Bobby on ESPN This morning

Took the high road on the Delonte Hill / Beasley situation.

He was on a guest panel that included Billy Packard & Sonny Vaccario (sp.) discussing package deals involving aau coaches and dads for star players.

thought Bobby did a good job…wouldve been nice if Bob Ley quit interupting everyone.

Bobby should’ve made it known that we still have an open scholarship and we need a point guard!

Bobby made a number of smart points this morning. Didn’t mention Huggins’ role in the deal, but he certainly represented the issue well.

Here’s the story that ran just before he came on:

[URL=http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3913726&categoryid=3286128][B][U][COLOR=Red]ESPN.com: OTL - Package Deals[/COLOR][/U][/B][/URL]

If anyone finds the interview with Lutz, Packer, and Viccario, please link it. Thanks.

Here's the story that ran just before he came on:

[COLOR=red]ESPN.com: OTL - Package Deals[/COLOR]

If anyone finds the interview with Lutz, Packer, and Viccario, please link it. Thanks.

This is good. Completely full of BS from some coaches too.

Martell had by far the best responses.

This will be replayed at 12:00 pm on ESPNNEWS.

Here’s the link to the discussion the included Bobby

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3925871&categoryid=3286128

The USC situation with Hackett being a walk-on is completely shady… I know there is little substantial evidence, but c’mon that is plain as day.

Two things that surprised me:
[list type=decimal]
[]I didn’t think Vaccaro could sound any slimier. But he did today. Irony, that OTL brings on one of the biggest problems in college basketball to ask him how to fix it.
[
]Billy made some good points. However, he got a bit off topic. Come hell or high water he was going to make his point whether it had anything to do with the topic or not
[/LIST]Bobby’s right. The coaches are over regulated already. NCAA needs to focus on things they can control.

Bobby is such a likeable guy. I really hope he can get things turned around.

I have nothing but respect for Martelli. This is a gigantic scumpool.

I have so much respect to Bobby and Phil Marteli after watching the interview. Great guys

Sonny Vaccaro

[QUOTE]If you want to recruit somebody from birth, you should be able to do that.[/QUOTE]

John Calipari would like him to be the next president of the NCAA.

Sonny Vaccaro

John Calipari would like him to be the next president of the NCAA.

:lmao:

Calipari just offered a 6 month fetus a scholarship and Vaccaro is working on a shoe deal once he goes pro.

thought Bobby did a good job...wouldve been nice if Bob Ley quit interupting everyone.

Bobby should’ve made it known that we still have an open scholarship and we need a point guard!

Bob Lee was a tool, Bobby was going in to depth about beasley and Ley cut him off, when Lutz was in the mid sentence. Still it was a suprise to see him on the tube.

I thought Coach Lutz was very well spoken & could have made several more good points…is Ley shut the hell up!
Don’t know why it’s a problem to hire someone that would be an asset…
Every employer does this.

Ley was annoying. He said “Bob Lutz”. Bob Lutz sounds like a car dealer. Bobby is the man. Bobby Lutz sounds like a coach.

[QUOTE=spencer;386201]Bob Lee was a tool, Bobby was going in to depth about beasley and Ley cut him off, when Lutz was in the mid sentence. Still it was a suprise to see him on the tube.[/QUOTE]

He was obviously trying to lure Bobby into saying that he expected Delonte to deliver Beasley. Once he figured out that Lutz wasn’t going there, he cut him off.

Should package deals be against the rules?

And what type of package deals are good/bad.

For example, if two brothers want to play together, but one is a 4 star, the other unrated, would the NCAA deem it wrong for a school to offer scholarships to both?

What about offering a father a position on the staff?

Where do you draw the line?

I can’t imagine trying to come up with a well-defined guideline for who and how you can recruit.

clt says lutz did a great job and that was way too much billy packer. what a shock that he brought the acc into his comments.