Big Game; RPIs Depaul 31, Charlotte 32

RPI

This mornings RPI, Depaul 31, Charlotte 32. One stat that sticks out is they are only 4-4 on the road.

Has anyone seen them play this year ? On paper they seem to have a similar style to us, in that case we usually match up well against those type of teams. Coach said in his post game show he is worried about their big PG, we don’t match up well against big PG’s.

Anyone have a scouting report on them ?

[i]Originally posted by amnesiac[/i]@Feb 13 2005, 12:20 PM [b] [url=http://kenpom.com/rpi.php]RPI[/url]

This mornings RPI, Depaul 31, Charlotte 32. One stat that sticks out is they are only 4-4 on the road.

Has anyone seen them play this year ? On paper they seem to have a similar style to us, in that case we usually match up well against those type of teams. Coach said in his post game show he is worried about their big PG, we don’t match up well against big PG’s.

Anyone have a scouting report on them ? [/b]

Meijia is big and good.

He was kicked off the team or suspended earlier this eason and is back now. I don’t think they’ve lost since he came back.

CBS sportsline has us at 30 and Depaul at 31

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/polls/rpi/index1

I’ve seen them play several times this year…very disciplined team and well coached…we need a BIG crowd on Wed.

Coach’s matchup comments, from last nights past game, have me a little worried.

But I watched a lot of yesterday’s DePaul/Cincy game and the Bearcats seemed to show the effects of playing late on Thursday night.

Interesting comments from Huggins in today’s Cinci paper

“But I do think I need to say this,” he continued. "And this has not a thing to do with DePaul because they were very, very good and they’re a very good team. …To have us play two weeks in a row a team that’s had a full week off when we play Thursday night at 9 o’clock and then come back and play Saturday afternoon, or when we play Louisville Wednesday night and come back and play Saturday (at Charlotte) is ridiculous. It’s totally ridiculous.

Huggins won’t have to worry about such a turnaround next year when UC goes to the Big East, which has a rule that prevents one team from having an entire week off if its opponent has to play during that week.

[i]Originally posted by SilvioDante[/i]@Feb 13 2005, 11:37 AM [b] to have us play two weeks in a row a team that's had a full week off when we play Thursday night at 9 o'clock and then come back and play Saturday afternoon, or when we play Louisville Wednesday night and come back and play Saturday (at Charlotte) is ridiculous. It's totally ridiculous.

[/b]

Hey Huggins, that’s pretty much what you can expect in the CUSA and NCAA Tournament so get used to it and quit whining.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er+Feb 13 2005, 12:11 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (jcl49er @ Feb 13 2005, 12:11 PM)

Hey Huggins, just wait til next season when you play at the Carrier Dome SAturday night, then in Stoors for Big Monday against Uconn.

Besides West Virginia, and next year South Florida, there are no gimmees in the Big East, especially on the road. NO Tulane, ECU, or Southern Miss.

Have fun.

Huggins has gotten every break in the past with scheduling. However, he played some part in scheduling the Xavier game for Thursday night, although I’m sure TV played a role too.

It’s the nature of the beast, $$$ rule.

[i]Originally posted by Mike Niner Hunt[/i]@Feb 13 2005, 12:24 PM [b] Besides West Virginia, and next year South Florida, there are no gimmees in the Big East, especially on the road. [/b]
I think you can add Providence, Rutgers, Seton Hall, and St. John's to that list as well...

Change in the RPI this morning, both teams moved up one, DePaul #30, Charlotte #31.

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Feb 14 2005, 10:06 AM [b] I think you can add Providence, Rutgers, Seton Hall, and St. John's to that list as well... [/b]
Not so fast my friend.

Providence is winless in the Big East, but only lost by more than 8 once. All of those schools would be at least close to .500 in CUSA this year. Tulane or USM wouldn’t stand a chance.