Big South wants Charlotte badly

Thisā€¦

As long as weā€™re allowed to play football in the Big South without having to sign a bunch of OOC series with their basketball teams, then Iā€™m for it.

My gut says weā€™re CAA bound.

Thisā€¦[/quote]

This is exactly how I feel too.

We pretty much already do this.

Sometimes they do, usually as a result of alcohol or money.

Another positive about this is it could increase demand for our product and give us some leverage and bargaining power with other conferences.

[quote=ā€œMr. Bojangles, post:12, topic:24249ā€]I recently found out that the Big South headquarters are located here in Charlotte.

[size=4][font=trebuchet ms]Big South Conference
[/font][/size]
7233 Pineville-Matthews Road, Suite 100
Charlotte, N.C. 28226[/quote]
And who was it that informed you of this?

Itā€™s good to have options. Iā€™ve talked to some MEAC fans that even want us, despite that we arenā€™t an HBCU.

Great bargaining chip too. CAA schools with long range FBS aspirations would be shooting themselves in the foot by not trying to work a deal with us.

Coastal has a big recruiting advantage with their location. At the FCS level, it helps a lot to be able to use the beach to sell your program. Iā€™m not sure there have been any other Big South schools with NFL talent.

Location-wise, the Big South will be good for our fans and give us two really nice road trips (which we already have scheduled as an Independent also). Competition-wise, the CAA would be best. I donā€™t expect the SoCon will take us as a football-only member, but that would be ideal from a location and competition standpoint.

Isnā€™t Stony Brook supposed to be leaving the Big South in a couple of years?

[quote=ā€œHP49er, post:26, topic:24249ā€][quote=ā€œMr. Bojangles, post:12, topic:24249ā€]I recently found out that the Big South headquarters are located here in Charlotte.

[font=trebuchet ms]Big South Conference
[/font]
7233 Pineville-Matthews Road, Suite 100
Charlotte, N.C. 28226[/quote]
And who was it that informed you of this?
[/quote]

[quote=ā€œJ Felt, post:22, topic:24249ā€]As long as weā€™re allowed to play football in the Big South without having to sign a bunch of OOC series with their basketball teams, then Iā€™m for it.

My gut says weā€™re CAA bound.[/quote]

They only thing I would accept is playing their defending conference champion every year, possibly final 2. But I would prefer no obligations to play SoCon teams.

We already play 3 Big South teams this year in hoops.

I find it interesting moving between NN.N and CAAZone and just how thereā€™s a complete cultural/perception difference between the two groups of fanbases. Night and Day differences. I donā€™t know if their ADs/U Pres have the same views as their fans but we know where Judy stands (publically at least). Theyā€™ll be no reaching common ground if they do share their fansā€™ views though.

Excellent point.

clt daps the observer for picking up this story first.

clt is glad he didnā€™t have to read this from a newspaper in another state.

f u mike p.

I am for FBS advancement first and foremost.

If we go CAA we may be required to add all sports to that conference and agree to stay FCS for a good amount of time. On the positive side, we would have fierce competition in football and could use this to bring in more fans and recruits.
If we go Big South or a similar conference we stand a better chance of winning more games and making the playoff. On the flip side, we might not be able to bring in the same kind of recruits/bigger games and that might relegate us to the small pond of FCS.

Iā€™m honestly not sure, but those are a few pros and cons I see in each conference. Iā€™m for whatever gets us the money, power, and respect.

Indy or CAA is betterā€¦if we think people in the area think weā€™re a D2 school now just wait until we join that league. ???

Indy or CAA is betterā€¦if we think people in the area think weā€™re a D2 school now just wait until we join that league. ???[/quote]

Those idiots wonā€™t know weā€™re D1 even we get into the Big East.

Its very hard to schedule games, thatā€™s why they created conferences in the first place. We have 3 choices:

CAA ALL sports
CAA football only
SoCon ALL sports
Big South football only

Rank them how you feel.

CAA Football only
CAA All Sports
Big South Football Only
SoCon All Sports

I wouldnā€™t have a problem moving CAA all sports if there was some sort of plan for the conference to explore a move to FBS within 10 years.

CAA Football only
Big South Football Only
CAA All Sports
SoCon All Sports

Whatever is going to get us to FBS the quickestā€¦