Benny Moss

Today when i was walking out of my class at fretwell at 12, I saw assistant coach Benny Moss standing outside yelling “Tickets! Tickets! Get your tickets for the St. Louis game. Free tickets!! Anyone need tickets for saturdays game.” And people were walking by like “tickets for what?” Some had looks like he was a salvation army guy, walking away and ducking from him. Its just sad when 1. people don’t know we have a game 2. we have to have our asisstant coach go out and give people tickets when they can get free tickets from the ticket office.

Although I do want to thank Benny for doing what hes doing and trying to get people out…

but that won’t spoil my hype for the game…LET’S GO NINERS!!!

That is pretty sad.
Oh well, a few more wins and that place will be packed. I hope we crush the Billikens, they are way overdue for a spanking.

Ol’ Benny…I used to have his picture from an old media guide hanging up above my office at school. I was always like “Who was this guy?” not knowing his history and what not. Thanks for watching over all those deadlines, Benny. :wink:

Benny Moss is a personal friend of mine. Anyone that insults him will feel my wrath. BTW, he’s the only man to EVER beat me at a game of H-O-R-S-E.

And BTW, don’t any keyboard jockies out there get cocky. We didn’t play it the normal way. All shots had to be taken from beyond the arc and it if hit the rim, it counted as a miss. If we didn’t play it like that, we would have been there all night. If you think I’m being cocky, you’re right and I can still back it up. If you think I’m lying, ask Benny about it the next time you see him.

At least Benny is trying, I’ll give him credit for that.

My feeling is that the people who want to be there will show up and I don’t worry about the rest. You can’t bring them in at gun point. What good does that really do?

I pretty much agree…but sometimes a couple of friends might be walking by the tower and be like…“hey, i didn’t know there was a game…i’m not doing shit…wanna go?”…and maybe they’ll end up loving it.

In other words Hootie… YOU ARE STILL BENNY MOSS’s B*TCH. :o

Did East Surry have a basketball team while you were there?

I will put $100.00 on my man Hootie Pole at any 3 point shooting contest during time outs of any home game. I will put $200.00 on him if he gets to talk to you for at least 15 minutes before you go out and they play LL Cool J during the contest.
DON’T CALL IT A COMEBACK…
(The following bet will only be paid if Hootie is determined to not be drunk at the time of the contest.)

You in town for St. Louis?

Wait, Hootie, you’re a East Surry grad … hell, we’ve practically got the old Northwest 2A represented between me (Starmount) and Powerbait (Forbush) …

We were 3A at the time, I’m old. And for the record Dawg, the rapping part of my past is one that I would rather forget. And don’t count on that not being drunk part. I’m married, old and fat. Please don’t take booze from me, I have so little.

No, not making SLU. One of my wife’s friends is leaving her old man and I’m rooked into moving her. But, you know me, she’s hot so I’m looking for an angle.

I might be going to Memphis for the tourney, probably the last time it will be within hailing distance for a while. You thinking about going, if so let’s talk.

Powerbait, please tell me you’re not kin to any Matthews, Whitley’s or Wootens. If so, I may hav to kiss next time I see you. My boys from SCC in Dobson.

Hmmm… where does South Stokes fit into this? Oh yeah, we are all partial rednecks and people do not realize it till you p*ss us off and it just comes out. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ride into Starmount sung to the words of ridin the storm out by REO Speedwagon. WOW I am old.

BigTime and I are discussing the tourney in Memphis. Will try to make it happen. I 'll catch up to you at one of the games. The old Ms.Craddock is attending one of the games with me as soon as she gets clearence from the tower. I will let you know.

[i]Originally posted by hootie[/i]@Jan 14 2005, 11:56 PM [b] One of my wife's friends is leaving her old man and I'm rooked into moving her. But, you know me, she's hot so I'm looking for an angle. [/b]
If she's hot, post some photos of her in the Golddusters thread. Norman is beginning to have a hard time finding quality photos.
[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Jan 14 2005, 08:09 PM [b] At least Benny is trying, I'll give him credit for that.

My feeling is that the people who want to be there will show up and I don’t worry about the rest. You can’t bring them in at gun point. What good does that really do? [/b]

Well said PI. I couldn’t agree more. There should be a box to check on the student application form IMO.

[i]Originally posted by HomeinHalton[/i]@Jan 14 2005, 09:57 PM [b] Wait, Hootie, you're a East Surry grad ... hell, we've practically got the old Northwest 2A represented between me (Starmount) and Powerbait (Forbush) ... [/b]
I went to "tha Bush" my Freshman and Sophmore years ('93 & '94), moved to the Southern Pines area for my Junior & Senior years and left the day I graduated. Hated that area (sorry SP in da house - you can have it!! :D )

Wed night Forbush got to lace them up against the Oak Hill gold team @ Mt. Airy while Mt. Airy played the Oak Hill red team (Oak Hill’s not as good varsity team). Oak Hill red beat Mt. Airy by about 35 and Forbush was down by about 45 - 10 at the half. A friend of mine went to the game to watch the Oak Hill red team (her brother is the head coach of the red team) and she was telling me about it. Hated I couldn’t go but a newborn changes things.

[i]Originally posted by EJNiner+Jan 15 2005, 10:11 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (EJNiner @ Jan 15 2005, 10:11 AM)
[b]charlotte49ers.com: Coupons for 2 for 1 tickets for SLU

Sure wish this would have made the Observer this morning. [/b]

The school needs to put this ad in the paperwork for the double effect- promote the 2 for 1 and promote the game. How much would that cost the school?

Do you need a printout/coupon for the deal?