BIG BIG WIN

GREAT EFFORT

F###ing HUGE. Two or three more “good” wins and we can take MD’s advice and chill.

Let’s don’t ge too cocky-SLU coming in saturday, let’s take care of these clowns in the first ten minutes and coast for a change.

Huge win on so many levels.

-Road win counts for so much more in the RPI this year.

-Road win over a Top 50 RPI team.

-Win over a team that we might fight for conference and NCAA bids with

-Ends their 16 game homecourt winning streak

-Different players step up each game to make a difference.

Predictions on what this will do for our RPI?

[i]Originally posted by MKNiner[/i]@Jan 12 2005, 11:55 PM [b] Predictions on what this will do for our RPI? [/b]
write this down....Moss guarantees it will get better B)
[i]Originally posted by Smoothieking[/i]@Jan 12 2005, 10:52 PM [b] Huge win on so many levels.

-Road win counts for so much more in the RPI this year.

-Road win over a Top 50 RPI team.

-Win over a team that we might fight for conference and NCAA bids with

-Ends their 16 game homecourt winning streak

-Different players step up each game to make a difference. [/b]

-UAB Hickler will leave us alone for a while.

I think our RPI could jump 15+

Remember we get a 200+ RPI team at home saturday, this win was big, but RPI wise the St. Louis game is absolutely horrible for us. Will be interesting to see how it balances out.

Definitely a big road win for us and should give us a nice confidence boost for a tough stretch coming up. I feel better about this team now that I did prior to this game but I still think we need to play better defense.

Nance and Mitch were great tonight and that one dunk Nance had was nasty!

It should be a big jump by virtue of a win against UAB’s 12-3 record but our opponents have gone a collective 80-100 .444 (68-96 .414 before tonight). If our cupcakes don’t all lose tonight, I’d say we crack 100. Then again, I might be smoking crack.

Don’t bank those road wins yet come Selection Sunday. As far as the home/road factor goes with the RPI, we are hurtin’ puppies despite being 5-0 on the road. Our two home losses kill us when compared to only three true road wins.

We have 4 true road home wins and two on neutral court. Thats pretty impressive…in fact, I’d venture to say there arent 10 NCAA teams with more than that. And if they are, they cant beat our winning %age :stuck_out_tongue:

That is our 1st win inside the top 100 rpi, so lets not get too carried away. We need more of those for sure.

PI, you may be right, but tonight the glass is 3/4 full! Go Niners!