Barrel of Art

Haven’t seen this mentioned here yet -

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/141/story/784180.html?pageNum=4&&mi_pluck_action=page_nav#Comments_Container

Do police not have real crimes to fight? Isn’t it only a crime if there is a victim. The “victim” loved his work and isn’t pressing charges. This is exactly why I hate government.

If someone crashes as a result of this creation, who do you think has to deal with it?

That is why the police has to take action.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;414442]If someone crashes as a result of this creation, who do you think has to deal with it?

That is why the police has to take action.[/QUOTE]

Did someone crash?

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;414442]If someone crashes as a result of this creation, who do you think has to deal with it?

That is why the police has to take action.[/QUOTE]

Well then…

South Carolina needs to tear down that gigantic ass in the sky. Oh, that’s a peach? All the same.

Lets tear down each and every billboard that lines I-85 from here to Raleigh, if somebody is reading them then they are taking their eyes off of the road.

We also need to remove any and all sculptures, monuments, memorials, etc. that can be seen from the road. That means the Niner Statue in the front of campus… I mean if any of us look at it and not at the road, campus police has to clean up half of a goose…

Someone oughtta buy the monster for just enough $ to pay to replace the barrels and the charges should be dropped.

He kind of forced the cops’ hand. I love the thing, but he tore up a couple of those stupid barrels to make it.

Pay for the damage, drop charges, move on.

Donte Stallworth got in less trouble :ohmy:

[QUOTE=s9er;414455]Donte Stallworth got in less trouble :ohmy:[/QUOTE]

I’m a UT fan - I dont know what it is about our former players getting drunk and killing people, but it’s got to stop.

He still broke the law though. Im sure the charges will be dropped but a law was broken and their are consequences for that. If you ignore this, why not ignore all graffiti.

I do not agree though that the reason for the charges is because there could of been an accident or something. The police were just doing their job etc.

a fine should be sufficient. He obviously destroyed property and should have to pay for it. Seems to me it should be up to the construction company as to whether or not they want to press charges.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;414482]He still broke the law though. Im sure the charges will be dropped but a law was broken and their are consequences for that. If you ignore this, why not ignore all graffiti.

I do not agree though that the reason for the charges is because there could of been an accident or something. The police were just doing their job etc.[/QUOTE]

It’s not graffiti if the company that owns the building wants it there.

Well then...

South Carolina needs to tear down that gigantic ass in the sky. Oh, that’s a peach? All the same.

Lets tear down each and every billboard that lines I-85 from here to Raleigh, if somebody is reading them then they are taking their eyes off of the road.

We also need to remove any and all sculptures, monuments, memorials, etc. that can be seen from the road. That means the Niner Statue in the front of campus… I mean if any of us look at it and not at the road, campus police has to clean up half of a goose…

Some things are legally there, this was not legal, hence the police stepping in.

As for art, sculptures, etc. get rid of it all, its all trash anyway.:biggrin:

the funniest thing about that story is that its credited to the AP… when actually a reporter from the N&O wrote it (I know her). Its amazing that even after the papers work together little bits of credit for both papers fall through the cracks.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;414489]It’s not graffiti if the company that owns the building wants it there.[/QUOTE]

Its not graffiti now that they have said they like it. When the kid did it, he knowingly broke the law.

That’s way cooler than painted trash cans that Charlotte wants to pay for. A lot cheaper to.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;414491]Some things are legally there, this was not legal, hence the police stepping in.

As for art, sculptures, etc. get rid of it all, its all trash anyway.:biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Why, so every city can look like New Jersey? :biggrin:

Why, so every city can look like New Jersey? :biggrin:

They skip the whole use of plastic and go straight to concrete. They don’t call them Jersey Walls for nuthin’.