Baseball All-Conference

http://atlantic10.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/052008aaa.html

http://atlantic10.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/atl10/sports/m-basebl/auto_pdf/All-confbaseball

CT named Player of the Year and Shayler named Freahman of the Year! Lyerly and Mac also on the first team. McLain on first team as a pitcher.

OB, Bray, Shayler, and Moody on 2nd team, along with Yermal.

Derek Mechling isn’t fit to sniff Chris Taylor’s jock. The fact that they’re co-players of the year is a gigantic slap in the face to CT.

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;320500]Derek Mechling isn’t fit to sniff Chris Taylor’s jock. The fact that they’re co-players of the year is a gigantic slap in the face to CT.[/QUOTE]

Having Co-POY is weak. I’ve noticed that the A10 has had several co-POTW this year.

Anyways, Congrats to Chris Taylor and the rest of the all conference players.

Derek Mechling isn't fit to sniff Chris Taylor's jock. The fact that they're co-players of the year is a gigantic slap in the face to CT.

Rob Lyerly is the only player in the league who deserved to share the award with CT. All his numbers were better than Mechling’s numbers. I don’t get that. Having the two of them share the award is like giving trophies to every player on the team in little league even though they didn’t win ****.

Congrats to Kelly McLain for making the first-team all-conference. I was very surprised to see that. He was certainly our best pitcher this season, but you don’t often see relief pitchers garnering these types of honors. He’s only a sophomore so I bet he will develop even further.

I knew Corey Shaylor would be Freshman of the year. He is the second player from Independence to win that award for us after Aaron Bray won it in 2006.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;320528]Rob Lyerly is the only player in the league who deserved to share the award with CT. All his numbers were better than Mechling’s numbers.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that’s exactly what Mary Beth and I said about this last night while bitching about the whole thing.

[QUOTE]Congrats to Kelly McLain for making the first-team all-conference. I was very surprised to see that.[/QUOTE]
They always put one reliever on the all-conference team, so I figured he had to be the best in the league. No one has been able to touch his cut fastball.

Yeah, that's exactly what Mary Beth and I said about this last night while bitching about the whole thing.

They always put one reliever on the all-conference team, so I figured he had to be the best in the league. No one has been able to touch his cut fastball.

Oh ok, I was basing my assumptions on the way the majors believe that if you arent a starter or a closer, then you suck and don’t get awards. Kelly definitely deserved it and I am glad he got recognized.

Derek Mechling isn't fit to sniff Chris Taylor's jock. The fact that they're co-players of the year is a gigantic slap in the face to CT.

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/stories/051508aai.html

are you 5 finger fisting me???
this guy’s offensive stats don’t sniff CT (and CT plays in an MLB size yard)

the ONLY thing that might of got this other kid honored is he may very well have a cannon and throw anyone out…but I don’t know that

I am sure this was done by the A10 coaches sick of Niners winning all the awards

Mechling should be ashamed and throw it in the garbage

-signed former CPOY

[URL]http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/stories/051508aai.html[/URL]

-signed former CPOY

Psssshhh… Show off.

Oh ok, I was basing my assumptions on the way the majors believe that if you arent a starter or a closer, then you suck and don't get awards. Kelly definitely deserved it and I am glad he got recognized.

Hibbs likes a “Darren Dreifort” in his bullpen. Its been Wichita’s theory for decades. You take one of your best, if not the best pitcher and use him anywhere from the 5th inning on when the game is in jeopardy. Just because you don’t start or close in Hibbs system is not relevant to how good you are.

Hibbs likes a "Darren Dreifort" in his bullpen. Its been Wichita's theory for decades. You take one of your best, if not the best pitcher and use him anywhere from the 5th inning on when the game is in jeopardy. Just because you don't start or close in Hibbs system is not relevant to how good you are.

Yeah, that is a really good strategy now that I think about it. Who was that guy in your time?

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;320614]Yeah, that is a really good strategy now that I think about it. Who was that guy in your time?[/QUOTE]

HIYYYYYOOOOOOOO

major daps

cheap shot on lassie

HIYYYYYOOOOOOOO

major daps

EW had a similar role, so did a guy named McKay in the late 90’s

PS- it only works if the team is good, and defending a lead nightly

[QUOTE=metro;320621]EW had a similar role, so did a guy named McKay in the late 90’s

PS- it only works if the team is good, and defending a lead nightly[/QUOTE]

What is John doing these days? Anyone know? I haven’t seen him in years.

[QUOTE=metro;320605]

-signed former CPOY[/QUOTE]

http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/052008aaa.html

[QUOTE]
Taylor becomes the third Charlotte baseball athlete named Conference Player of the Year (Tim Collie, 1995 and James Matan, 1998)
[/QUOTE]

Congrats. You are one of the 3. Hopefully we have more to come over the years.

I assume you played with Steve Ball, Jesse Summy, Eric Little, etc.

I used to be roomates with Steve and Jesse over at Lex Drive. Also, another teammate of Balls named Jeff (tall guy) I just can’t remember his last name.

Anyway, do you still keep up with them? It’s been 10 years since I have seen any of them.

Also, you may remember Trainers Carol Lewis and Dori (forget last name) as I once roomed with them too. It was totally innocent, I swear.

I assume you played with Steve Ball, Jesse Summy, Eric Little, etc.

I used to be roomates with Steve and Jesse over at Lex Drive. Also, another teammate of Balls named Jeff (tall guy) I just can’t remember his last name.

Anyway, do you still keep up with them? It’s been 10 years since I have seen any of them.

Also, you may remember Trainers Carol Lewis and Dori (forget last name) as I once roomed with them too. It was totally innocent, I swear.

sent pm