BIG WIN GUYS!!!!!!!!!!

What a game…Way to go Eddie and Curt!!!

They are willing us to victory!!!

As a footnote, Iti is DONE

Iti might not sniff the court the rest of the year.

He’ll play some, cause Nance is a foul machine. Otherwise, I’d agree with you.

I wasn’t able to go tonight because I had to attend a funeral…

What happened with Iti?

edit Or rather, what DIDN’T happen with him <_<

iti only played 5 minutes in the first half, then never took off his warm ups after that.

[i]Originally posted by Hollywood[/i]@Feb 16 2005, 09:25 PM [b] I wasn't able to go tonight because I had to attend a funeral...

What happened with Iti?

edit Or rather, what DIDN’T happen with him <_< [/b]

Nothing major (that I could hear).
He was ineffective early and got his 2nd foul maybe 10 mins in? 8 mins?
Sat on the bench the rest of the game…including the 2nd half.

Seems like if he gets involved early (couple rebounds, dunks or assists) he’ll do alright. If not, he goes sour quickly.

[i]Originally posted by tm49er[/i]@Feb 16 2005, 09:26 PM [b] iti only played 5 minutes in the first half, then never took off his warm ups after that. [/b]
Well, I guess there goes his "NBA career" :P

Lutz’s post game comments on Iti:
“Just my decision…[liked the matchups better with EJ or Curt out there]…he had a bad first half…go with EJ and Curt the majority of the game, but Nance earned his way out there…we need Martin. We’ll get him primed and ready for Tulane.”

I think there was little more to the Iti thing than coach brought up but right now I don’t care, we are officially tied for first in the conference

BIG WIN!!! …I’m lovin’ it!!!

Martin always dominates Tulane!!! :thumbsup:

[b]Basden was everywhere, forcing turnovers, fighting through screens, grabbing rebounds, driving the lane, shooting from the perimeter and slamming the ball home to finish fast breaks.

Backed by a raucous Halton Arena crowd, Charlotte had 18 offensive rebounds, four each from Withers and E.J. Drayton, to just 11 for DePaul. [/b]

Saw this in the writeup. Eddie is the man! So I’m guessing the crowd was pretty good??

Crowd was great!!! NN gives dap to all in attendance!!! :toast:

somebody please tell me what the hell dap is

Personally, I wouldn’t expect to see Iti’s playing time really increase from here on out. I think he’s been given a ton of opportunity to really step up and earn the minutes. But in my opinion, he hasn’t played well enough to be on the court anymore than he currently is. Yes, we need him and yes he’s had some good moments. But I think Bobby is starting to realize that we’re a better team with EJ/Nance getting more playing time and I agree. EJ is a better defender because he’s long and very athletic. I feel better with him on the court. Iti should get some more playing time at Tulane because they have a pretty big post player.

This was a monster win for us tonight against a very good team. We have to go take care of business Saturday, which would set up a another huge game against Memphis.

There were plenty no-shows tonight but the crowd was fantastic…very vocal on their feet more often than not. I expect it to be even better next Wednesday.

[b] What happened with Iti? [/b]

In his four or five minute night, Iti shoots the worst bank shot I’ve ever seen (if you’re gonna bank it at least hit the rim), then goes down court and gets boxed out for a rebound so he grabs the Depaul player right in front of the ref and blantantly shoves him about four feet away. As soon as that happened Bobby rightfully yanked Iti out of the game and I told my friend that I doubt he will see any more game time tonight. Bingo. A bad shot & a stupid foul gets you yelled at by Lutz if you’re a top level player, if you’re a fringe player it gets you pine time.

Great win over a top 50 tournament team… our RPI should climb a few places tomorrow. It was especially nice to see us gut out a win when our shots simply weren’t falling… we had a lot of good shots that rimmed and we also had a lot of trouble finishing around the basket. We won’t shoot that bad very often… I also thougt we played pretty good defense other than giving Deiner too may open looks.

In the postgame interview, coach said he almost started EJ instead if Iti.

[i]Originally posted by WastedNiner[/i]@Feb 16 2005, 10:12 PM [b]
[b] What happened with Iti? [/b]

In his four or five minute night, Iti shoots the worst bank shot I’ve ever seen (if you’re gonna bank it at least hit the rim), then goes down court and gets boxed out for a rebound so he grabs the Depaul player right in front of the ref and blantantly shoves him about four feet away. As soon as that happened Bobby rightfully yanked Iti out of the game and I told my friend that I doubt he will see any more game time tonight. Bingo. A bad shot & a stupid foul gets you yelled at by Lutz if you’re a top level player, if you’re a fringe player it gets you pine time. [/b]

not to mention he tried to pull up for a J

ITI TRIED TO PULL UP FOR A JUMPER!

what is this world coming to???!??!?!!?!?!?

[i]Originally posted by Savio+Feb 16 2005, 10:33 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Savio @ Feb 16 2005, 10:33 PM)
[i]Originally posted by Savio[/i]@Feb 16 2005, 10:33 PM [b] ITI TRIED TO PULL UP FOR A JUMPER! [/b]
...someone needs to go check the backboard for a dent after that shot.