Bobcats roster set, no Niners

What’s the feeling out there? Have you guys dismissed them as uninteresting already?

:fastgun: Bernie Bickerstaff, jk, I would have enjoyed watching an ex-niner play for them, however, I’m not going to hold anything against them for their roster decisions

No Niners, no season ticket purchases by me.
No soup either.

[i]Originally posted by Mike_Persinger[/i]@Jul 14 2004, 10:17 AM [b] What's the feeling out there? Have you guys dismissed them as uninteresting already? [/b]
I'm following their moves. Rodney was really the only one I thought had a chance with them. Any word on where he'll end up? I'm thinking his attitude scared the Bobcats away.

i like the guys that they have right now, niners or no niners. they seem to be gearing the team towards defense, which i like, and almost all of the players seem to be good people as well as hard working players.

i hate those asswipes that go around saying that they wont follow the Bobcats because they think they are gonna be a bunch of criminals.

ill have fun watching the bobcats even if they lose 80% of their games.

btw, gerald wallace is the man

How it works out is that I’ll watch them, but I won’t be buying that orange Rodney White jersey that I wanted. As for season tix - regardless of who they have, I’m not paying out that kind of jack for the coliseum & a new team. Maybe next year, when they get a real PG and play in the sparkly new digs. Even then, I’m gonna pool my money with a couple of other guys for a pair of tix and take 1/3 or 1/4 of the home dates. With the Niners overlap, I wouldn’t be interested in going more often than 10 or 12 times anyway.

NA I had essentially the same plan. It would have been nice, since this is my last year in Charlotte, to have seen a former niner play on a regular basis, but oh well. I’ll still follow the team, but I’m not putting that kind of money in bobcat johnson’s pockets to see them lose 60 odd games.

[b]What's the feeling out there? Have you guys dismissed them as uninteresting already? [/b]

The NBA itself is uninteresting. I won’t be following them no matter how they do, and didn’t care if Charlotte ever got a team again. It would be nice to avoid NBA coverage altogether, but we are force-fed the stuff by the media. Had a Niner or other local player been on the roster, I might have checked the box score every now and then just to see their stats. That’s not gonna happen now, though.

[i]Originally posted by X-49er[/i]@Jul 14 2004, 11:39 AM [b]
[b]What's the feeling out there? Have you guys dismissed them as uninteresting already? [/b]

The NBA itself is uninteresting. I won’t be following them no matter how they do, and didn’t care if Charlotte ever got a team again. It would be nice to avoid NBA coverage altogether, but we are force-fed the stuff by the media. Had a Niner or other local player been on the roster, I might have checked the box score every now and then just to see their stats. That’s not gonna happen now, though.[/b]

Absolutely 100% correct, in my opinion.

I dont care if the Robertcats roster had Labron James, Kobe Bryant, Shaquille Oneal, Jobey Thomas, Henry Williams & Rodney White.

Its not just the so-called criminal aspect of certain people, either. Its the total package starting with David Stern. I have zero respect for any part of NBA.

If I had to find say something positive about the league, I guess the best I could do is to say that Paul Silas and Joe Dumars are pretty classy guys. The rest of the league, I could care less.

I look at it as another entertainment option (attending or viewing on TV). I’m not going to spend any money on it directly other than buying some beer to go with some free tickets. All my basketball/sports entertainment money goes to the home team.

[b]I wouldn't be interested in going more often than 10 or 12 times anyway. [/b]

10 or 12 games? I was thinking 1, maybe 2.

[i]Originally posted by X-49er[/i]@Jul 14 2004, 11:39 AM [b] The NBA itself is uninteresting. I won't be following them no matter how they do, and didn't care if Charlotte ever got a team again. It would be nice to avoid NBA coverage altogether, but we are force-fed the stuff by the media. Had a Niner or other local player been on the roster, I might have checked the box score every now and then just to see their stats. That's not gonna happen now, though. [/b]

X couldn’t have conveyed my opinion on this topic any more accurately. Other than watching a few minutes of the Finals (provided there’s an interesting story like the Pistons upsetting the Lakers), the NBA will not receive one percent of my attention or money. Even if I wanted to, I just can’t sit through a ballgame and enjoy the current product.

All bitterness about the NBA and its multi-million dollar crybaby teenagers aside, I like Okafor and enjoyed watching him in college. He was my favorite non-niner player. I’ll enjoy watching him again. The fact that he shoots FTs (about 55-60%) like a Niner makes him feel like “family”. :stuck_out_tongue:

That arena is gonna be the star for the first 1-3 yrs. Brand new, state of the art, and you can hold your breath for the amount of time it will take to walk to a bar afterwards. Bitter though most fans are, once it’s done, it’ll attract people. It’ll attract the trendies who wanna be seen at the scene. If the team is halfway decent, it’ll attract hoops junkies too.

But if they ever play on the same night as the guys in green, even if its a road game against LBSU, fuhgettaboutit. No contest there. I’m a Niner first, always.

Could care less about the NBA. From what I’ve seen the guys just don’t hussle like they do in college ball. May check the box score every now and then but otherwise I don’t care. Seems to me Charlotte has done fine without the NBA unlike what the city council thought. According to them Charlotte would be dull and uninteresting. Would have rather have seen the money that went to the new arena go towards the Knights and other entertainment projects.

To be honest, not many other NBA teams have a Niner so the Bobcats not having one doesn’t bother me much.

Are there any former Dukies or Tarholes on the team?

Bobcats Roster

Lonny Baxter from Maryland and Loren Woods transfered to Arizona from Wake Forest b/c fans expected him to be the next Tim Duncan

Those are the only ACC guys on there

They needed a PG badly and didn’t even consider Sean Colson. Jobey got snubbed and ended up with a better possibility, is now playing summer league for the Clippers.
If they add a Niner I go to some games, but now I have no interest in these guys at all. NBA is dead.
If Larry Bird gets the team instead of Bob, I go to the games. Snub the white guy, who is a Hall of Famer, and give it to a guy who had never even been to Charlotte. This represents everything I hate about the NBA.
Go NINERS!

[i]Originally posted by mineshaft[/i]@Jul 15 2004, 09:50 PM [b] They needed a PG badly and didn't even consider Sean Colson. Jobey got snubbed and ended up with a better possibility, is now playing summer league for the Clippers. If they add a Niner I go to some games, but now I have no interest in these guys at all. NBA is dead. If Larry Bird gets the team instead of Bob, I go to the games. Snub the white guy, who is a Hall of Famer, and give it to a guy who had never even been to Charlotte. This represents everything I hate about the NBA. Go NINERS! [/b]
Mineshaft, any word on Demon? I assume he's headed overseas.