Bobby Lutz:Is he still on Charlotte's payroll?

Is this the final year of Bobby Lutz’s contract with Charlotte or do we owe him for another year?I’ve read and heard a lot of conflicting reports on this issue.Anyone know for sure?

Good question. I thought this year was the last, but NNN chatter has convinced me otherwise.

Will be paid $237,000 annually through the end of March 2014.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/flash/5917087/
http://www.wral.com/news/local/page/5910772/

Thanks NLP49.

thanks judy rose you are so great for this program

Hey hey hey she was fighting for football for over twenty years… She said so herself!!! :-\

And with the state recommendation to raise out of state tuition we are in the hole for another $250k because of out of state scholarships…

How many people in the private sector would keep their jobs if they were responsible for a $250k loss (huge percentage of operating funds) for 4 straight years?

Not everyone in the private sector gets canned for a bad deal, not when most of their other work results in much success. Throw in, by comparison, this private sector person also is responsible for a very smooth and thus-far successful implementation of a company’s largest and most revenue generating department.

Please extract your heads from your ass-holes. This forum goes round and round on Judy’s overall job as AD. One bad deal does not a bad AD make.

Is this 2013 or 2010? Guess is doesn’t matter. Fire Judy!!! Guess it woulda been better if lutz beat the kids and Judy just suspended him.

Gets old though

Not everyone in the private sector gets canned for a bad deal, not when most of their other work results in much success. Throw in, by comparison, this private sector person also is responsible for a very smooth and thus-far successful implementation of a company’s largest and most revenue generating department.

Please extract your heads from your ass-holes. This forum goes round and round on Judy’s overall job as AD. One bad deal does not a bad AD make.[/quote]

It is too soon to say football is on a path to success, or will generate much money; although, I am hopeful it will be. The success thus far is more a result of the CFI than Judy Rose. It is intriguing to see a passive AD receive a lot of credit for this, especially given that she hasn’t sold the naming rights to the stadium yet and we are 13 days away from the spring game. Marketing for football has also been quite weak thus far.

The company’s largest and most revenue generating department currently is men’s basketball, which has been unsuccessful and seeing less and less contributions and attendance over the last 8 years… all aspects on a negative decline.

If we were a good ole’ boys small business, she’d be fine. If we were an aspiring enterprise, the egregious mistakes would have her in very hot water.

Has she done good things in the past? Absolutely. Halton Arena is impressive, the contributions to the immaterial sports is impressive, but from an aspect of selling the core of the company she has been mediocre to poor.

Please extract your heads from your ass-holes. This forum goes round and round on Judy’s overall job as AD. One bad deal does not a bad AD make.[/quote]

It is too soon to say football is on a path to success, or will generate much money; although, I am hopeful it will be. The success thus far is more a result of the CFI than Judy Rose. It is intriguing to see a passive AD receive a lot of credit for this, especially given that she hasn’t sold the naming rights to the stadium yet and we are 13 days away from the spring game. Marketing for football has also been quite weak thus far.

The company’s largest and most revenue generating department currently is men’s basketball, which has been unsuccessful and seeing less and less contributions and attendance over the last 8 years… all aspects on a negative decline.

If we were a good ole’ boys small business, she’d be fine. If we were an aspiring enterprise, the egregious mistakes would have her in very hot water.

Has she done good things in the past? Absolutely. Halton Arena is impressive, the contributions to the immaterial sports is impressive, but from an aspect of selling the core of the company she has been mediocre to poor.[/quote]

Likewise, it is too early to say it is a failure. There have been many successes for the program already. I like the Lambert hire for the University. His head coaching abilities remains to be seen, but he seems like the right hire still. We are playing in FBS in 2015. This is a huge success. You may say that is a product of other factors and not so much because of the AD, but it happened on her watch so I will give her that success just as you give her failures that happen on her watch. It is very easy to say someone sucks looking in from the outside. I don’t know myself what her job involves and it would be very hard to stack her up against other AD’s. I am not satisfied with where we are as a program, but I have seen many programs that are a lot worse. I think Judy is dedicated to the University which is better for us than some hot shot looking to make a name and move on.

I agree. I don’t think she sucks. I think she is good at what she does, but I do not believe she has the skill-set to take the program to the next level. It’s similar to CEOs in the business world. There are CEOs that are good at building companies, some that are good at maintaining companies, and some that are good at turning around companies. I think Judy is good at maintaining, but we’re moving in the direction where we need one that is good at building.

She does a spectacular job with non-revenue sports, ability to keep a small set of large donors contributing (Dale Halton), runs a clean program, and she seems like a good person overall. In any case, I anticipate she retires soon anyway, so hopefully she can go out on her own accord while also giving the school a chance to transition to a growth model.

Walls and walls of text.

Pretty much nothing that hasn’t already been stated many many times before in countless other threads.

My updated “I’m tired of hearing about it list”

Observer coverage
Bobby Lutz
Judy Rose

[quote=“pickman, post:16, topic:27692”]My updated “I’m tired of hearing about it list”

Observer coverage
Bobby Lutz
Judy Rose[/quote]

Good list.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:17, topic:27692”][quote=“pickman, post:16, topic:27692”]My updated “I’m tired of hearing about it list”

Observer coverage
Bobby Lutz
Judy Rose[/quote]

Good list.[/quote]

Can we add ECU basketball and how CUSA is the end of days for our basketball to the list?

Nlp
Jfelt
Cpip

[quote=“pickman, post:16, topic:27692”]My updated “I’m tired of hearing about it list”

Observer coverage
Bobby Lutz
Judy Rose[/quote]

this