Banner Funding

ICYMI:

At homecoming Iā€™m attempting to raise enough money to fly an aerial banner over the FIU game saying ā€œJudy Rose, Please Retireā€. The quoted cost I was given was $1800 and some of the other services I got quotes for had price points around that cost.

This plane will fly for an hour from 5:30 to 6:30 (kickoff is at 6).

When I floated the idea, Niner Nation seemed very excited about the idea of this! For a while, we have bitched and moaned about the state of athletics, this banner represents a way to show the general community of Charlotte our displeasure and bring a spotlight onto the lack of success we have had.

https://www.gofundme.com/2t5v49v9

Lets get to it!

Edit: When you donate, in the comments put either ā€œFireā€ or ā€œRetireā€. Depending on which side donated more money, the banner will either say ā€œFire Judy Roseā€ or ā€œRetire Judy Roseā€.

I think the messaging should be whatever the donors want it to be. There are a lot of people that voted in the poll that arenā€™t going to give a penny.

To me Judy Rose, Please Retire is lame. Either way weā€™re going to look like assholes. There is no sense in trying to be a polite asshole.

clt says to mention harambe. that will get the students attention.

Check your link. I had to go search for it.

https://www.gofundme.com/2t5v49v9?ssid=762346261&pos=7

[quote=ā€œMr. Bojangles, post:4, topic:30570ā€]Check your link. I had to go search for it.

https://www.gofundme.com/2t5v49v9?ssid=762346261&pos=7[/quote]
My apologies, I believe it is fixed now.

How did this go from less than a grand to 1400 to 1800?

Do you have an official quote from 1 or more groups?

[quote=ā€œninerID, post:6, topic:30570ā€]How did this go from less than a grand to 1400 to 1800?

Do you have an official quote from 1 or more groups?[/quote]

I got three quotes
Rush job (since itā€™s short notice) for 2k for an hour, 1500 for 30 and 1800 for an hour.

The reasoning for using goFundMe is that I can refund donors if we donā€™t raise close to enough funds (since this is more than I originally thought it was). My cutoff is 900 by Tuesday.

Also Iā€™m not yet completely locked in with the current company (AirSign), so if others can find a better deal, Iā€™m more than happy to go with that option.

[font=sans-serif][size=14px]If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.[/size][/font]

Donating this afternoon for sure!

donā€™t do it

I have yet to see anyone who is against it offer up a feasible alternative to get the ball rolling.

I have yet to see anyone who is against it offer up a feasible alternative to get the ball rolling.[/quote]

Grab the program, flip to the donors, and start contacting high net worth donors about getting on board with a changing of leadership.

I have yet to see anyone who is against it offer up a feasible alternative to get the ball rolling.[/quote]

Grab the program, flip to the donors, and start contacting high net worth donors about getting on board with a changing of leadership.[/quote]

I said feasible, they all love Judyā€¦that is why she is still here. They donā€™t care what some Black Lot schmuck has to say.

Grab the program, flip to the donors, and start contacting high net worth donors about getting on board with a changing of leadership.[/quote]

I said feasible, they all love Judyā€¦that is why she is still here. They donā€™t care what some Black Lot schmuck has to say.[/quote]

Black Lot Matters. Can we get Judy to take Phil with her when she leaves? That should be our secondary goal.

I said feasible, they all love Judyā€¦that is why she is still here. They donā€™t care what some Black Lot schmuck has to say.[/quote]

Conjecture.

I would offer up a suggestion to anyone who is donating and that is to not do it anonymously but to put your name on that donation. If you plan to use this type of method it looks backhanded and cowardly to not put your name out there for all to see.

Black Lot Matters. Can we get Judy to take Phil with her when she leaves? That should be our secondary goal.[/quote] I disagree with the word ā€œsecondaryā€.

I doubt it will happen. You canā€™t pay for things like this with Fantasy Dollars. :))

[size=1em]I think the pause button needs to get hit.[/size]

[size=1em]Sunset is just before 6:40 on the 21st. [font=verdana]I think visibility is going to be awfully low for $1,800. I also donā€™t really want to support a plan flying around when we do our intro and the national anthem.[/font][/size]

[size=1em]Iā€™m on board for helping but I think this is extremely rushed for almost 2 grand.[/size]

$100