Biggest Fantasy Busts

1. Stephen Davis
  2. Portis
  3. Barlow
  4. Santana Moss
  5. Chad Johnson

Hard to argue any of those, though I’d put Portis at the top.

Vick and Price should also make the list.

Maybe it’s just me, but I never expected much from Vick or Price. I think McNair and Hasselback have been the biggest QB busts of the season so far.

We’ll call Portis 1a. I couldn’t be happier that I passed him over for Alexander in the fourth pick.

Portis and McNair are the biggest two busts. L. Coles and C. Dillon also qualify.

I guess the Panthers DEF could be considered a bust too… they were on of the top 3 or 4 defenses drafted in most of my leagues and now most people have dropped them.

I had a feeling S. Davis wouldn’t reproduce his numbers from last year with the way Foster played in the playoffs last year.

I didn’t expect much out of Barlow either… you have to figure a team that is always losing won’t be running much.

What about the biggest surprises? Tiki Barber and Curtis Martin certainly qualify.

I’m going with Portis. I nearly peed my pants on draft day when he slipped down to me at #9 and he’s been a major disappointment with the exception of a game or two. Fred Taylor has been a pretty big bust too, regardless of injuries.

But I couldn’t be happier with getting C. Martin late in the draft. Very pleasant surprise and gets my nod for the best middle round steal of any draft.

I’m not too disappointed with Dillon actually. I drafted him and have gotten about what I expected out of a RB in that offense. He’s shown flashes but has certainly had some bad games as well. But I don’t think it’s his fault. He’s just a product of the new environment he’s in now at New England.

I drafted S. Davis with my first pick in one league. I am now 0-8 in that league as well. Ouch.

My biggest picks were C. Brown (in another league) from TEN - he’s been solid. And Andre Johnson is nearly winning all my games for me, that kid is a stud (and that league is weighted towards good WRs). Oh, and I picked up Leftwich with my 2nd to last pick. Gotta love that one.

[i]Originally posted by NovaNiner[/i]@Nov 5 2004, 09:57 AM [b] Maybe it's just me, but I never expected much from Vick or Price. I think McNair and Hasselback have been the biggest QB busts of the season so far.

We’ll call Portis 1a. I couldn’t be happier that I passed him over for Alexander in the fourth pick. [/b]

I drafted Hasselback with my 2nd pick in 2 different leagues. Thanks to my Rb’s in those leagues, I’m keeping my head above water.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Nov 5 2004, 12:40 PM [b] Fred Taylor has been a pretty big bust too, regardless of injuries. [/b]
Oh yeah, I forgot about fragile Fred. I think I drafted him in the second round and now he doesn't even start for me since I have Tiki and Droughns.

Oh, and Florida49er… Not sure if you have heard but Leftwich may be out for a while. :mellow:

I think when you talk about fantasy busts you have to break them up into the injured and non-injured categories to be fair. Here are mine:

Injured:

1. Stephen Davis - Looked like a world beater in the playoffs last year.
  2. Steve McNair - Those injuries aren’t as shakeable anymore.
  3. Travis Henry - No TD’s, and he lost his starting job.
  4. Kevin Jones - rookie has been hobbled and has not lived up to expectations yet.
  5. Quinton Griffin - After that first week I thought I had a superstar. The three weeks before he got hurt were bad, and then he lost his starting job and goes out for the year after a kick return.

Non-Injured:

1)Michael Vick - He’s been so Jekyl-N-Hyde it’s not funny, new offense or not.
2)Clinton Portis - A good RB in a running offense should be having a field day; he hasn’t.
3)Santana Moss - No TD’s this year
4)Amani Toomer - No TD’s this year
5)Koren Robinson - He looked to be budding late last season. Not anymore. Pass the stash.

imo to be a bust you have to have been a preseason consensus round1, round2, or round3 guy. vick, price, mcnair… shouldn’t fall in that category (although mcnair is definately a bust… vick is about what i expected… and price has sucked since he went to ATL, why anyone would rate him with any production is beyond me).

my BUSTS: Portis, FTaylor, D.Davis, Lewis (he was afterall suspended for 4 games which at the round 1 level is a significant chunk of production), Chad Johnson, R.Johnson, Dillon, Barlow, Davis, Henry (up for debate whether he was actually a 3rd round pick or not), Deuce (injuries, altho if he finishes strong he could move out of this category), Harrington, S.Moss, Staley (Bettis is the devilspawn for any Staley owners).

In my estimation thats 45% of the first 3 rounds!!! Insane.

Almost all RB’s, mainly cause the WR’s and QB’s that should have been picked in the first three rounds have generally produced above/at expectation (cpep, manning, mcnabb, moss, owens, ward). The RB’s in this general classification on the other hand have been as a group, more hit-miss than I can remember in the past 5 years. Definately a bad year for the “top RBs”.

As for the biggest surprises on the good side (and suspected rounds you got them):
–Anyone who doesn’t include Martin (4th) and Barber (4th) are just fooling themselves.
–Roy Williams (6-10th), sure he’s been a little hurt, but when out there, insane. He’s the next WR stud in the making.
–Clayton (late), what expectations, definately a find either late in the draft, or off the WW after week 1, and he’s continuing to produce.

But the biggest surprise bar none, has got to be Emmitt “Ancient” Smith. In the NN Yahoo league he’s the RB12, in my main league, he’s a top 10 RB (RB10). WOWZERS!!! You could have gotten him in the 2nd half of your draft, I got him in round 15 in my main league.

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Nov 5 2004, 12:53 PM [b] Oh, and Florida49er... Not sure if you have heard but Leftwich may be out for a while. :mellow: [/b]
Actually, they upgraded his condition. Was looking bleak a few days ago when they said he'd have to have surgery and would miss 4-6 weeks. No surgery needed now and they say there's a good chance he'll play after their week 9 bye week.

I certainly hope so because I was able to trade Carson Palmer/Reggie Wayne for Leftwich/Koren Robinson several weeks ago. I needed a backup to Trent (considered Byron a backup to him at the time) and this guy desperately needed a WR. Both his QB’s had same bye week as well so I was able to dump Palmer. Wayne was doing well at the time and I had Moss, Moulds, Driver and Fitzgerald to fall back on anyway. Koren/Palmer was a wash but I’m thrilled with the Leftwich pickup. Just need him to be back to health soon. Trent has done well for me though.

Moss is killing me now!! Needs to get that hammy back in shape but it’s not looking good for the next few weeks. I snagged Nate off free agency though and expect him to post some good numbers in Randy’s absence.