Baseball vs Missouri

I’ll be in town this weekend, and I’m lookin to see all my Niner friends again for a good tailgate and some Niners baseball dominance. What time are the games? Who will be out there tailgating? LET’S DO THIS NINERS! Get out your brooms, it’s gonna be another SWEEP!

I will defintely be out there tailgating Saturday, starting about 9:30ish. Games are at 12:00 and 45 minutes after the first game ends (roughly 3:30). I will post my weekly preview tomorrow.

I’ll be out there, with some friends from AL and NY who are in town for the 311 show in Asheville on Monday.

Here’s hoping for a big tailgate, I’m trying to show them a good time while they’re here.

Great! I’m looking forward to seeing you guys again and partaking in some pregame awesomeness.

What’s the over/under on how many home games we will have before Judy comes out to show off her new 'do or CHP joins us at the tailgate for an apple-tini?

[quote=“N1NER, post:5, topic:24992”]What’s the over/under on how many home games we will have before Judy comes out to show off her new 'do or CHP joins us at the tailgate for an apple-tini?
[/quote]

I hope I never see the day that an Appletini is served at a tailgate I attend.

We know Judy will make her obligatory appearance for the UNC game. If CHP shows up to tailgate some of you need to pound him with questions. Perhaps the first question should be “Why don’t you want us to have our own med school?”.

WEEKEND PREVIEW

Schedule and Projected Starters:

Friday 4:00- SP’s: RHP [b]Andrew Smith /b vs RHP [b]Matt Stites /b
Saturday 12:00- SP’s: RHP [b]Tyler Barnette /b vs LHP Rob Zastryzny/font
Saturday 3:30- SP’s: RHP [b]Corey Roberts /b vs [font=arial]LHP [b]Zack Hardoin /b[/font]
Sunday 12:00- SP’s: RHP [b]Joe Yermal /b vs LHP [b]Kelly Fick /b

Projected lineup:
CF Cory Tilton RH
LF Shane Brown LH
2B Corey Shaylor RH
RF Tony Montalbano LH
C Ross Steedley RH
3B Shane Basen RH
DH Justin Wilson LH
1B (Miguel Rodriguez RH, Kevin Gillespie LH, Corbin Shive RH)
SS Justin Roland RH

Missouri comes in to the Hayes at 1-2, beating Cal Poly and losing to Southern Cal and UNC-CH in the Southern Cal Touney this past weekend. The Tigers only win came in a rain shortened 6 inning game vs Cal Poly. They lost the other two in the tourney by a combined score of 20-6.

[ul][li]Expectations are low this year for the Tigers as most college baseball publications project them near the bottom of the Big 12. [/li]
[li]Last season was the first time in 9 seasons that Mizzou did not make post season play. They finished with an RPI of 75 playing in the very tough Big 12 which had a conference RPI of 4. [/li]
[li]Mizzou will have an inexperienced front end of the rotation, but relies on several vets to round out the staff. [/li]
[li]The pitching staff includes several lefties (3 of the potential 4 starters are leftys) [/li]
[li]The bullpen is expected to be a strength for the Tigers according to Head Coach Tim Jamieson.[/li]
[li]Head Coach Tim Jamieson will manage Team USA this summer.[/li]
[li]SP Matt Stites was drafted in the 33rd Round by the Chicago Cubs in the 2010 draft, Juco All-American last season[/li]
[li]SP Rob Zastryzny starts as a freshman after being a HS All-American last season[/li]
[li]SS Eric Garcia may also come in to close games on the mound, will compete with returning closer Brad Buehler[/li]
[li]OF Ryan Gebhart is the top returning hitter batting .328[/li]
[li]OF Jonah Schmidt is the top returning HR and RBI man (7 & 33)[/li]
[li]4th starter could be between LHP Kelly Fick, LHP Phil McCormick, LHP Jeff Scardino[/li][/ul]

Scotty boy, I plan on going to at least one game on Saturday. I hope to have one or twelve with you for old times sake.

Ill def be out there Saturday!

Excellent! I will be at the 12:00 game. Can’t stay for the second one unfortunately.

[b]Basketball ticket holders - use your Charlotte vs. Richmond men's basketball ticket from the same day at Saturday's baseball doubleheader and receive FREE admission! [/b]

I just noticed that we have another All-American for the Niners this year.

CF Cory Tilton was selected 2nd team Defensive All-American by College Splits.

http://www.collegesplits.com/blog/20110217-pre-season-defensive.html

Anyone have the Niner’s win record since 2000 and a link?

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:12, topic:24992”]

Basketball ticket holders - use your Charlotte vs. Richmond men’s basketball ticket from the same day at Saturday’s baseball doubleheader and receive FREE admission!
[/quote]

That means baseball season ticket holders will have to be removing people from our seats. Not a bad problem to have.

349-258-2 From 2000-2010. Got that from our media guide. Since 2006 we are 199-87, a 69.6% winning percentage, good for 10th best in the nation. I believe we are the only one on that list that hasn’t made it to Omaha.

349-258-2 From 2000-2010. Got that from our media guide. Since 2006 we are 199-87, a 69.6% winning percentage, good for 10th best in the nation. I believe we are the only one on that list that hasn’t made it to Omaha.[/quote]

Here is the link:

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/fls/23200/Base/11MG/2011%20Base%20Guide%20Final.pdf

Game day. LET’S GO NINERS!!!

Good win today, should have been 5-2 but an error allowed for two runs to score early on. All in all the team looked pretty solid.

Smith was really good today. Gave up two earned runs over seven innings while striking out six.

The crowd was good as well. Should be even better tomorrow! Tailgating commences in ten hours.

Barnette and Roberts go for the Niners tomorrow. Let’s go boys!

Story with box score: http://www.charlotte49ers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23200&ATCLID=205103920