Bobby or Matt

Poll- Who would you rather have- Matt Doughty or Boddy Lutz?

I like Bobby. Matt would be a great fit if Bobby left. I just couldn’t imagine a former Tarhole coaching our team.

MATT

Lets make the Tarholes look like even bigger Jackasses. Time for a change. Matt

Interesting Facts:

Pat Summit- 6’ 2"
Bobby Lutz- 5’5"

Bobby

Where is the poll?

NO CONTEST - BOBBY!

Stepping stone for Matt…you can have him.

Bobby

Matt

[SIZE=3]FORTY!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]NINERS!!![/SIZE]

[i]Originally posted by lucky57[/i]@Mar 22 2005, 10:34 PM [b] Stepping stone for Matt...you can have him. [/b]
Where do you think he would go???? He ain't going back to Carolina, Kansas or ND. I think he could turn Charlotte into something he would never want to leave. This is the palce he has already CHOSEN to make his home. The endorsement opportunities would be HUGE for him here. He could be coaching at a top 20 program with 35,000 students and he is the only game in town(looking 10 years into the future). Tell me where you think he would leave us for???? ANd the thing is if he did leave us it would be for a top 10 program and that means he would have had to had AMAZING success at Charlotte for them to hire him away. I would trade several years of success in exchange for him leaving.....
[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er+Mar 22 2005, 10:01 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jimmyhat49er @ Mar 22 2005, 10:01 PM)

Money…thats what he would leave for…just like Bobby. And speaking of Money thats what the hatman was tonight on the court. He led his undermanned team to a 4-2 victory in the best of seven battle against four six foot white guys. Money.

Bobby

OR

HONESTLY, I don’t care, as long as whoever it is WANTS to make this program into something worthwhile.

One of the criticisms I have read on this board about Doherty is that he would use Charlotte as a stepping stone. The question I have is: Isn’t that what Charlotte alums and supposedly Charlotte faithful Melvin Watkins and possbily Bobby Lutz are doing? Melvin most definitely used us a stepping stone. Two good seasons and he bolted for greener ($$$) pastures. Bobby may (or may not) do the same thing. So, that seems like a weak argument.

Down deep I want Lutz to stay because he grew up as one of us BUT, Mullins grew up at Duke and became a 49er loyalist. The same could happen for Doherty. If we were the one to give him a second chance, he might be more loyal than our own home grown products. He might have a chip on his shoulder and want to show the country what a mistake UNCCH made. I think it could be good. As I have said in other posts, any change is a gamble. It could turn out great or it could backfire. However, if Lutz chooses to leave (I personally don’t think he will do much better than Watkins if he does leave) I say Doherty is the man we go after.

Why hasn’t Steve Lavin been mentioned? This guy got UCLA to the sweet sixteen numerous times and seems to be a players coach. I have heard him talk many times about the A-10 and what a good conference it is going to be. He even talked tonight during the USC game about how great of a job Phil Martelli has done at SJU and how he should be a high favorite for National Coach of the Year. The only thing would be recruiting on the east coast, but if he hired a good assistant with ties then that wouldn’t matter anyway. Assistant coaches do a HECK OF ALOT MORE than people realize. I think he should be considered for sure.

I don’t know. That’s tough. I like what Lutz has done but can’t get past his postseason failures. Doherty scares me in someways. If I was forced to pick I would say Doherty because I think we need a change and I think Doherty can take us to the next level. Stil hard to choose when it’s between those two.

Matt…not a bad change in my book