Basden recalled by Chicago

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;161695]What I meant was that if people can make the argument that the Niners deserve the public’s respect because it says Charlotte on the uniforms, the Bobcats should get the respect of those same people. They’re our city’s team, too. If that’s not a two-way street for fans, why not?[/QUOTE]

CPANiner, Max Power, and Powerbait already expressed everything a Charlottean would want to say about the NBA team in town.
My idea of spending money on a certain product is whichever I choose should meet my requirements. My hard earn money should be well spent. So, rather than making the rich any richer(and it was crammed down most of Charlottean throat anyway). I choose not to support the bobcats.
The same reason I choose not to support the Clt observer for stuffing my face with “local” teams coverage. Could I find the "our city’s college team in the O? You know how it goes Mike. The good ole “what’s in it for me” kind of a question. Just because of those reasons I rather support my alma mater basketball program and Charlotte Athletic foundation instead of spending my money on something I don’t enjoy or believe in.

[QUOTE=Niner89;161722] Could I find the "our city’s college team in the O? You know how it goes Mike. The good ole “what’s in it for me” kind of a question. [/QUOTE]

This morning you could have found a story about your Niners at the top of the front of the sports page. Tomorrow, too. But don’t let the facts get in the way.

You should be able to choose how to spend your money, and you can. So can every other Charlottean. Probably 13,000 of them will spend their money on the Bobcats tonight.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;161728]This morning you could have found a story about your Niners at the top of the front of the sports page. Tomorrow, too. But don’t let the facts get in the way.

You should be able to choose how to spend your money, and you can. So can every other Charlottean. Probably 13,000 of them will spend their money on the Bobcats tonight.[/QUOTE]

Orale carnal ! Time is hard. The O is going to have to do better than 2 in a row to earn my quarter. You could call me a tough customer. But, you still have the rest of the walmart tarheels you can earn your coins from.

And, for tonight, I spend my money on Niners. Thanks for the local paper support Mike.

What I meant was that if people can make the argument that the Niners deserve the public's respect because it says Charlotte on the uniforms, the Bobcats should get the respect of those same people. They're our city's team, too. If that's not a two-way street for fans, why not?

Oh my god…

I agree with a Mike P. statement.

He’s right…Teams such as the Charlotte Bobcats, Carolina Panthers, Charlotte 49ers - they should all share in the spotlight of the Charlotte sports scene. How closely a fan chooses to follow that team or sport is something they should decide for themselves - it shouldn’t be decided for them. For example, the Bobcats are not my favorite NBA team, but I fully understand and respect that they are treated as the city’s favorite NBA team.

so whats the deal with eddie now? he hasnt been on the roster or box score for 3 games, but on bulls.com it has him just saying that he got recalled, and didn’t get sent back to the d-league…

but on another note, heres a website to eddie’s braket (http://www.nba.com/media/bulls/basden_bracket06.pdf)…for the ncaa tourney, he ben gordon, deng, and sweetney all did knoe, and they are on bulls.com…wonder if charlotte had made it where he would have had us…since oviously gordon had uconn all the way and deng had duke all the way, but those are #1 seeds so…still would have been cool to see

He played in two games, and was inactive the last three. Look at NBA.com under Transactions if you want to be 100% sure he hasn’t been re-re-assigned to the NBDL. It’s more accurate the ESPN.com (for obvious reasons) at tracking player movement.