Bobby's goals for 2004-2005

To take a break from the political discussions for a moment, imagine yourself as Bobby’s immediate supervisor and you need to set his goals and expectations for the upcoming year. Since we don’t have a schedule yet, the goals need to be somewhat generic - as such I offer my expectations:

Average: NCAA tournament bid and any three of the following: 20 wins, top 4 in CUSA regular season, semi-finals in CUSA toruney, one NCAA tourney win. No bonus.

Above Average: Average + one of the following: CUSA regular season champs, CUSA tourney champs, 2nd round NCAA win, CUSA COY or a player that is POY. Bonus = 25% of base.

Excellent: Above Average + any two of the Above Average extra criteria + Elite 8. Bonus = 50% of base.

Superior: Excellent + Final 4. Bonus = 100% of base.

National Champs: 200% of base.

Extra compensation:

10% for each away win against a top 25 opponent (any poll).

10% for a tourney win against UNC, NCSU.

What have I missed (end of season RPI, graduation rates, others)?

We have enough of a schedule in place to work on this.

HOME:

Alabama
Cincinnati*
DePaul*
East Carolina*
Georgia State
Houston*
Long Beach State
Memphis*
Rutgers
Saint Louis*
Southern Miss*
TCU*
UNC-Asheville
TBA

AWAY:

Cable Car Classic (game 1) vs. Yale
Cable Car Classic (game 2) vs. Central Connecticut or Santa Clara
Cincinnati*
Davidson
East Carolina*
Indiana
Louisville*
Marquette*
Saint Louis*
Tulane*
UAB*
USF*
TBA

I’d add a bonus for going undefeated at home, plus wins over top 25 opponents in Halton (Cincy, Louisville, Memphis, etc.). Another one if we bring home the Cable Car title, as well as retention of the Hornets’ Nest Trophy.

Not sure about that one for beating Chapel Hill or State in the NCAA tourney. That one is sort of venturing into that San Diego Chargers/Philip Rivers territory of incentives. Anyway, that would have to be determined by the selection commmittee, something we have no control over. So I would just look at the overall Ws and Ls in the Big Dance regardless of whether the oppenent is a sister UNC school or not.

Graduation rates/progress is a good one as well.

Also, a bonus if he can out F-bomb Shawn Finney! :stuck_out_tongue: