Baseball Title at Stake Today

We have sewed up at least second place in the regular season, assuring us of a first round bye. We are currently tied with Xavier for first place in the league standings. Our last regular season game is TODAY AT NOON, and we need to win.

Then, of course, there is the Conference Tourney, then the sub-regionals, then the super-regionals, and then our trip to Omaha for the College World Series.

But today is your last chance to see the Niners at home this year, and it is a BIG GAME. Plus, it is Senior Day.

If we win, we tie for conference… but to win outright and get the #1 seed, Xavier has to lose. GO COLONIALS.

Who’s taking the mound for us today?

[QUOTE=Chisox17;320200]Who’s taking the mound for us today?[/QUOTE]
Luke Stahl.

And I’m sure today’s announcer will be announcing updates on the Xavier score, assuming the xavier game is being played at the same time.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;320202]And I’m sure today’s announcer will be announcing updates on the Xavier score, assuming the xavier game is being played at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Anyone know what time the X game ? I’m at the game and haven’t hard any updates.

according to the Xavier Athletics website, the game started at noon.
The other two games of the three game series between X and GW have both gone to X, 9-8 and 9-1.

X up 1-0, bottom of 5th. GW loaded the bases in the 5th with no outs and couldn’t score.

X up 1-0, bottom of 5th. GW loaded the bases in the 5th with no outs and couldn't score.

pathetic

had to be a pop up or strikeout + double play

Can someone tell me just how bad Brad McElroy’s ankle sprain is. Is he expected to play in the tournament?

Can someone tell me just how bad Brad McElroy's ankle sprain is. Is he expected to play in the tournament?

Alex?

[QUOTE=metro;320216]Alex?[/QUOTE]

No Brad. Centerfield.

No Brad. Centerfield.

I believe he was asking for Alex Drake to answer the question.

I believe he was asking for Alex Drake to answer the question.
:lol: we have a winner

Alex = PA guy for baseball

Sorry, I didn’t understand.

:lol: we have a winner

Alex = PA guy for baseball

Yeah, but being that he is PAing, he isn’t going to be able to answer any questions while the game is going on.

Yeah, but being that he is PAing, he isn't going to be able to answer any questions while the game is going on.

Use the shoutbox, he lurks between innings I’m sure

Sorry, I didn't understand.

No need to apologize. Metro is very cryptic.

NINERS WIN 2-1… walk-off homer in the 10th from Chris Taylor.

NINERS WIN 2-1..... walk-off homer in the 10th from Chris Taylor.
Yep. Everyone in the stadium knew that ball was gone before CT even finished his follow through.

What a game.