Bob HUGGINS

I just watched his interview with Andy Katz. I was wondering what people’s true feelings are in regard to Bob Huggins. What do people think of him as a coach and a person? Does he deserve another job somewhere?

He received a raw deal from Cinci. I’m not saying I do or do not condone his actions, but the timing of his dismissal did no one any good… well, mayb it did some good for whats-her-name, the ***** that stabbed him in the back by getting rid of him at the beginning of the school year.

Ok. That’s my feelings.

I’m with you thats for sure. He made a mistake, but he is clearly one of the top 10-15 coaches in all of college basketball

He’ll have the last laugh, Cincy is falling fast, players getting suspended or kicked off the team left and right. They also have a senior heavy roster: Hicks, Kirkland, Moore, White and Muhammed are all gone after this year. Add in NO early commits for 06, a horrible sign for a new, unproven coach, and they are in deep trouble. They do have some good freshmen, but there might not be any more help on the way…

Terrible timing, there isn’t enough talent on the team to beat Dayton and they have been played close by a couple of really bad teams.

Huggins definitely deserves another job, he will get one and they will probably be able to beat Cinicnatti within a couple of years of Huggins arriving.

Huggins will be laughing his ass off when Cincy goes 5-13 in the Big East. He’ll sit back and get paid til next season, then he’ll get a job.

He’s an asshole, but good coach

He will be very successful at whatever program he lands at. Wouldn’t it be sweet to see him end up somewhere in the A10? He seems like a good guy and IS a good coach. He gave his players way too much freedom and too little discipline and it burned him but I agree with the others that the time of it could not be worse or more unfair to him. As much as he did for that school he deserved better.

Better than Bobby!!!

I’d love to have Bob Huggins at Charlotte…

Bring him to Charlotte. I will up my giving to the Foundation.

Look what Bobby Knight has done at Texas Tech. All you have to do is keep him on a short leash.

Go to ESPN.com. There’s an interview with him and Katz. He almost looks like he’s about to cry. He seems contrite, very polite and gracious.

AND IT MAKES ME WANT TO THROW THE HELL UP.

When he was at Cincy, he did everything he could to go out of his way to be a jerk and a smartass at every turn. He thought he was bigger than the University and it took some dyke with an atitude to put him in his place. He made the classic error, he forgot he didn’t sign the paychecks.

Yes, he is very, very good coach. But he is a total asshole. He’ll win a lot of games, be in tounament every year and constantly have problems within the program. If that’s what you want he’s your man.

I don’t agree with everything Lutz does. I don’t particularly like his philosophies of the game. Instead of changes defenses every other trip down the floor, learn to play one really well, but that’s just my opinion. When we have shooters, we tend to play outside first instead of going in and getting kickout jumpers to open shooters when the D collapses.

BUT, he is a good coach for this school. Solid citizen, articulate, from the area and seems to care about the school. Oh yeah and a helluva golfer, gotta like that. Sounds like a super future AD doesn’t?

Everybody makes mistakes, particularly when you under a microscope all the time. Huggins is great coach and did miracles at Cinci. He will coach again at a high level.

Please tell me you do not honestly want that man coaching our team!!!

[QUOTE=hootie;142630]Go to ESPN.com. There’s an interview with him and Katz. He almost looks like he’s about to cry. He seems contrite, very polite and gracious.

AND IT MAKES ME WANT TO THROW THE HELL UP.

When he was at Cincy, he did everything he could to go out of his way to be a jerk and a smartass at every turn. He thought he was bigger than the University and it took some dyke with an atitude to put him in his place. He made the classic error, he forgot he didn’t sign the paychecks.

Yes, he is very, very good coach. But he is a total asshole. He’ll win a lot of games, be in tounament every year and constantly have problems within the program. If that’s what you want he’s your man.

I don’t agree with everything Lutz does. I don’t particularly like his philosophies of the game. Instead of changes defenses every other trip down the floor, learn to play one really well, but that’s just my opinion. When we have shooters, we tend to play outside first instead of going in and getting kickout jumpers to open shooters when the D collapses.

BUT, he is a good coach for this school. Solid citizen, articulate, from the area and seems to care about the school. Oh yeah and a helluva golfer, gotta like that. Sounds like a super future AD doesn’t?[/QUOTE]

Preach it brother, I could not have said it better myself.
And for those with no clue, we do not have top 50 recruits banging on the door of Halton to come to UNCC.

I think the fact that Cincy was our biggest rival in the 15 years ive been following the program, and now I dont even give them a second of thought pretty much says it all. Without Huggins there, and not being in their conference I have no desire to play them anymore. I think he is a great coach, but he is definetly mentally unstable. A friend of mine got recruited by Cincy and said that Huggins showed very erratic behavior during his visit. But alot of that could be just to weed out the non-diehards. Hey maybe Lutz could clear out a spot as an assitant for Huggy Bear. I love to root against him, but I have nothing but respect for Huggins. He has always shown a great deal of respect towards our program even though we threw crap at their players.

[QUOTE=4t9er;142703]I think the fact that Cincy was our biggest rival in the 15 years ive been following the program, and now I dont even give them a second of thought pretty much says it all.[/QUOTE]

I know whatcha mean.

I guess this is how Batman would feel if the Joker skipped town.