Basketball Game Music

Hello my Niner Faithfuls…

As some of you know, I play bass in the pep band.

I figured I would start a thread and let you guys throw out ideas of some songs you guys would like to possibly hear at games this year. I’m not saying we will definitely play everything, but we will definitely check out your suggestions.

So just post some ideas here and I’ll bring them up with our director.

Thanks,
ShaGGy
:49ers:

Call me Al.

WILD THING

but change the words.

Call me Al.

Agreed! I used to love singing to that in Halton.

Also: Brick House

[QUOTE=Hooner49;348224]Agreed! I used to love singing to that in Halton.

Also: Brick House[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Powerbait;348213]Call me Al.[/QUOTE]

Scary (or Sad) thing is anytime I hear this song (even the Muzak version), I instantly think of Halton Arena, 49ers basketball and the band.

My personal comments on the band.

Since I started annually buying season tickets 5-6 years ago (don’t remember exactly, but I know Jobey was still eligible), the band has SIGNIFICANTLY IMPROVED. I think it has grown in numbers and all of the band members should be proud of their efforts.

WITH THAT SAID.

The school fight song is NOT heard enough during a basketball game.

Yes, it is played more than a couple of years ago, but it is still too tightly corriographed (sp?).

I don’t need to hear zombie nation or whatever prerecorded stuff is played. I need to hear my school’s fight song.

I think I bought up a similar issue a few years ago and was something about the difficulty of the arrangement. Sorry if those are the wrong words, but I’m not a music major.

I’ve noticed during the football season that some school’s have several variations of the fight song. If the song is really challenging to perform at a moment’s notice…that something needs to be done to correct that.

It is the ONE SONG that EVERY ALUM and STUDENT should recognize more than anything else (other than the alma mater, but we’ll save that discussion for another time).

more fight song please, nothing personal , but I don’t need to hear how many different songs you can perform.

I don't need to hear zombie nation or whatever prerecorded stuff is played. I need to hear my school's fight song.

x2

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;348227]Scary (or Sad) thing is anytime I hear this song (even the Muzak version), I instantly think of Halton Arena, 49ers basketball and the band.

Since I started annually buying season tickets 5-6 years ago (don’t remember exactly, but I know Jobey was still eligible), the band has SIGNIFICANTLY IMPROVED. I think it has grown in numbers and all of the band members should be proud of their efforts.

WITH THAT SAID.

Yes, it is played more than a couple of years ago, but it is still too tightly corriographed (sp?).

I don’t need to hear zombie nation or whatever prerecorded stuff is played. I need to hear my school’s fight song.

I think I bought up a similar issue a few years ago and was something about the difficulty of the arrangement. Sorry if those are the wrong words, but I’m not a music major.

I’ve noticed during the football season that some school’s have several variations of the fight song. If the song is really challenging to perform at a moment’s notice…that something needs to be done to correct that.

It is the ONE SONG that EVERY ALUM and STUDENT should recognize more than anything else (other than the alma mater, but we’ll save that discussion for another time).

more fight song please, nothing personal , but I don’t need to hear how many different songs you can perform.[/QUOTE]

QFT!

HAIL, Charlotte 49ers, proud as we can be!
We stand to fight for the green and white,
'Til we win the victory! GO NINERS!
We pledge our trust in you
And wave your colors high!
The loyal Niner Nation cheers,
Forever! we’ll FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Iron Man

Scary (or Sad) thing is anytime I hear this song (even the Muzak version), I instantly think of Halton Arena, 49ers basketball and the band.

WITH THAT SAID.

more fight song please, nothing personal , but I don’t need to hear how many different songs you can perform.

Keep in mind, over the past couple years the band has been kind of restricted too. Like the Zombie Nation thing … we don’t like it anymore than you do. Hmmmm…can I still say “we”, since I’m now technically “Drummer Emeritus?” Help me out on that one, Sideshow…

Last year, we actually got discouraged from PLAYING the fight song on several occasions in lieu of canned music (the PA, the jumbotron, etc). Needless to say, that will change this year…I’m 100% positive on it. Take that to the bank. If anybody told you about the fight song being a “difficult arrangement,” they were nuts. It’s pretty straightforward, and similar to most any other fight song. The band CAN play it at the drop of a hat…it’s just tough when (like the aforementioned episodes) you have someone running over to the band telling them not to play it.

Thanks for the comments, though. We worked our asses off over the past couple of years to get where we have. Glad to see it’s appreciated.

Also, let me just say that some very positive changes have been made in regards to the music (band and otherwise), as well as how the band itself is handled and the role it will play in games. Good things are coming…you’ll see this season.

In regards to “Al”…make up your minds lol! Three years ago, “You Can Call Me Al” was like a musical pariah on NN.N. Everybody HATED that damn song…then the second the band starts playing it less, everybody misses it. It’s a conspiracy, I tell you.

And as far as “Brick House,” the band’s been playing that one since about 2005.

I love Al and always will. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=49erDrummer;348239]

Needless to say, that will change this year…I’m 100% positive on it. Take that to the bank.

Also, let me just say that some very positive changes have been made in regards to the music (band and otherwise), as well as how the band itself is handled and the role it will play in games. Good things are coming…you’ll see this season.

[/QUOTE]

Good. I look forward to seeing the “good things”.

Thanks

Alot of people get up and pumped with zombie nation…

Not exactly crowd pumping music…but “Africa” by Toto would be great if played well.

Call me crazy…but hearing the UMass band play it in Atlantic City during the A10 tourney it was quite a treat.

flo rida “In the ayer”… throwin bows

Not exactly crowd pumping music...but "Africa" by Toto would be great if played well.

Call me crazy…but hearing the UMass band play it in Atlantic City during the A10 tourney it was quite a treat.

Yeah, that was pretty damn hot. They had a heck of a band.

Still, Cory (our director) and I agreed that, as you said, it’s not really good “Pep Band” music.

A sick piece, nonetheless.

Johnny Cash Ring of Fire

Zeppelin Black Dog

Vanilla Fudge