Basketball Game Music

[QUOTE=J Felt;348335]We could do that “Sunscreen” song from years ago…[/QUOTE]

???

[URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvio_Dante[/URL]
LOL I had no idea you switched. I was wondering who this JoeSixPack guy was.
???

Really, you don’t remember THIS?!

How do you make a melodic arrangement for a band out of people talking
Did you make that up or something? The post you quoted doesn't even exist!

:mask:

[QUOTE=J Felt;348330]BTW, if any of you really want to hear a song, the best thing you can do is make a donation by buying an arrangement for the band.

IIRC, they’ll run you about $60 or so I think.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, this might be worth it…just to hear you guys play whatever I bought.

:biglaugh:

Hmmmm, this might be worth it............just to hear you guys play whatever I bought.

:biglaugh:

We’re also looking for a new guitar amp…

[QUOTE=J Felt;348338]Really, you don’t remember [URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfq_A8nXMsQ]THIS?![/URL][/QUOTE]

I have absolutely no recollection of that whatsoever. Was it popular at the time?

No "Sweet Caroline." Ever. Its overdone.

Amen.

I hate that song.

ive got sunshiiiinnnneeeeeee… on a cloudy day… when its… etcetcetc NINERS! TALKIN BOUT NINERS!..

hey, its been a hit at the soccer games… ask anyone who sits with us… plus its incredibly amusing…

I'm a fan of "Al" and Ants Marching as well. I also heart Sweet Caroline (although I know Davidson and UNCCH claim it, so might not be a great idea) What was that you tube vid somebody posted a while back- the white stripes- 7 nation army i think. Anybody want to learn Journey? I'm also especially partial to "don't stop believin" Yes, I know it's cliche and over-played, but I GUARANTEE everybody will sing along...
I mentioned 7 nation army but only used it to make an illustration of how part of a song could be used by the band to get the crowd going. It'd be nice if we could pick a song semi-unique to us.

I also think the intro to Thunderstruck by AC/DC would be good for player introductions, with everyone yelling NINERS instead of Thunder.

ive got sunshiiiinnnneeeeeee... on a cloudy day.... when its... etcetcetc NINERS! TALKIN BOUT NINERS!...

hey, its been a hit at the soccer games… ask anyone who sits with us… plus its incredibly amusing…

Heck yes! And NKOTB too, just for Robby. “Oo-ooo-ooouuuoo, The Nine-urs!”

Oh yea. Just read that. PLEASE don’t play “Ants Marching.” [B]PLEASE[/B]. That is one of the two DMB songs I like and I really must beg you guys not to play it. It doesn’t fit the mood of a basketball game. The melody and the way the song is played doesn’t fit the environment. Also, due to the nature of the instruments DMB uses at the beginning, it just doesn’t sound right.

Oh yea. Just read that. PLEASE don't play "Ants Marching." [B]PLEASE[/B]. That is one of the two DMB songs I like and I really must beg you guys not to play it. It doesn't fit the mood of a basketball game. The melody and the way the song is played doesn't fit the environment. Also, due to the nature of the instruments DMB uses at the beginning, it just doesn't sound right.
What's the other one?
What's the other one?
What would you say.

[QUOTE=J Felt;348269]I want to hear…

“Would I Lie to You” by the Eurythmics
"Sell Out" by Reel Big Fish
"Beat It" by Michael Jackson

and no “Call Me Al”

And for those wanting more fight song…that’s not our decision.

I’m not a huge fan of Zombie Nation, but I’m definitely not a fan of “Zombie Nation” being played anytime within the first 30 minutes of a game. It should only be played during the closing minutes of a game at a big spot.

Actually, the band should just learn that song.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODEgC5RGRnk&feature=related

If we got hype like this during that song, I think everyone would change their tune on “You can Call Me Al”

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODEgC5RGRnk&feature=related[/URL]

If we got hype like this during that song, I think everyone would change their tune on “You can Call Me Al”

I love “You Can Call Me All.”

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;348387]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODEgC5RGRnk&feature=related

If we got hype like this during that song, I think everyone would change their tune on “You can Call Me Al”[/QUOTE]

That makes me like it less. Hey, lets just rip off something that another school does.

I know there’s a lot of schools out there… but there’s gotta be something that would be easy to get the crowd involved in, that could be unique to Charlotte. Let’s find it, so we don’t hear people say “oh yeah, they got that from Florida, didn’t they?”

Edit: Maybe not a sing along, and probably not a song the U wants to endorse… but seeing as we’ll have a bass and an electric… Bulls on Parade would turn Halton upside down. I would gladly shell out the $$ to buy that arrangement… if it’s been made.

That makes me like it less. Hey, lets just rip off something that another school does.

I know there’s a lot of schools out there… but there’s gotta be something that would be easy to get the crowd involved in, that could be unique to Charlotte. Let’s find it, so we don’t hear people say “oh yeah, they got that from Florida, didn’t they?”

Thank you. One of my main reasons for disliking “Winning team, losing team.”

I certainly wouldn’t want to add a whole riggamarole to it, but I like that song. I don’t know when we started playing it but I would guess it was probably around the same time as the gators.

and that’s one of my main reasons for disliking zombie nation

Wake pretty much made that their official song way before we ever played it with regularity at Halton

[QUOTE=arn;348391]and that’s one of my main reasons for disliking zombie nation

Wake pretty much made that their official song way before we ever played it with regularity at Halton[/QUOTE]

that and it makes me realize how out of shape I am. At first it’s freakin sweet… then ten minutes into it… can we stop jumping now?