Basketball Game Music

I want to hear…

“Would I Lie to You” by the Eurythmics
"Sell Out" by Reel Big Fish
"Beat It" by Michael Jackson

and no “Call Me Al”

And for those wanting more fight song…that’s not our decision.

I’m not a huge fan of Zombie Nation, but I’m definitely not a fan of “Zombie Nation” being played anytime within the first 30 minutes of a game. It should only be played during the closing minutes of a game at a big spot.

Actually, the band should just learn that song.

[QUOTE=GSpotNiner;348263]flo rida “In the ayer”… throwin bows[/QUOTE]

I cannot for the life of me find a band called florida, and is it supposed to “In the year”?

I want to hear.....

“Would I Lie to You” by the Eurythmics
“Sell Out” by Reel Big Fish
“Beat It” by Michael Jackson

and no “Call Me Al”

I’m not a huge fan of Zombie Nation, but I’m definitely not a fan of “Zombie Nation” being played anytime within the first 30 minutes of a game. It should only be played during the closing minutes of a game at a big spot.

Actually, the band should just learn that song.

Shaggy already knows Zombie Nation, Felt.

Get with him, and then get on the rest of the band about it. BTW…I spoke with Cory today. He said you’re doing quite well with the whole guitar experiment. Can’t wait to hear it.

[QUOTE=J Felt;348269]

[/QUOTE]

Not questioning ya’ll on it ---- but it is a damn silly idea.

Sometimes, gameday events at Halton scare me.

I always have this fear that one game we will fight back from 15-20 point deficit to tie the game with 2:00 left. Our opponent will call time out and instead of spontaneous noise/cheering and the band playing the fight song, the band director is told not to play and the PA guy turns the mike over to someone in the stands to answer a Jack in the Box Niners Trivia question.

before someone says it, I know things like the trivia games are during scheduled timeouts. but its a dream or should I say a nightmare. If there are people who discourage playing of the fight song, I fear this scenario could happen.

But as I was told earlier, things will be better this year, so I will sit back and wait 'til then.

[QUOTE=squattie;348259]Not exactly crowd pumping music…but “Africa” by Toto would be great if played well.

Call me crazy…but hearing the UMass band play it in Atlantic City during the A10 tourney it was quite a treat.[/QUOTE]

surprised anyone else on here remembers that song. I’m A LOT older than many of you. I actually have Africa on my iPod.

I’ve always liked that song, but it would’ve been one of the last songs I’d guess for a pep band.

I’m a fan of “Al” and Ants Marching as well. I also heart Sweet Caroline (although I know Davidson and UNCCH claim it, so might not be a great idea) What was that you tube vid somebody posted a while back- the white stripes- 7 nation army i think. Anybody want to learn Journey? I’m also especially partial to “don’t stop believin” Yes, I know it’s cliche and over-played, but I GUARANTEE everybody will sing along…

[QUOTE=spartyniner;348306]I’m a fan of “Al” and Ants Marching as well. I also heart Sweet Caroline (although I know Davidson and UNCCH claim it, so might not be a great idea) What was that you tube vid somebody posted a while back- the white stripes- 7 nation army i think. Anybody want to learn Journey? I’m also especially partial to “don’t stop believin” Yes, I know it’s cliche and over-played, but I GUARANTEE everybody will sing along…[/QUOTE]

A lot of people claim Sweet Caroline. I like the song, too. But its done too many places now for my taste.

[QUOTE]Sweet Caroline is popular at sporting events, and is played at most notably at every Boston Red Sox home game during the middle of the eighth inning. It has also been played at Nashville Sounds home games, Auburn University, University of Pittsburgh, Boston College, Penn State, Ohio State, Texas Christian University,New York Giants, Minnesota Twins, New York Mets, Baltimore Orioles, Washington Nationals (during the visiting team’s first pitching change, usually in the 6th inning or later), Brooklyn Cyclones Brevard County Manatees, San Jose Giants, Portland Beavers, Greenville Drive, University of Mississippi,University of Virginia, and Vanderbilt University baseball games, and University of North Carolina, University of South Carolina,University of Wyoming and Florida State University sporting events, as well as University of Kansas, Michigan State University, Davidson College,Union College, Brevard College Charlotte Bobcats, and Washington State University basketball games, as well as New York Jets home games, UMass Amherst hockey games, Green Bay Blizzard,University of Wisconsin and Iowa State University football games and Bowling Green State University football and hockey games including the Chicago Blackhawks, New York Rangers, and Florida Panthers. Indiana University recently started playing it at their basketball games. The University of Central Florida (UCF) started playing Sweet Caroline at their baseball games, usually in the 7th inning. [/QUOTE]

A lot of people claim Sweet Caroline. I like the song, too. But its done too many places now for my taste.

Point taken…but I have a special place in my heart for Neil Diamond.

And I know, I’m blonde, but what was your orig. screen name and why can’t I remember it? I know who you are, but I can’t remember…

[QUOTE=spartyniner;348309]what was your orig. screen name and why can’t I remember it? I know who you are, but I can’t remember…[/QUOTE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvio_Dante

[QUOTE=spartyniner;348309]Point taken…but I have a special place in my heart for Neil Diamond.

[/QUOTE]

Every time I hear a Neil Diamond song, I think of this…

http://www.zippyvideos.com/7380835272277986/willferrell-neildiamondstorytellers/

Flo Rida two words “In the ayer” its not really PC but thats the way the cookie crumbles

No “Sweet Caroline.” Ever. Its overdone.

[QUOTE=spartyniner;348309]Point taken…but I have a special place in my heart for Neil Diamond.

And I know, I’m blonde, but what was your orig. screen name and why can’t I remember it? I know who you are, but I can’t remember…[/QUOTE]

I’m down with some Diamond. Just not that ridiculously overplayed song. It’s overplayed at every single level.

Diamond options:

Cracklin’ Rosie
The Boat that I Row
Cherry, Cherry
I’m a Believer
Kentucky Woman

I think all of those would work well with a Pep Band arrangement

Apache - Sugar Hill Gang (We just need the students in the lower section to dance)

And, of course the fight song.

Apache - Sugar Hill Gang (We just need the students in the lower section to dance)

We’re already playing that one. Students just need to dance.

[QUOTE=J Felt;348321]No “Sweet Caroline.” Ever. Its overdone.[/QUOTE]

Unless it’s done as well as Fenway Park does it, it shouldn’t be in any repertoire.

BTW, if any of you really want to hear a song, the best thing you can do is make a donation by buying an arrangement for the band.

IIRC, they’ll run you about $60 or so I think.

Hey, how about Sweet Caroline?

Or Call Me All.

[QUOTE=49or bust;348332]More rap music. Waaaaaayyyy more rap music.

edit… i didn’t even read the opening post. i assumed it was for what we should play over the speakers.[/QUOTE]

How do you make a melodic arrangement for a band out of people talking

How do you make a melodic arrangement for a band out of people talking

We could do that “Sunscreen” song from years ago…