Bobcats Suck

I thought when a billionaire was gonna be the franchise owner that they would be pretty legit and get a good fanbase in the new areana. But damn, they are absolute garbage. I mean I look at their lineup and its pretty laughable. Now they are into Okafor for like 5 more years. And got nobody in this years draft wtih 2 first round pics. They might as well become and NBDL team. Felton will never be a starting PG, Morrison is a joke as is Sean May. Okafor cant score for crap. I like Richardson and Wallace but they are the only guys that can do anything, and they would be like a 3rd option on any competitive team in the league. Getting Larry Brown could have been good, but he’s a nutt case too and will not be happy coaching a bunch of scrubs. Meanwhile the Hornets are sick. Really sad. I dont see the Cats making the playoffs in at least the next 5 years. I wonder what the longest a new franchise has gone without a playoff appearence. Ok i’m done crapping on them. I feel much better.

dude lighten up, it was one game and they lost to a team that was 1 game away from the finals and who has the best player of our generation.

so, I assume they lost tonight to cleveland

[QUOTE=4t9er;355269]I thought when a billionaire was gonna be the franchise owner that they would be pretty legit and get a good fanbase in the new areana. But damn, they are absolute garbage. I mean I look at their lineup and its pretty laughable. Now they are into Okafor for like 5 more years. And got nobody in this years draft wtih 2 first round pics. They might as well become and NBDL team. Felton will never be a starting PG, Morrison is a joke as is Sean May. Okafor cant score for crap. I like Richardson and Wallace but they are the only guys that can do anything, and they would be like a 3rd option on any competitive team in the league. Getting Larry Brown could have been good, but he’s a nutt case too and will not be happy coaching a bunch of scrubs. Meanwhile the Hornets are sick. Really sad. I dont see the Cats making the playoffs in at least the next 5 years. I wonder what the longest a new franchise has gone without a playoff appearence. Ok i’m done crapping on them. I feel much better.[/QUOTE]

typical charlotte sports fan.

our teams here in charlotte are young and this is why charlotte sports teams don’t have good fan bases. everyone here hass either relocated from another city and therefore has their own team from there, or they haven’t learned how to be a true fan yet, since our teams are still young.

go home, the bobcats don’t need fans like you. give em some time. maybe just a little more than one game at least, huh?

[QUOTE=swilson47;355274]typical charlotte sports fan.

our teams here in charlotte are young and this is why charlotte sports teams don’t have good fan bases. everyone here hass either relocated from another city and therefore has their own team from there, or they haven’t learned how to be a true fan yet, since our teams are still young.

go home, the bobcats don’t need fans like you. give em some time. maybe just a little more than one game at least, huh?[/QUOTE]

Example: my generation (4th year college) is probably the first ticket buying generation of the panthers that has been raised a panthers fan. I didn’t pull for anyone else because there was no one else around, I pulled for the panthers because they were there. Bobcats have a chance to be the same in another 10-15 years - that is assuming they don’t pack up and peace out.

I don’t really think that’s fair to our team. But that thing about Sean May being a joke? LEGIT.

[QUOTE=swilson47;355274]typical charlotte sports fan.

go home, the bobcats don’t need fans like you. give em some time. maybe just a little more than one game at least, huh?[/QUOTE]

QFT

and May and Felton need to go.

I thought when a billionaire was gonna be the franchise owner that they would be pretty legit and get a good fanbase in the new areana. But damn, they are absolute garbage. I mean I look at their lineup and its pretty laughable. Now they are into Okafor for like 5 more years. And got nobody in this years draft wtih 2 first round pics. They might as well become and NBDL team. Felton will never be a starting PG, Morrison is a joke as is Sean May. Okafor cant score for crap. I like Richardson and Wallace but they are the only guys that can do anything, and they would be like a 3rd option on any competitive team in the league. Getting Larry Brown could have been good, but he's a nutt case too and will not be happy coaching a bunch of scrubs. Meanwhile the Hornets are sick. Really sad. I dont see the Cats making the playoffs in at least the next 5 years. I wonder what the longest a new franchise has gone without a playoff appearence. Ok i'm done crapping on them. I feel much better.

I’ve been up since 5am and am a few beers in, but I’ll be polite as I can be: You sir, are a ****ing moron.

I’m guessing you’re a Tar Heels, Lakers, Patriots (or maybe Titans or Giants now?) fan. Durrr I’ll pull for whoever gets the most of those gol dern wins! Yeehaw!

