Bids, Seeds & Football

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Seeding is everything in the NIT. Last year [B]all[/B] one seeds ended up in NYC partly because they played all NIT home games. Why do most (8 of 12) BCS football schools obtain NIT upgraded seeds and most (13 of 20) non-BCS schools get downgraded seeds? [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][COLOR=red]No non-BCS school received an improved seed in the ’08 NIT[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=red]. [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Is a RPI worth more if it belongs to a BCS football school? [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]The two highest RPI’s (57 UK, 58 UO) in the NCAA tournament are BCS football schools and the two lowest RPI’s (31 ISU, 33 UD) not to get bids are non-BCS football. One BCS school (Miss State) received a bid by winning only a 30% of its games vs. top 100 RPI’s.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]BCS football will enhance postseason basketball success with improved selection odds and better seeding. I believe this is a compelling reason to strongly support BCS football for UNCC. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Ass Hole;306378]I believe this is a compelling reason to strongly support BCS football for UNCC.[/QUOTE]

But … the honorable William Friday and Dick Spangler told us that we don’t need football. ‘That’s why we have NC State and Chapel Hill.’

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman] I believe this is a compelling reason to strongly support BCS football for [B]Charlotte[/B].[/FONT][/SIZE]

fixed