Best Restaurants in Charlotte

Del Frisco’s is killer, The Palm is damn good as well

Showmars

How much do you want to spend?

The McNinch House in 4th Ward is very elegant with seven course meals and the menu is wonderful.

from the website:
At the beginning of each week, our chef will set a list of 6-8 entrees to prepare. For those who have reservations with us that week, we communicate these entrees via e-mail or fax. The list is then circulated amongst their guests, everyone pre-selects their entree, then replies back to us with their choices.

A dinner for two with wine and drinks will run you somewhere north of 3 bills.

How much do you want to spend?

The McNinch House in 4th Ward is very elegant with seven course meals and the menu is wonderful.

from the website:
At the beginning of each week, our chef will set a list of 6-8 entrees to prepare. For those who have reservations with us that week, we communicate these entrees via e-mail or fax. The list is then circulated amongst their guests, everyone pre-selects their entree, then replies back to us with their choices.

A dinner for two with wine and drinks will run you somewhere north of 3 bills.

I must say that looks incredible.

Waffle House is good after a night of drinking.

Big Daddy’s Burger Bar off of East Blvd has the best burgers in town. A little pricey but worth it to me.

I’m a steak guy … so for me it’s hands down Ruth’s Chris. I will say this, Del Frisco’s is a good steak as well. If you like your steaks broiled, definitely hit Ruth’s Chris, if you prefer it grilled, Sullivan’s is nice.

If you’re a big wine guy, Del Frisco’s has something like a 1000 bottle selection. Much better than the aforementioned places.

Either way, enjoy … and do let us know what you pick.

Ranch House on Wilkinson. Great steaks. Great atmosphere. A Charlotte tradition for decades. It’s like stepping into a time warp when you go in there.

They make their own cocktail sauce for the shrimp and it’s great. Super spicy.

Villa Antonio’s is a terrific place just off South Blvd. Great anniversary place.

Ranch House on Wilkinson. Great steaks. Great atmosphere. A Charlotte tradition for decades. It's like stepping into a time warp when you go in there.

They make their own cocktail sauce for the shrimp and it’s great. Super spicy.

Definitely agree about the Ranch House. Shrimp cocktail is a must.

Barrington’s, Bonterra, Blue, Upstream, Zebra are all winners for special occasions. Hell, if you want to seal the deal then drive up to Asheville to The Grove Park.

[QUOTE=AVLNiner;415894]Definitely agree about the Ranch House. Shrimp cocktail is a must.[/QUOTE]

It has changed hands over time but the store remains the same. Best/least expensive surf and turf from my experiences. You have to try the house roquefort salad dressing (I assume its the same though).

[QUOTE=KissMyAxe;415898]It has changed hands over time but the store remains the same. Best/least expensive surf and turf from my experiences. You have to try the house roquefort salad dressing (I assume its the same though).[/QUOTE]

It hasn’t really changed hands. Glenn Wilson owns it now, and I think his uncle started the place. So it’s been in the family all along.

Barrington's, Bonterra, Blue, Upstream, Zebra are all winners for special occasions. Hell, if you want to seal the deal then drive up to Asheville to The Grove Park.

Sunset Terrace at the Grove Park has a great deal right now-3 course meal for $30. We went a few months ago and were very pleased. Outstanding views of the Blue Ridge and downtown Asheville…

It would be about a 2 hour drive but it sounds like you’re looking to stay in Charlotte.

[QUOTE=Sideshow;415903]It hasn’t really changed hands. Glenn Wilson owns it now, and I think his uncle started the place. So it’s been in the family all along.[/QUOTE]

Probably explains the cocktail sauce staying spicy

Waffle House is good after a night of drinking.

I think you mean “drankin”

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;415964]I think you mean “drankin”[/QUOTE]

I also think he meant to add …“with a high probability of being caught up in a shooting and or robbery”

No fried smothered and covered is worth that sh!t.

If you want to be creative and are looking for a more down-to-earth atmosphere, go to Alexander Michael’s in 4th Ward. I love that place.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. We looked at various websites and decided to go to Del Friscos because of the wine selection. Plus, I am also a big steak house guy. The Bentley’s place looked cool too so it was kind of a tossup.

Big Daddy's Burger Bar off of East Blvd has the best burgers in town. A little pricey but worth it to me.

A lot of ppl like this place but I went there and it was nothing special.