Board of Trustees Contact Info

Since there’s a lot of talk about which way the BOT vote will go next week, I hope everyone can take 10 minutes to send an email to them to show your support. I would recommend sending it to the members individually, and it doesn’t have to be a long novel - just let them know how you would support a new football program. I’ve received several replies from the members thanking me for letting them know, and that they will use feedback like this in their decision.

Here are the email addresses that are available via the University website, and the addresses that were not kicked back (meaning they’re actually working):

Ruth G. Shaw
Chair, Board of Trustees
rgshaw@duke-energy.com

Norman R. Cohen
Vice Chair, Board of Trustees
unitecco@aol.com

Ranjana B. Clark
ranjana.clark@wachovia.com

Bertram L. Scott
hfanella@tiaa-cref.org

Joe L. Price, Jr.
joe.price@bankofamerica.com

Tim Ernst
President of the Student Body - UNC Charlotte
sbpres@email.uncc.edu

Eugene B. Johnson
Secretary, Board of Trustees
gjohnson@fairpoint.com

Robert F. Hull, Jr.
lisa.g.wilcox@lowes.com

Jeffrey S. Kane
jeff.kane@rich.frb.com - (this one may not work, but it’s worth a try)

Karen A. Popp
kpopp@sidley.com

I just emailed the list to my work email so I can deprive my employer of several minutes of work tomorrow!

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;340738]I just emailed the list to my work email so I can deprive my employer of several minutes of work tomorrow![/QUOTE]

Bump

This is a FANTASTIC idea!!! Everybody PLLLLEEEEEASE do this!!!

I just emailed the list to my work email so I can deprive my employer of several minutes of work tomorrow!
haha, isn't that what usually happens on NNN all day long?

is karen popp the karen popp that was in student government around the late 70’s? seems like she was student body president.

Same Karen Popp, who went on to Oxford, got a law degree, worked under Janet Reno and Bill Clinton at the White House, has been a federal prosecutor in NY, so on and so forth. Same Karen Popp who had me in the same sort of position that Job does in SGA long ago.

One UNC Charlotte graduate who has done quite well.

One UNC Charlotte graduate who has done quite well.

So the important question, is she for or against football?

[QUOTE=EE9er;340993]So the important question, is she for or against football?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

done :smile:

Done

done

done

DONE.

Done.

FYI the e-mail address for Bertom L. Scott has the out of office assistant on.

Sent mine out and got an immediate reply from Mrs. Popp. Nice to get quick responses.

Here’s what I sent to each

[COLOR=Green]Dear XXXXX,

I would like to thank you for your service on the UNC Charlotte Board of Trustees. At this Thursday’s meeting Chancellor Dubois is scheduled to give his recommendation on whether UNC Charlotte should pursue the sport of football. It would be easy to reduce this decision to a money equation, but I would respectfully ask you to consider the overall impact that the nation’s #1 sport will have on the future of the entire university and the Charlotte region as a whole.

For better or worse athletics is the public face of universities in this nation. Football, as the nation’s #1 sport is the keystone to development of donations for the majority of universities. Universities with football garner substantial increases in giving for both athletics and academics when compared to those that don’t. Football also provides for better marketing to the community, generating year round revenue and exposure. Football unites a university in ways that nothing else can. Schools with football have a higher percentage of alumni, corporate and community participation and donation.

Thursday’s vote will be a watershed moment in the history of this university on a scale not seen since we joined the UNC System in 1965. The future of this university can go in one of two directions from this vote. Without football this university will proceed to benefit from an appalling level of relative obscurity that it currently enjoys not only in the region, but within the very city it occupies. It can continue to be ignored by local media and business interests for the lack of “value” not having football brings. It’s athletics programs, already forced into a lower quality conference for the lack of football, will slide further into mediocrity as better athletes choose better known programs, with football. Without football the Athletic Department will be forced to ask for high student fees to compensate for the lack of interest our current slide will continue to produce.

With football we will have the chance to join with a better quality conference, to play a better level of competition, to get UNC Charlotte’s name back into the national spotlight. Football will garner more support from the local and regional media; getting students more involved with the university as a whole. It will help students, fans and the alumni to develop a love and concern for their university. Football will encourage corporate donations by offering a better and more widely seen product, and put the UNC Charlotte brand in the forefront of the region’s universities.

Please vote YES for football at Charlotte. The students (in a system wide historic vote) have affirmed their willingness to pay the fee increase because they realize the benefit that football will not only have to the overall college experience, but to the value of their university and their own degrees in the long run. Please do not allow the concerns of outside interests who DO NOT have the university’s best interests in mind, only their Alma Mater’s, to influence your vote. If we cave in on football, which is completely in the hands of the university, then we will never get a medical school or law school from the hands of outside special interests. The choice is clear; with football we will move one step closer to become a real university not only in reality but in public perception as well. Without football we will be doomed to be nothing more then a diploma factory. The power is in your hands to make UNC Charlotte better for everyone and for future generations to come.

Thank you for your consideration,

George Stanton Adams II

UNC Charlotte Student BSME

Gadams12@carolina.rr.com

Go Niners![/COLOR]

DONE and DONE

49RFootball now…very nice indeed. I didn’t read it all yet because I want to get out of the office, but it looked good from what I saw.

[SIZE=1]I would recommend taking your email address out of there (on the message board), as there are programs that scan boards for things like that.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=C49er;341167]49RFootball now…very nice indeed. I didn’t read it all yet because I want to get out of the office, but it looked good from what I saw.

[SIZE=1]I would recommend taking your email address out of there (on the message board), as there are programs that scan boards for things like that.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

About asked why you’re still in the office then saw Manitoba!:tongue:

Ruth G. Shaw- sent

Norman R. Cohen - sent

Ranjana B. Clark - sent

Bertram L. Scott - sent

Joe L. Price, Jr. - sent

Tim Ernst - sent

Eugene B. Johnson - sent

Robert F. Hull, Jr. - sent

Jeffrey S. Kane - sent

Karen A. Popp - sent

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;341169]Ruth G. Shaw- sent

Norman R. Cohen - sent

Ranjana B. Clark - sent

Bertram L. Scott - sent

Joe L. Price, Jr. - sent

Tim Ernst - sent

Eugene B. Johnson - sent

Robert F. Hull, Jr. - sent

Jeffrey S. Kane - sent

Karen A. Popp - sent[/QUOTE]

Too bad Babb and Halton don’t have listed emails. Though I suspect Babb isn’t on our side (his previous comments).