Baseball Week 7- vs FAU (CUSA-TV)

Gotta love only using two arms in game 1. Great start. Knight is the man right now too, picking up a lot of slack.

2 Likes

Great game today. McGowan wasn’t dominant but stayed in there and fought. Jackson Boss was on today. When he has his cutter working he just misses bats. The offense showed a lot of discipline at the plate. Austin Knight is a legitimate C-USA PoTY candidate.

The Golden Owl Cafe is a good spot for a postgame beverage:

5 Likes

I’ve heard that MLB scouts like to hang out at the Golden Owl…

Great way to start off a series!! Played well in all 3 phases,: pitched well, great defense with a few DPs turned, and great offensive effort putting up 9.

1 Like

Do they have TVs there? I hope there is a plaque there explaining the history behind the name of the place. Otherwise, when FAU, Rice, or Temple fans come in, they may think it’s in their honor. :wink:

I am curious about how much “UNC Charlotte stuff” is incorporated in to the decor of the entire hotel as well.

1 Like

I have heard there is a lot of Niner swag in the hotel, but I have not been over there yet.

Every employee in the restaurant was wearing an All-In C facemask tonight.

1 Like

That was a gritty win against a good opponent.

1 Like

Having a hotel and a bar like that on Campus is so freaking cool. Will have to check it out.

Also, congrats to the guys on the win. I believe they play 2 today.

3 Likes

Hey, whats going on with Lindsey?

Niners win game 1 of the day, 9-8 in 8 innings. Lead the series 2-0 with one more to play today.

1 Like
2 Likes

He’s been up and down for the past few weeks.

Struggled some vs ECU.
Great performance vs URI to clinch the series win.
Struggled at WKU last week.

Just working through some stuff I guess, trying to find consistency. Should see him start tomorrow unless we need to bring him in today.

Thanks for the Lindsay update…just making sure I didn’t miss an injury.

Haha walk off, 5-4 Charlotte. Another back and forth battle. Now let’s get greedy and go for the sweep against a very good opponent.

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Woof, woof, woof

Charlotte up to 32nd in the RPI, with SOS at 44.

3 Likes

Be a man Creggggg in my Southern drawl.

1 Like