Baseball Stadium/New Entrance

Does anyone have any updates on the baseball stadium renovation or any good sketches of the finished project? How 'bout sketches of the new entrance? I am really interested to see what they’re both going to look like. Has any work started yet on either project (I remember reading somewhere that the stadium work would begin right after the season ended)?

Does anyone have any updates on the baseball stadium renovation or any good sketches of the finished project? How 'bout sketches of the new entrance? I am really interested to see what they're both going to look like. Has any work started yet on either project (I remember reading somewhere that the stadium work would begin right after the season ended)?

A search would answer your questions.

New Entrance

Baseball Stadium

Does anyone have any updates on the baseball stadium renovation or any good sketches of the finished project? How 'bout sketches of the new entrance? I am really interested to see what they're both going to look like. Has any work started yet on either project (I remember reading somewhere that the stadium work would begin right after the season ended)?

Click on this, scroll down and click on Baseball Complex and New Front Entrance. It’ll come up as a pdf.

http://fmbld02.uncc.edu/Planning/

I’ve heard the baseball stadium renovations will start around August when baseball camps are over with. Who cares though as long as they are done my next season.

Edited: Drawing too large to post. Looks great. The write-up says the current front entrance will become a pedestrian-only entrance.

so i drove through campus yesterday on my way to a cookout (where we watched ole miss/memphis and some of louisville/kentucky b/c thats what we do in the south) anyways the new buildings look amazing. the area between the new nursing and education buildings on the way up the steps to halton looks AMAZING and it isnt even finished.

However the front sign is still there. I know it looks like shit but can someone please go pull weeds? it looks terrible. Also i found out yesterday that when my wife and her dad drove 11 hours to visit charlotte when selecting schools they saw the entrance and were not sure if they were going in the right spot

Update on the front entrance: [URL=http://www.nineronline.com/media/storage/paper971/news/2006/10/23/News/New-Entrance.Construction.Funding.Still.Unclear-2380682.shtml?norewrite200610230107&sourcedomain=www.nineronline.com]New entrance construction, funding still unclear[/URL]

[QUOTE]According to John Fessler, capital projects director for UNCC facilities management, the project will be broken into phases when construction begins. The project had been planned for the summer of 2006, but was delayed, partly for funding issues. With funding issues continuing, Fessler is not sure when UNCC can expect to see all phases of the new entrance completed.

What the director is sure of is that phase one, which includes the new entrance road, two crosswalks over University Boulevard, a roundabout, a new UNCC sign and other work related to the new road will be done. Starting this summer, Fessler said the work, which will run a new road through the middle of the large field between campus and University Blvd., will take some nine months. Completion of the plans for the entrance could effect when the project is completed.
[/QUOTE]

I hope we get the name changed before they etch that in stone or they will have another reason not to…
http://fmbld02.uncc.edu/news/Color%20Rendering%20Front%20Entrance%204-24-06.JPG

Crud… They really need to light a fire under the folks in charge of the new entrance. First impressions are crucial to prospective students, business leaders, visiting scholars, and athletic recruits. It will pay dividends… the sooner, the better.

I wonder if we could work a potential name change by swriting something to McCrory. Just to see if he could get any leverage… My dad always said, “Everything is worth a try, what’s the worst, they’ll do? Say no?”

So one of my professors was saying that the school waited out on building a new entrance on pupose. The guy before dubois waited out because he knew someone (alumni or business) would step up and say they would foot the bill or something.

Any truth to that?

So one of my professors was saying that the school waited out on building a new entrance on pupose. The guy before dubois waited out because he knew someone (alumni or business) would step up and say they would foot the bill or something.

Any truth to that?

I think the main reason was that when they realign the entrance road, they will be taking the front fields away. The entire campus is shifting, and the front field area and high rises will soon be home to academic buildings. Most, if not all, of the residences will be on the other side of campus where all of the new suites are, around Witherspoon, Squires, Greek Village, etc. So waiting kept the front fields in service while the residential areas shifted across campus. I can’t wait to watch the highrises get imploded!

plans for highrises have changed. They’re going to be around for a while longer. They’re not getting torn down anytime soon from what I’ve read.

plans for highrises have changed. They're going to be around for a while longer. They're not getting torn down anytime soon from what I've read.

I guess I can wait, then. But I’ll be there to watch when they do come down.

I think the main reason was that when they realign the entrance road, they will be taking the front fields away. The entire campus is shifting, and the front field area and high rises will soon be home to academic buildings. Most, if not all, of the residences will be on the other side of campus where all of the new suites are, around Witherspoon, Squires, Greek Village, etc. So waiting kept the front fields in service while the residential areas shifted across campus. I can't wait to watch the highrises get imploded!

Actually, I believe the fields will still be there… just smaller because the new entrance road will split them in to two pieces, and adding a new turnaround will take up some space.

The new academic buildings that will line the front entrance should be behind High Rise Rd. and across this street from the fields.

That means we’ll have three turnarounds: one in front of the admissions building, one at the Charlotte Research Institute, and one at the new front entrance. It would be really cool if they could/would put a fountain at the front entrance one.

The administration dosen’t want a fountain because of possible fraternity soap bubble incidents… ugh.

The administration dosen't want a fountain because of possible fraternity soap bubble incidents... ugh.

That’s hard to believe - it sounds like the most harmless thing in the world. I think Barbara Bush has pulled ‘zanier’ pranks.

Is our administration really that vanilla?

The administration dosen't want a fountain because of possible fraternity soap bubble incidents... ugh.

lol… I can just see the admins driving in one morning, seeing soap bubbles in the fountain, and then immediately turning around to drive home, screaming “Oh, my God… Oh, no. Oh, no… SOAP BUBBLES! Shut down the school! Tell everyone to go home! Evacuate! EVACUATE!!!”

[QUOTE=NinerATL2CHA;194062]lol… I can just see the admins driving in one morning, seeing soap bubbles in the fountain, and then immediately turning around to drive home, screaming “Oh, my God… Oh, no. Oh, no… SOAP BUBBLES! Shut down the school! Tell everyone to go home! Evacuate! EVACUATE!!!”[/QUOTE]
I don’t know I was there with the slast snow fall we had and they waited a long time (11:30) to call it. That’s a long time considering it’s a “commuter campus” supposedly. But soap would be a bit worse… That would be funny…

Vanilla… :lmao:

I like NinerATL2CHA’s take. :lmao:

He left out Phil Dubois jumping through a closed window in a panic, though.

[ATTACH]700[/ATTACH]