Baldwin probably back Saturday...

According to coach, Baldwin will probably play Saturday. He said he may play some tonght against Cincy. Mitch is actually arguing right now for time tonight, but the doctors said absolutely no way.

I wouldn’t read too much into him saying Mitch has been arguing with Carlton all day about playing tonight.

#1: A player always wants to play and feels as though he can, regardless of the injury.
#2: Lutz isn’t going to show his hand at 12:40pm on gameday. He’ll keep Huggins guessing so that it’s harder to gameplan for us.

My gut tells me that Mitch will see some time on Saturday but not tonight, despite Lutz calling him a freak of nature when it comes to healing time.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Especially with a guy like Mitch, I’m sure he wanted to play with ice on his shoulder on Saturday night. And yeah, I think he won’t play tonight but will get some time Saturday, then back for TCU.

That’s good news. It sounds like he feels fine, but is just being held out tonight as a precaution. Even though this is a big game for us, we don’t want to risk losing him any longer.

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Jan 19 2005, 12:46 PM [b] That's good news. It sounds like he feels fine, but is just being held out tonight as a precaution. Even though this is a big game for us, we don't want to risk losing him any longer. [/b]
I agree and Cincy is a very physical team. Last thing we need is for Mitch to force an early return and get banged up tonight. I'd rather have Mitch for the duration of the season than just one big game tonight.

i wouldnt play him tonight… its not like we are jam and need a win badly… just keep it close guys

Eddie will start. Going big/experienced and will bring Lee in later.

[b]#2: Lutz isn't going to show his hand at 12:40pm on gameday. He'll keep Huggins guessing so that it's harder to gameplan for us.[/b]

Will we see a “Willis Reed”…

Suck it up and go Mitch, to heck with the next game. This is Cincy, needles do wonders.

I’m not implying that we don’t need Mitch tonight, but he will be more important on Saturday. He frustrates Diener something terrible, and can keep him in check. We will definitely miss him Saturday on defense if he can’t go. Tonight, I think we can manage better without him than we can Saturday.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er+Jan 19 2005, 12:30 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (jcl49er @ Jan 19 2005, 12:30 PM)
#2: Lutz isn't going to show his hand at 12:40pm on gameday. He'll keep Huggins guessing so that it's harder to gameplan for us.

[/b]