This is quite an occasion, because it’s the first thread ever in which I agree 100% with swilson. Dude hit the nail sqarely on the head.

Go home. Quit bitching. But when Larry gets the team going strong (as he has with virtualy every program he has come to), we don’t want you hopping on the bandwagon.

Whining about Okafor? lol you lost all credibility when you started that ****. Mek is a BEAST, we are lucky to have him for a few more years.

Edit: By the way, Felton is a legit NBA starting pg: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3931/career;_ylt=Ah4yTZShBRCWsjgl61lWO34cPaB4
Dude has the #s to back it up. Yeah May is a joke, but Felton can play.

Morrison still has to go even though he got a haircut, hes been out for too long and was not the greatest player in the first place. On the court tonight he was lousy… air balled multiple shots, ehhh just didn’t look comfortable. Felton just needs to pick up a consistent jumper so it will take the pressure away from Wallace and Richardson. Augustine was attacking the basket, but he needs to tone it down a bit, even though I was impressed with his energy. He will learn to be a floor general. J-rich carried the team in the 3rd to get them within striking distance, but they ran out of energy playing catch up. Mek was steppin up on the defensive end had a couple block shots. I dunno if I was the only one watchin the game, but I dont think Carrol or Dudley played that much. I especially like Dudley gettin minutes. He plays hard. The team will get better, like people have said it just will take time. I’ll be at the game against the Pistons. Sec. 113 anyone going to that game?, My gf is from Michigan and a Pistons fan… hopefully we can take care of business at home so I dont have to hear her mouth on the ride back home.

If the Bobcats front office acted as if they cared whether they won or lost, then I would probably follow them. 4t9r, you went a bit overboard, but I agree with you in principal. I could care less about the Bobcats, because the Bob hasn’t shown any effort to make the Cats worth investing fanhood in.

I want to be a fan, I really do… but until some major changes are made to that team, I just can’t bring myself to care.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;355288]I want to be a fan, I really do… but until some major changes are made to that team, I just can’t bring myself to care.[/QUOTE]

QFT.

I highly doubt New Orleans or OK City would care. Let’s get a owner to buy our name back. I can live with new colors from purple and teal if we have to go that route. I like green and white personally.

I thought when a billionaire was gonna be the franchise owner that they would be pretty legit and get a good fanbase in the new areana. But damn, they are absolute garbage. I mean I look at their lineup and its pretty laughable. Now they are into Okafor for like 5 more years. And got nobody in this years draft wtih 2 first round pics. They might as well become and NBDL team. Felton will never be a starting PG, Morrison is a joke as is Sean May. Okafor cant score for crap. I like Richardson and Wallace but they are the only guys that can do anything, and they would be like a 3rd option on any competitive team in the league. Getting Larry Brown could have been good, but he's a nutt case too and will not be happy coaching a bunch of scrubs. Meanwhile the Hornets are sick. Really sad. I dont see the Cats making the playoffs in at least the next 5 years. I wonder what the longest a new franchise has gone without a playoff appearence. Ok i'm done crapping on them. I feel much better.

Good post.

NOT

Good post.

SIKE!!!

fixed

Why the bashing on Okafor? The guy has been forced to play down low with crappy centers his whole career. He’s also been forced to play the 5 more than he should have ever had to play it.

Yea go ahead and bash Augustin and Ajinca ONE game into their career. Sorry they didn’t meet your lofty expectations. Morrison was a bad pick, I agree, Rudy Gay was a more viable option (and I have to give Jordan credit, he wanted Gay), but honestly, with Gdub at the 3, they should have just traded back.

Ajinca & Augustin will be solid, just give them time.

I want to be a fan, I really do... but until some major changes are made to that team, I just can't bring myself to care.
Same here.

The NBA is boring enough as it is. It makes it even tougher when you get the impression the team owner just wants to take the fans for a ride.

Anyone watch Larry Brown’s post game interview? Maybe he always talk, acts, and looks like that after a loss… I don’t know. But that looked like a tired frusterated embarrassed coach.

One thing he said and I totally agree is about athleticism. Besides Wallace and J Rich… who else has that true NBA athletic ability (subjective obviously) about them. Some may argue Mek but my expectations were very high for him I guess. And it is too early to tell about Augustin and Ajinca.

The Bobcats need good swing men that can MAKE the open shots like Cleveland, Suns, etc… D. Gibsons & L. Barbosas are the types of players we need.

