WE WON!

Control what you can, and don’t fret over what you can’t.

I can not speak for the others who did not show up but my family (6 tickets) can not not come on Wednesdays due to church.

Attendance has been down for virtually every home game and not just last night. I don’t recall seeing so many empty seats, even during seasons when we weren’t winning like we currently are. Makes no sense to me at all. Even the Bama game had a slew of empty seats. I suspect that more people will crawl out from under their rocks for the Cincy game though since it’s a “big” game.

Who cares?

We spend way too much time worrying about what everyone else thinks about us. No wonder Packer has such a field day with us. If you were at the game, be proud of yourself for supporting the team. Quit worrying about who is NOT at the game. I would rather have the true fans at the game that raise heck and cheer after every basket instead of the wishy washy fans that come because someone gave them a ticket and they sit there the whole time not cheering, comparing us to Carolina and Puke.

This has been an issue since…well forever. It is not going away.

This team is a team that can capture the imagination of this town if we keep winning and get past the second round of the tourney. This team is starting to hit its stride so this might be the best pill for our attendance and support problems.

Just enjoy our team and quit worrying about who is or is not at the game!

Oh but of course, we have so many “bandwagon” fans it’s ridiculous! However, the student sections in the lower level were pretty packed…I was definitely impressed with that (minus all the sorority and fraternity letters)!

[i]Originally posted by MeanGreen[/i]@Jan 27 2005, 07:11 AM [b] I can not speak for the others who did not show up but my family (6 tickets) can not not come on Wednesdays due to church. [/b]
Suggestion............Introduce someone else to the Niner Nation and give the tickets to someone that can come on Wednesdays!

We have our core fans, the same ones that have been coming for years. And then the students. That’s it folks!

We are not going to capture the imagination of this town until we give them a very good reason to notice us. The 1977 Final Four is very much history and passe’.

I realize that we have been to the tourney for bla bla years and finished in the top three in CUSA for bla bla years but, in an area that rates you by Final Fours and the sweet 16 is just a right of passage, we have to do more.

Until then, the casual fan is not coming to Halton Arena. Face facts and live with it!

I ordered a ticket at 5pm online for a friend. I figured better be safe, they might sell out. His ticket was Section 225 Row Q. That’s in the corner, near the top. Well needless to say he could’ve saved the $2 convenience charge. n I was very disapointed in the attendance. I think there were more in the stands for LBSU.

[i]Originally posted by OriginalNinerNation1[/i]@Jan 27 2005, 12:41 AM [b] we still have top 20 in attendance in the nation. that is accord to the ticket office. I dont know what we rank or what the rankings are based on. [/b]
According to Conference USA 2004-05 Men's Basketball Media Guide, we were 73rd in the nation in attendance during the 2003-04 season.

ConferenceUSA.com: Attendance [NOTE: .pdf file - attendance figures on last page]

I’ve said this before and will keep harping on it -> The student sections should be downsized so that people can buy decent seats in the lower bowl. Paying +$250 /yr for a nosebleeds does not make for much fun. I would much rather watch the games on TV, at least then I can see something.

The paper hand out schedules didn’t have this game in BOLD GREEN like they did the rest of the home games. You would be surprised how many people I talked to who didn’t know this was a home game because they only look for the green games on the schedule.

I know any regular would have figured it out, but I’d bet there was a large number of the casual fans who would have shown up if the schedule was more clear. Probably not 3,000 people, but still a good number.