Baseball team under hazing investigation

Let me put it this way then… things are not good.

I’m very concerned about this investigation. We’ll have to wait and see what happens, but I don’t have a good feeling about this. IF the investigation determines that something did happen, I hope that the penalty fits the infraction and isn’t an overreaction.

Sometimes an overreaction is what is needed to prevent it from happening again.

I didn’t think there was anything to it, until NWA just said he heard it was serious. WTH is going on?

It seems we are taking a little different approach then the flagship program up the road. We stop all activities, and they just keep making excuses that it was not an for the athletic dept. I hope it is nothing major, but glad that the school is taking proper time to investigate since this can be a serious situation.

So just happened to notice UGA dropped us from their schedule and added Eastern Illinois

Thanks for the update, although that’s not exactly good news like I was hoping to see.

^^^ +

Cheaper to drop baseball than add a women’s sport to meet requirements with football. Hayes would become top of the line softball field.

If they needed an excuse, they got one, maybe. Just saying.

[quote=“ninerID, post:29, topic:29136”]Cheaper to drop baseball than add a women’s sport to meet requirements with football. Hayes would become top of the line softball field.

If they needed an excuse, they got one, maybe. Just saying.[/quote]

[URL=http://s726.photobucket.com/user/Niner89/media/original_zpsf32d4b93.jpg.html][/URL]

[quote=“ninerID, post:29, topic:29136”]Cheaper to drop baseball than add a women’s sport to meet requirements with football. Hayes would become top of the line softball field.

We would be a lot better off to keep baseball and get a new AD.

We have not heard any updates or even rumors for the past few weeks. Does anyone have any idea how bad this could end up? I know that a few guys were suspended.

[quote=“49r9r, post:31, topic:29136”][quote=“ninerID, post:29, topic:29136”]Cheaper to drop baseball than add a women’s sport to meet requirements with football. Hayes would become top of the line softball field.

We would be a lot better off to keep baseball and get a new AD.[/quote]
We would be a lot better off to (insert any action, or no action, that is not illegal or unethical, that may or may not have anything to do with sports) and get a new AD.

It would have to be some pretty horrific hazing in order to shut down the entire program. I would be pretty pissed off if they go this route.

FWIW Akron released their schedule yesterday and we were still on it.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:34, topic:29136”][quote=“ninerID, post:29, topic:29136”]Cheaper to drop baseball than add a women’s sport to meet requirements with football. Hayes would become top of the line softball field.

It would have to be some pretty horrific hazing in order to shut down the entire program. I would be pretty pissed off if they go this route.

FWIW Akron released their schedule yesterday and we were still on it.[/quote]
I haven’t gotten any specific details yet, but my source has only stated that “3-4 players will be in trouble”------ I know that isn’t much information, but its all I have so far. Definitely no danger of the program being shut down though.

[quote=“919R, post:35, topic:29136”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:34, topic:29136”][quote=“ninerID, post:29, topic:29136”]Cheaper to drop baseball than add a women’s sport to meet requirements with football. Hayes would become top of the line softball field.

FWIW Akron released their schedule yesterday and we were still on it.[/quote]
I haven’t gotten any specific details yet, but my source has only stated that “3-4 players will be in trouble”------ I know that isn’t much information, but its all I have so far. Definitely no danger of the program being shut down though.[/quote]Good to hear. When I saw that Georgia dropped us, I thought we might not play for a year.

I’m not a huge baseball fan, but it’d be a huge black eye for us to suspend the program. Plus I really want to see us play at BB&T Stadium this year.

If they needed an excuse, they got one, maybe. Just saying.[/quote] HA HA. Gotta move those fences in quite a bit and resize the infield.
Just ask 49r9r and he will tell you that Judy would never shut down baseball. ;D

[quote=“4ever niner, post:37, topic:29136”][quote=“ninerID, post:29, topic:29136”]Cheaper to drop baseball than add a women’s sport to meet requirements with football. Hayes would become top of the line softball field.

If they needed an excuse, they got one, maybe. Just saying.[/quote] HA HA. Gotta move those fences in quite a bit and resize the infield.
Just ask 49r9r and he will tell you that Judy would never shut down baseball. ;D[/quote]

You’re just upset that Judy always talks to me at baseball games while ignoring you.

[quote=“49r9r, post:38, topic:29136”][quote=“4ever niner, post:37, topic:29136”][quote=“ninerID, post:29, topic:29136”]Cheaper to drop baseball than add a women’s sport to meet requirements with football. Hayes would become top of the line softball field.

Just ask 49r9r and he will tell you that Judy would never shut down baseball. ;D[/quote]

You’re just upset that Judy always talks to me at baseball games while ignoring you.[/quote]

You gents are going to have to settle down a bit. Believe it or not, Judy is at Transamerica way more than any other place. ;D

Any word on what the accusation is?