Best Fan Sections

From my view in 104 I’d have to say that the students in 128 were by far the best. 124 would be 2nd.

Not sure if all the die hard students had planned on hitting 128 first but they were definitely generating the most energy in the stadium.

I’d love to see some comments from the students on the other side of the stadium regarding their perceptions of the FSL side. I felt like there was plenty of energy from the FSL side but I was a little disappointed that there wasn’t more standing and yelling on defensive third downs. Hope we can also get better particpation in the “Forty-Niner” chants back and forth across the stadium.

It was great to see the entire stadium standing for at least the first defensive and offensive possessions.

As we look to see how the team develops it will be interesting to see how we develop as a fan base.

The Forty-Niners Chant def needs some work. No side knows what they’re supposed to be yelling and the timing is off. All it would take is a cheerleader in front of each section with a cue card.

I think the cheerleaders will be critical here, to assist in coordination. They just need to get their sealegs. It would also be helpful if/when they figure out the stadium audio situation it’s too low to be helpful.

The heat and the fact that it was a blowout just sapped everyone of the positive energy.

Bingo. They would do well to react to the crowd’s desire to start the chant and not just do it when they want to do it.

We managed a wave at the spring game. Wondering what happened yesterday? Section 101 seemed to have a good start and by the time it made it to 104 it was fading and the gold section totally killed it.

On a positive note: the cheers when the rain started pouring.

The wave is an insult to the players and the game. No place for the wave during a game at all.

Yes, I was happy to see the rowdy student section shut down the embarrassment that is the wave. Hopefully they will act as a seawall every game to keep the waves out.

Can’t say I blame students for leaving and not being quite so rowdy. I stayed the whole time, and it was absolutely incredible, but that side of the stadium is miserable with the sun right in your face. I know the heat was bad for everyone, but it was another world of awful on the student side. I don’t know about y’alls side, but our bleachers got so hot that it was much easier to stand than sit. I was honestly worried that with our inexperienced tailgaters we might have medical issues. I’m thankful today there were none, at least none significant enough to become widespread knowledge.

I cannot wait to get my tickets on the home side when I graduate.

Agree 100%

True that. What’s worse is that I think it got started while we had the ball. That just screams fan amateur hour.

We definitely need some major work on the chants, hopefully next week we’ll be better in this area. I also agree on the 3rd downs we need to make more noise.

We’re putting faith in and relying on our cheerleading squad to improve the game day atmosphere in JRS.

Gentlemen, we’re fooked.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:12, topic:28199”]We’re putting faith in and relying on our cheerleading squad to improve the game day atmosphere in JRS.

Gentlemen, we’re fooked.[/quote]

There’s no other option. Nobody can control 15000 people other than the scoreboard and some cheerleaders, just like everywhere else. This is a good thing, but it’s going to cause some people to take some responsibility they haven’t needed to take previously. No little group is going to be able to control the fans, and that’s exactly what we need to grow more fans.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:8, topic:28199”]Can’t say I blame students for leaving and not being quite so rowdy. I stayed the whole time, and it was absolutely incredible, but that side of the stadium is miserable with the sun right in your face. I know the heat was bad for everyone, but it was another world of awful on the student side. I don’t know about y’alls side, but our bleachers got so hot that it was much easier to stand than sit. I was honestly worried that with our inexperienced tailgaters we might have medical issues. I’m thankful today there were none, at least none significant enough to become widespread knowledge.

I cannot wait to get my tickets on the home side when I graduate.[/quote]

It wasn’t much different on most of the home side with the noon kickoff. There weren’t many/any shadows to be hiding under on the home side either until near the end. It was brutal until the 3rd Quarter shower that cooled everyone off, and only a few times did I feel any breeze. Was worried about my little ones before the rain, but kept giving them cool drinks and they hung in there. It didn’t bother me that much, but they were going to have to wheel me out on a stretcher before I missed any of that game.

[quote=“X-49er, post:14, topic:28199”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:8, topic:28199”]Can’t say I blame students for leaving and not being quite so rowdy. I stayed the whole time, and it was absolutely incredible, but that side of the stadium is miserable with the sun right in your face. I know the heat was bad for everyone, but it was another world of awful on the student side. I don’t know about y’alls side, but our bleachers got so hot that it was much easier to stand than sit. I was honestly worried that with our inexperienced tailgaters we might have medical issues. I’m thankful today there were none, at least none significant enough to become widespread knowledge.

It wasn’t much different on most of the home side with the noon kickoff. There weren’t many/any shadows to be hiding under on the home side either until near the end. It was brutal until the 3rd Quarter shower that cooled everyone off, and only a few times did I feel any breeze. Was worried about my little ones before the rain, but kept giving them cool drinks and they hung in there. It didn’t bother me that much, but they were going to have to wheel me out on a stretcher before I missed any of that game.[/quote]
[font=Verdana]Everyone laughed at me when I suggested it before, but having misters in the concourse would have helped immensely.[/font]

[quote=“emf, post:15, topic:28199”][quote=“X-49er, post:14, topic:28199”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:8, topic:28199”]Can’t say I blame students for leaving and not being quite so rowdy. I stayed the whole time, and it was absolutely incredible, but that side of the stadium is miserable with the sun right in your face. I know the heat was bad for everyone, but it was another world of awful on the student side. I don’t know about y’alls side, but our bleachers got so hot that it was much easier to stand than sit. I was honestly worried that with our inexperienced tailgaters we might have medical issues. I’m thankful today there were none, at least none significant enough to become widespread knowledge.

It wasn’t much different on most of the home side with the noon kickoff. There weren’t many/any shadows to be hiding under on the home side either until near the end. It was brutal until the 3rd Quarter shower that cooled everyone off, and only a few times did I feel any breeze. Was worried about my little ones before the rain, but kept giving them cool drinks and they hung in there. It didn’t bother me that much, but they were going to have to wheel me out on a stretcher before I missed any of that game.[/quote]
[font=verdana]Everyone laughed at me when I suggested it before, but having misters in the concourse would have helped immensely.[/font][/quote]

There would have been a long line at them on Saturday.

And for the Chowan game, the forecast looks the same:

[b]Saturday[/b] A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 84. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

104 is an awesome spot.

I have Norester down from me, HighFlyer the row above me, and THE Jim Duncn the row in front of me. Pretty good atmosphere for an alumni section. Any section that I am forced to stand and is okay when I fall into them after Hogan’s touchdown is a great one.

[quote=“ninerID, post:17, topic:28199”]104 is an awesome spot.

I have Norester down from me, HighFlyer the row above me, and THE Jim Duncn the row in front of me. Pretty good atmosphere for an alumni section. Any section that I am forced to stand and is okay when I fall into them after Hogan’s touchdown is a great one.[/quote]

AlNiner is in 104 as well. I am in 103, but got 2 of AlNiner’s seats in 104 for several games as well (for family). 104 and 103 are both good.

I’m in 104 as well. High fived a few people I didn’t know during the game. Hope to get to know people as the season progresses.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:12, topic:28199”]We’re putting faith in and relying on our cheerleading squad to improve the game day atmosphere in JRS.

Gentlemen, we’re fooked.[/quote]

/action sighs