Basden inactive?

Anyone know why Eddie appears to have been inactive in the last 3 Bulls games?

I would’ve posted this in the “Bobcats-Bulls” thread, but that’s for attendees only. :biggrin:

Anyway, I’m not a big NBA fan, but it seemed like he was getting some consistent minutes (4-10 minutes per game) until the end of last weekend.

Just wondering.

Ben Gordon wasn’t active for a few games, so Basden was on the roster getting some minutes then. Before that they didn’t have Pargo active, maybe he was hurt? Now Gordon and Pargo are both on the roster, so no spot for Eddie. They only seem to carry 5 guards on the active roster at a time, Eddie is the odd man out unless someone is hurt. Pargo has been playing well, he is really the only guy Eddie might beat out for the last spot.

who is going to purposely mugg gordon or pargo for the charlotte bulls game?

These guys:

[QUOTE=Florida49er;144875]These guys:

[/QUOTE]

Or one of these guys…

I don’t know about the Bulls, but, some teams are really good with responding to fan requests for information. Someone might take the time to call or e-mail them and ask what the chances are for Eddie being active for the “hometown” game. It’s worth a shot.

skiles likes to play a lot of people, and really seems to like eddies hustle on D, although he admits eddie’s shot needs improvment

but i think its a good chance he’ll be here for the bobcats game…skiles knows where he’s from, and eddie will be activated, will he play a lot i dunno…but im willing to bank on skiles at least activating him for the game…or its just wishfull thinking since i have tickets

i sure hope he plays. i don’t know if an e-mail will answer our questions but it won’t hurt to ask.

i remember the observer sports editor coming on our board and sneering at us that eddie would never play in the nba. i’m sure it will make his day if eddie doesn’t play that night.

[QUOTE=LakeNorman49er;144890]i remember the observer sports editor coming on our board and sneering at us that eddie would never play in the nba. i’m sure it will make his day if eddie doesn’t play that night.[/QUOTE]

Not what I said at all. I said he’d be lucky to get 10 minutes a game this year, and as an undrafted rookie I don’t think that was an unreasonable statement. Numbers with the Bulls and what Skiles said after summer league suggested he’d make the team, so saying he’d never play wouldn’t have been a good bet. As for minutes, he’s averaging 7.2 in the 12 games in which he has appeared. The Bulls have played 23 times so far.

We’ll check on whether he’s likely to play/be active and put it in the paper the day of the game. I hope he plays.

I think they activated and played him when he was home in Washington against the Wiz a couple of weeks ago. But Gordon was hurt, so I think his minutes and activation was happening when Gordon missed a few games.

They basically have 3 starting guards that share the minutes at two positions. As a result the 5th or 6th guard position does not get a lot of minutes or even activations.

Ever since Pargo had that great game, Eddie hasn’t been playing much

Or one of these guys....

He said mugg, not mugging down with…