Benjamin Lemay-2016 RB (Verbal)

Verbal per Niner Report.

https://twitter.com/CharlotteRivals

Butler (NC) RB Benjamin Lemay @32Youngbull has verbally committed to #Charlotte49ers. @rivals @ncpreps #StateofCharlotte

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/171519/benjamin-lemay

3* RB from Butler, Uriah’s brother. ESPN JR Top 300.Huge get!

Pray this sticks.

Having his brother on the team will only help this verbal stick. This is a huge get. Welcome Benjamin.

Great get if we’re able to keep him. Have to imagine he’ll have plenty of suitors.

Glad to have his commitment, but a year IS a long time.

The story on our Rivals site makes me feel really good about him as a person and that it is a solid commitment. The reasons he decided on Charlotte are clear.

You have a link to this?

It’s free.

Story in the Observer tomorrow.

This could be a great commit if it does stick. The rivals report sounds pretty encouraging that it will stick since he has a close knit family and wants to play in front of them.

I feel really good about this commit. We offered Uriah a second chance, and it seems to have had a significant impact on his family.

I love that if he plays as a freshman barring injury, we have feature backs through 2019 (2020 if he red shirts).

[quote=“MikeNiner11, post:11, topic:29435”]

I feel really good about this commit. We offered Uriah a second chance, and it seems to have had a significant impact on his family.[/quote]

Well seeing this does make me feel better about keeping him.

That is a great pic, and not just because of the gold 49ers logo :). He is the type of person that could bring more players of his quality here (like Barden). It’s awesome to see someone like him stay home (we’re hoping), despite all the power conference interest. Welcome to Niner Nation Benjamin!

Welcome to Charlotte!

Like that one of our first 2016 recruits is a 3 star.

Not really related, but it seems that all of our recent recruits have been photgraphed with the black helmet and jersey. I wonder if that means those unis are going to be featured more often this coming season.

clt likes this kid. Great quotes and seems humble.

[quote=“MikeNiner11, post:17, topic:29435”]Not really related, but it seems that all of our recent recruits have been photgraphed with the black helmet and jersey. I wonder if that means those unis are going to be featured more often this coming season.[/quote]I hope so. I love those uniforms (except for the tacky logo)

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:13, topic:29435”][quote=“MikeNiner11, post:11, topic:29435”]

I feel really good about this commit. We offered Uriah a second chance, and it seems to have had a significant impact on his family.[/quote]

Well seeing this does make me feel better about keeping him.[/quote]

good-looking bunch!