Benell Murray

Any word on what Lutz said to him in their little chat? Any word on what his problem was? Any word on why he had a cupcake tattooed on his left bicep?

who the @#!# is benell murray?

He plays for FDU. He wears the #10. He was the one constantly jawing and whining and cursing (!) at the refs. He was also “airball.”

who the @#!# is benell murray?
Remember the guy that kind of drunkenly wandered over to Lutz during the stoppage and Bobby patted him on the rump and told him to GTFO of his way?

yes, “airball” would have been sufficient.

nah nah he was also having probelms with number 20 as well.

They started getting into it at the end of the game - after the brief argument and the yelling at the refs by bobby to straighten the kid out, he kept looking at bobby and making obnoxious gestures

That kid was one of the most obnoxious players we’ve ever had in Halton, and that’s saying something.

I was wondering the same thing. Y’all were getting into his head I think. And that [I]was[/I] a cupcake on his arm?

It wasn’t actually a cupcake, but we couldn’t figure out what it WAS. He was also wearing NBA socks, which we found pretty hilarious.

i think they were wrist bands he put on his ankles. not way his socks were that thick.

i think the kid was just suffering from a bad case of roid rage

That kid was one of the most obnoxious players we've ever had in Halton, and that's saying something.

He was pretty bad. I swear to you I heard him call one of the refs a “motherf-er” under his breath as he walked by.

He was pretty bad. I swear to you I heard him call one of the refs a "motherf-er" under his breath as he walked by.

It was lame when you guys were calling him cupcake though, his tattoo was a crown, I tried to tell you. He and Bobby weren’t talking about anything spectacular, just the normal stuff that people talk about in games when that sort of thing happens. To me the most obnoxious of them all was that #33 who was like, “You’re just fans.” If I were you, my response would have been, “Yeah, well you don’t have any.”

It was lame when you guys were calling him cupcake though, his tattoo was a crown, I tried to tell you. He and Bobby weren't talking about anything spectacular, just the normal stuff that people talk about in games when that sort of thing happens. To me the most obnoxious of them all was that #33 who was like, "You're just fans." If I were you, my response would have been, "Yeah, well you don't have any."

I don’t actually know who you are, but next time feel free to come up to me in person to share relevant tattoo information. I would have kept calling him cupcake anyway though, because it was fun. It doesn’t really matter WHAT you call them, as long as it’s not classless and you keep doing it over and over. The point is to annoy them, not that Benell was difficult to rankle.

I didn’t get a chance to reply to #33 because there were too many other people shouting, but I was trying to tell him that his status as a college basketball player for Fairleigh Dickinson did not afford him a higher status in life than mine, and, in fact, an argument could be made that it affords him a lower one. I don’t think “You don’t have any,” is a good response, because I’m sure there are a handful of very dedicated FDU fans and OUR fans weren’t exactly out in full force. In the end though, he’s not as obnoxious as Benell in my opinion.