Bobcats sign G Earl Boykins

[URL]http://www.nba.com/bobcats/sign_boykins.html[/URL]

5’5. wow…nice pickup though.

I was watching one of their games the other night, they actually have a decent starting five if you play Richardson at the 2 and Wallace at the 3. Felton at PG, Okafor at PF, and Mohommed at 5. I think they really need a scoring power forward, Okafor is ok but they need a 20-10 guy, May can’t stay healthy, I think they should go after Gasol, they could be a playoff team with him.

Boykins is not the answer and he’ll help very little.

I was watching one of their games the other night, they actually have a decent starting five if you play Richardson at the 2 and Wallace at the 3. Felton at PG, Okafor at PF, and Mohommed at 5. I think they really need a scoring power forward, Okafor is ok but they need a 20-10 guy, May can't stay healthy, I think they should go after Gasol, they could be a playoff team with him.

In past years Okafor was the only guy bringing it solid every night. It’s just not there anymore.

I think this will help a lot because the Bobcats play solid but lose a lot of games in the 4th quarter because of a lack of depth and leadership.

This hardly qualifies as news

In past years Okafor was the only guy bringing it solid every night. It's just not there anymore.

I think this will help a lot because the Bobcats play solid but lose a lot of games in the 4th quarter because of a lack of depth and leadership.

They have changed their system completely. He scores when he gets the ball but the fact of the matter is that he has become the third and sometimes fourth or fifth option with J-Rich and Nazr being here now.

[QUOTE=EE9er;290458]May can’t stay healthy…[/QUOTE]
I am frankly baffled by the fact that the Nets offered Charlotte the 18th pick last year in exchange for Sean May, and they said no. I would’ve had his fat ass in a crate to be shipped to East Rutherford before you could say “Must keep all Tarholes together.”

I am frankly baffled by the fact that the Nets offered Charlotte the 18th pick last year in exchange for Sean May, and they said no. I would've had his fat ass in a crate to be shipped to East Rutherford before you could say "Must keep all Tarholes together."

Bingo, they won’t get rid of a Tar Hole, their the only ones that go to the games. The entire franchise is stupid, they have one of the smallest payrolls yet they were expecting one overpriced SG to win them over 40 games. Untill they go get some players no one is going to care about them.

boykins is a spark plug that can score a good amount of the bench…i think this is a good pick up for the bobcats…it also gives them some experience at the point

Touche McInnis sucks thats why they got Earl.

So now that they have Earl, why keep McInnis? Just dump him & Othella Harrington, who can barely walk at this point, then add another big man.

I was waiting for this to happen, quite honest. I thought of Earl the other day and the fact that he can light it up and give a legit backup at PG. Since Brevan Knight has been gone, I was wondering when the Bobcats were going to pickup a PG. When I heard about Boykins being let go a little while back, I figured the Bobcats would go after him.

Instead they first went after a much needed Cetner, Mohammed, Good pickup.

Now we need a legit 4, Okafor is too inconsistent, a legit 4 would cap off this team. Wonder if Blake Griffin would come out this year? He would be perfect.

McInnis is a cheap expenditure. He is only making the league minimum for veteran players.