Bobble Heads Announced in Observer

Bobble Heads

Diego and Jarvis are it.

One thing they forgot to mention is that Diego’s talks. You hit his head and he says, “I told them to call 9-1-1 because the house is on fire.” Very cool. It’s from his famous quote when the 49ers beat Cincy in 1999 and they were 15-0 at the time. Jarvis is actually standing on a glass backboard holding a rim.

Can’t wait to get both.

[i]Originally posted by MKNiner[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 10:13 AM [b] One thing they forgot to mention is that Diego's talks. You hit his head and he says, "I told them to call 9-1-1 because the house is on fire." [/b]
Are you serious? That was a great line by Diego.

I think UC was 12-0 and ranked #3 at the time we won that game. Can somebody confirm?

sure, clt will confirm it.

[i]Originally posted by NormanNiner[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 10:40 AM [b] I think UC was 12-0 and ranked #3 at the time we won that game. Can somebody confirm? [/b]
[url=http://www.geocities.com/charlottefortyniners/whatavic.mp3]Confirmed.[/url]

I miss Jags. :frowning:

what are the dates of the bobble give aways

Feb. 5th and 16th

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner+Jan 13 2005, 10:38 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LeftyNiner @ Jan 13 2005, 10:38 AM)

Nice – I was hoping one talked. I remember talking to Dan Devos about the upcoming bobbles, and mentioning some new ideas we could do. He said, "And they you have your… what are they called? I think it’s Babble Bobbles, the ones that talk.’ So I asked him “So, you know what they’re called? Does that mean we have a talking one?” He just laughed and didn’t reply.

[i]Originally posted by SF4Nynah[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 12:43 PM [b] Nice -- I was hoping one talked. I remember talking to Dan Devos about the upcoming bobbles, and mentioning some new ideas we could do. He said, "And they you have your.... what are they called? I think it's Babble Bobbles, the ones that talk.' So I asked him "So, you know what they're called? Does that mean we have a talking one?" He just laughed and didn't reply. [/b]
I can just see it now. Closing seconds of Cinci game with Niners comfortably ahead: 3,000 Diego babble bobbles bouncing and chiming "You betta call 9-1-1 caz yer houze is on firrer". :D

Everyone has to break out the bobbles at some point. Can you imagine how that would look in front of the national ESPN audience. We’d be all over SportsCenter…forever. :thumbsup:

Lefty. I must say eventhough you post some weird stuff…that last post was as funny as any before it. “You betta call 9-1-1 caz yer houze is on firrer”. :rolleyes: Don’t really think espn will have us on sportscenter for a bunch of stupid bobbleheads. Are you serious?

[i]Originally posted by franchise49er[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 01:16 PM [b] :rolleyes: Don't really think espn will have us on sportscenter for a bunch of stupid bobbleheads. Are you serious? [/b]
Stupid? Come on now - a talking/blowing a kiss bobble and Jarvis' on the backboard? I think these two are the best ones out of the crop of bobbles we have over the last few years.

Is it Diego’s voice or is it a generic voice?

[i]Originally posted by franchise49er[/i]@Jan 13 2005, 01:16 PM [b] Lefty. I must say eventhough you post some weird stuff.....that last post was as funny as any before it. "You betta call 9-1-1 caz yer houze is on firrer". :rolleyes: Don't really think espn will have us on sportscenter for a bunch of stupid bobbleheads. Are you serious? [/b]
You don't think Sportcenter would be all over that? They've shown Lutz's bobblehead in studio many times. Diego will get some play...bank on it.

Is there anyway a kind Niner fan can secure 1 of each of these for me so I don’t have to brave Ebay after the game? It’s tough being this far away.

If you get me one of each and are planing on coming down here for the Tulane game. I will treat you to a crawfish po-boy on Bourbon Street before the game.

You have to love the Niner bobblehead traditon! Go NINERS!!

Does anyone have a pic of the new bobbleheads? I need to see a pic people!