Basden For POY in CUSA

What a Player and What a game

Eddie made his statement today for POY. He now has to be considered the co-favorite with Garcia! The game at Louisville may decide it.

The announcers all but annointed him with their commentary. He does has a great game and brings it every time. Gotta love a player like Eddie “Superman” Basden.

Yeah, Steve Lavin and Brent Musberger praised us quite a bit. They kept saying how good of a coach Lutz is, how good of a shooter Plavich is, and how Basden could/should be POY. Great commentary from my point of view.

[i]Originally posted by 49er96[/i]@Feb 5 2005, 06:16 PM [b] Yeah, Steve Lavin and Brent Musberger praised us quite a bit. They kept saying how good of a coach Lutz is, how good of a shooter Plavich is, and how Basden could/should be POY. Great commentary from my point of view. [/b]
I was loving all the love they gave us. Sounds like they really knew the program from talking about our traditional 8/9 seed, Diego, Basden and so on. I was most impressed with them. Almost felt like we were the ranked team and Cinci was the underdog, kinda like listening to the Internet feed. lol

omfg. Basden’s Stats:

Pts: 20
Reb: 11
Ass: 7
Stl: 4
TO: 1

What can’t the guy do? Ok, block but he is only 6’5". Oh, and 7-7 from the line, including all 3 on the 3pt shot foul. Gotta love the kid!!!

He almost “messed around and got a triple double”

As I said in another thread, I think that the one thing that can hurt him is if Curt and him split too many votes. Both are worthy of consideration but I definitely think Basden is more deserving and has been more consistent. But with both guys getting some attention, Eddie could possibly lose a few votes. Let’s hope not because I can’t think of another player aside from possibly Garcia that should get the award.

Eddie! Eddie! Eddie! Eddie! Eddie! Eddie! Eddie!

Eddie for Pres

Francisco Garcia will win POY because its against the rules to give Charlotte too much respect.

I bet Basden does get player of the week.

he has my vote… and i hope some nba teams give this guy a good look. he is incredible.

who got pog? plav?

[b]who got pog? plav? [/b]

yes

basden should bet player of the week. great game by him today.

Don’t think Eddie can win POY. Sorry, don’t think Eddie will be recognized for deserving POY because:

• Garcia is well known, Eddie is not.
  • Lville is and has been ranked for a while, we haven’t.
  • He plays for Charlotte who is like the late great Rodney Dangerfield.
  • He doesn’t average enough ppg to excite the voters.
  • POY is more of a popularity contest, vote for a player who plays for your favorite team (Lville, Marquette, Memphis, Cinci, and any Diener will do also).

Eddie would likley have to get a couple of triple doubles (perhaps one on Lville)and average 20ppg the rest of the season to make himself a clear choice to the voters in the POY popularity contest. People know Curt, Plav, and even Iti. Basden lights up every column in the box score but always does it in a quiet way. Just look at most of the post game “reviews” on this board about Eddie “Eddie was Eddie”, “Eddie played his usual good game” etc. Plav hits 3 pointers and makes Sports Center repeatedly, when is the last time you’ve seen Eddie on SC?

Eddie is perhaps my all-time favorite player (I did enjoy watching Jarvis, especially dropping 30 on Duke and dunking on Laettner(sp?) twice), but I don’t think he has the “hype” he needs at this point and it is getting very late.

Sorry for the pessimism fellas, I think I need a beer or something.

[b]who got pog? plav? [/b]

Actually, I got to my car in time to hear Matt announce that the player of the game was Eddie, because he nearly got a triple double. But then Matt said that because of other media commitments for Eddie, they interviewed Plav instead. Then at the end of the interview, they said that Plav was player of the game. I felt as I heard it that they really chose Eddie, and were saying that Plavich was POG because he was still sitting there, and they didn’t want to say that they had awarded it to Eddie.

Either way, they both played HUGE, and both of them deserved the recognition and appreciation for games well played.

GO NINERS!!!

[i]Originally posted by Ninerwood[/i]@Feb 5 2005, 06:02 PM [b] Eddie made his statement today for POY. He now has to be considered the co-favorite with Garcia! The game at Louisville may decide it. [/b]
If it comes down to the two of them, I'd like to see Eddie win over that whiner Garcia. Good luck.

Eddie is the kind of player I love. A guy who is consistent, plays under control, does the little things, and doesn’t talk trash. A guy like this never gets any respect…but you notice when the guy is gone. He’ll be sorely missed next year.

Eddie you are awesome and we all love you!

[i]Originally posted by Lemmiwinks+Feb 6 2005, 01:17 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Lemmiwinks @ Feb 6 2005, 01:17 AM)

If you had told me prior to the year that i’d think Eddie was clearly superior to Withers at this point,i’d have had you committed! Like coach said after the game yesterday…“I just want Eddie to have the ball with the game on the line”