If you watch the Bobcats and then other teams, there IS a big difference in ability of the players and how they play. May and Morrison, COME ON!!! I know it doesn’t mean anything, but I don’t think they look like NBA players, let alone play like them. May is big/slow/soft and Morrison… I’m sorry but shave the head and mustache.

As far as Felton, I don’t like him as the Bobcats pg. His shooting is inconsistent for one. The Bobcats have Mek, J Rich, and Wallace… on paper or in my head, it seems like if the Bobcats put a few more talented players around them, they should be a .500 team. This might be an unpopular statement, but I think Wallace and Mek need to go and bring in some new players. Let’s change it up and see what happens, because it hasn’t been working.

[QUOTE=TheNinerAlchemist;355276]But that thing about Sean May being a joke? LEGIT.[/QUOTE]

QFT!!! What an embarrassment!!! He tried to back down Ben Wallace last night. hahahahahahahaha

The worst part is that you go to a game and all you see is May jerseys. They had more Sean May crap in the team store than Gerald Wallace gear. That’s probably the only reason they keep him around, so all the Hole fans will buy his jersey.

I still think augustin was a terrible pick. i’m sure the coaches were looking for the next Chris Paul but what we needed was a big man with some instant impact (I know, easier said than done, and stastically guards are a safer pick.) But come on a barely 6ft guard who’s been shooting like crap and get’s blown by? Besides Alexis and Hollins we don’t have a guy over 6-10. Both those guys are inexperienced and foul prone. I still think we should have gone after Brook or Robin Lopez. Mainly we needed someone to grab rebounds and contest shots and put in 9-10 pts a game. Teams eat us alive inside and we survive with outside shooting. Unless you’re Duke you can’t rely on outside shooting, and you certainly cannot in the NBA. Overall this team has a history of terrible picks. The only two I like are Okafor, of course and Dudley. Felton is a point guard trying to be a SG, with one problem, he can’t shoot and he is 6-1. May got a case of Gravy Knee and maybe he can come back but I doubt, anyone who had tracked him at UNC knew he had a weight problem and was injury prone (We should have pulled Oliver Miller out of retirement.) Morrison should have been looked at as a prospect, and his slow foot speed and lack of defense would have alarmed any coach, however we bought the hype. Hollins has a problem even standing there without fouling. Davidson, a center who has a hard time keeping his weight above 220, was cut. I’m sure Brown will make a difference and I don’t see a NYK kind of disaster, the egos on this team aren’t as big, and you will see them improve. However I can see how brown is frustrated, look what he has to work with. He has one reliable big man and the rest are injury prone/inexperienced or have stone hands.

[QUOTE=DownwithNBA;355340]I still think augustin was a terrible pick. i’m sure the coaches were looking for the next Chris Paul but what we needed was a big man with some instant impact (I know, easier said than done, and stastically guards are a safer pick.) But come on a barely 6ft guard who’s been shooting like crap and get’s blown by? Besides Alexis and Hollins we don’t have a guy over 6-10. Both those guys are inexperienced and foul prone. I still think we should have gone after Brook or Robin Lopez. Mainly we needed someone to grab rebounds and contest shots and put in 9-10 pts a game. Teams eat us alive inside and we survive with outside shooting. Unless you’re Duke you can’t rely on outside shooting, and you certainly cannot in the NBA. Overall this team has a history of terrible picks. The only two I like are Okafor, of course and Dudley. Felton is a point guard trying to be a SG, with one problem, he can’t shoot and he is 6-1. May got a case of Gravy Knee and maybe he can come back but I doubt, anyone who had tracked him at UNC knew he had a weight problem and was injury prone (We should have pulled Oliver Miller out of retirement.) Morrison should have been looked at as a prospect, and his slow foot speed and lack of defense would have alarmed any coach, however we bought the hype. Hollins has a problem even standing there without fouling. Davidson, a center who has a hard time keeping his weight above 220, was cut. I’m sure Brown will make a difference and I don’t see a NYK kind of disaster, the egos on this team aren’t as big, and you will see them improve. However I can see how brown is frustrated, look what he has to work with. He has one reliable big man and the rest are injury prone/inexperienced or have stone hands.[/QUOTE]

The next Chris Paul? Haha, anyway, I’ll save you a spot on the DJ Augustin bandwagon, in the near future it will be full and you’ll be wanting on.

I love the fact that everyone and their brother judges players on their one game, real original.

The Lopez twins? I would rather have Jason or Jarron Collins.

Oh, and please use the ENTER key next time, that was hell to read.