BET.com Ranks Charlotte as "Best City"

[URL=http://www.bet.com/Site+Management/Packages/BESTCITIESMARYCHAPMAN.htm?Page=2]http://www.bet.com/Site+Management/Packages/BESTCITIESMARYCHAPMAN.htm?Page=2[/URL]

interesting…

I just find it interesting that if I were to do a story for the best cities for whites to live in I would be branded a racist. I wonder where Atlanta was on the list? Almost every African American I speak with thinks that city is the best place to be.

Charlotte does, however, have inordinately high Black AIDS and teen pregnancy rates, and the crime rate is higher than average.

Glad I wrap it up…

I wonder if this has anyhting to do with the [I]bob[/I]cats being here…

I just find it interesting that if I were to do a story for the best cities for whites to live in I would be branded a racist. I wonder where Atlanta was on the list? Almost every African American I speak with thinks that city is the best place to be.
I totally hear ya on that one. Their ancestors had to deal with racism, now we have to deal with reverse racism.

When you are drastically negatively affected by affirmative action, your view on this matter really changes.:ticked:

[QUOTE=49or bust;238768]I totally hear ya on that one. Their ancestors had to deal with racism, now we have to deal with reverse racism.

When you are drastically negatively affected by affirmative action, your view on this matter really changes.:ticked:[/QUOTE]

How is this an example of reverse racism? How is this study disenfranchising you in any way?

There are studys done like this all the time…for all shapes…races…and sexes.

It wouldnt make sense for there to be a study on the best place for whites to live…being as how whites are far and away the largest race in America. This seems like a non issue to me.

I hate affirmative action… and im not even white…

How is this an example of reverse racism? How is this study disenfranchising you in any way?

It wouldnt make sense for there to be a study on the best place for whites to live…being as how whites are far and away the largest race in America. This seems like a non issue to me.

I think he means more like ‘if there was a best place for white people to live’ study… or even like ‘white entertainment television’.

I didn’t say it was. I just said ‘we whites have to deal with reverse racism now and it sucks’, in response to what WB said.

I think he means more like 'if there was a best place for white people to live' study... or even like 'white entertainment television'.
Exactly. Where is WET? Oh thats right. We don't get one. We already have ABC, CBS, yadda, yadda, yadda... BS. I hate all those stations. Two wrongs DO NOT make a right, people.

[QUOTE=49or bust;238775]I didn’t say it was. I just said ‘we whites have to deal with reverse racism now and it sucks’, in response to what WB said.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it happens here at work on a regular basis. People here are regularly promoted based on the gender, race and sexual orientation, not on their performance.

And I was just pointing out that in our society the dominate group can not create anything exclusive to itself, but a subordinate group is lauded for being united when they do the same thing. Black Entertainment TV is ok, White Entertainment TV would be racially insensative. The dominate group is force to be inclusive, but the subordinate group is allowed to be exclusive.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;238774]… or even like ‘white entertainment television’.[/QUOTE]

That would be called CMT…

seriously…the whole reverse racism bit is a bit overplayed…and impossible to prove. I have lived as a white male my entire life and can honestly say that my race has never hindered me in any form or fashion. The same can be said for every white person I know. I just dont get the whole "reverse racism’ bit

LoL Now that I think about it, WET = CMT… But its not called "white’… so I guess its not exactly the same hting

Yeah it happens here at work on a regular basis. People here are regularly promoted based on the gender, race and sexual orientation, not on their performance.
I cannot WAIT to get out in the world. Boy am I not going to make it if that is standard practice. Actually working at Autobell on N. Tryon right by downtown has already gotten me headed in the wrong direction. I don't know how much more I can take.

[QUOTE=casstommy;238778]That would be called CMT…

seriously…the whole reverse racism bit is a bit overplayed…and impossible to prove. I have lived as a white male my entire life and can honestly say that my race has never hindered me in any form or fashion. The same can be said for every white person I know. I just dont get the whole "reverse racism’ bit[/QUOTE]

Come on over to Wachovia and you can see it in action…

That would be called CMT.....

seriously…the whole reverse racism bit is a bit overplayed…and impossible to prove. I have lived as a white male my entire life and can honestly say that my race has never hindered me in any form or fashion. The same can be said for every white person I know. I just dont get the whole "reverse racism’ bit

I dunno man, if you made a WET, and it was all about white pride and white power etc etc… wouldnt that sound racist?

And as a minority, I will say that reverse racism is SOOOOOO stupid… its taking advantage of a bad situation like racism.

seriously...the whole reverse racism bit is a bit overplayed...and impossible to prove. I have lived as a white male my entire life and can honestly say that my race has never hindered me in any form or fashion. The same can be said for every white person I know. I just dont get the whole "reverse racism' bit
Haha well if you want to count me as someone you "know" then yes, a white person you know has been negatively affected by reverse racism and can prove it. I am 100% confident of this. And I'm only 21 too...
LoL Now that I think about it, WET = CMT... But its not called "white'... so I guess its not exactly the same hting
No way. I hate CMT worse than ABC, CBS, etc. That is redneck or hick TV. Not white TV.
I dunno man, if you made a WET, and it was all about white pride and white power etc etc... wouldnt that sound racist?
Where did that come from? No one said anything about a White POWER Entertainment TV Network. Just a white version of BET. Iono, I don't really want it, just sayin. It's jacked up.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;238783]I dunno man, if you made a WET, and it was all about white pride and white power etc etc… wouldnt that sound racist?

And as a minority, I will say that reverse racism is SOOOOOO stupid… its taking advantage of a bad situation like racism.[/QUOTE]

It doesnt matter if it has the word white/black/Hispanic/Jewish in the name…its what the stations cater to.

Is telemundo racists? What about EWTN (the catholic channel)…is it wrong to have an entire channel dedicated to one issue/race/sex. How about WE and the Oxygen Channel?

You would have to admit that most channels cater to a select racial demographic. You can not honestly say that CMT is being targeted at the black community…no matter if they have the word “white” in their name or not. BET is absolutely no different.