Bobcats trade up from No. 4 to No. 2

That’s how you create a buzz about your product, I guess.

So who’s the pick? Do they just want Okafor or Howard(whichever doesn’t go #1) or are they that sold on Deng or Livingston that they felt they needed to move up to ensure they get their guy?

I’d prefer if they went after Okafor or Deng rather than a questionable high school kid. We’re at a point now where too many high schoolers are going pro that the drafts are getting even more watered down. Go for the surest bet if you’re the Bobcats.

Come on Mike, “buzz” isn’t a proper word to use for the new franchise.

Geez, I hope the 'Cats have enuff sense to not take Livingston. Shaun’s no better prepared for the NBA than Curry or Chandler or etc. Livingston needs 2 yrs in the weight room just to muscle up. I would hope the 'Cats are looking for tested talent, not ‘buzz’.

If the Bobcats take the chick in the picture with any pick, I will buy season tix! Pretty nice backcourt! :o

They’ll take either Howard or Okafor. Both come in for interviews tomorrow. It’s a two-man draft, and they assured themselves one of the two. If they get Okafor, the buzz turns to a roar, right HP? I like Okafor better, myself, because of the age factor.

If Okafor is there, they have to take him. He is the only instant impact player of the top 5 guys. Deng will be a good NBA player, but he’s still only a year removed from high school. Okafor has the build of an NBA player already, and I’m sure he’ll get even bigger this summer. Defensively and offensively, he’s the best all around player in the draft.

Do the 'cats have enough dough to get Shaq? :ponder:

Mike P,

I believe that there is an NBA forum for this kind of crap.

Thanks.

What’s the trade deal?

When did this become a bobcat forum?

Trade is contingent upon the Bobcats taking Peja Drobjnak (Center for Clippers) in the Expansion Draft. Bobcats get #2 pick and give up #4 & #33 picks.

ESPN Article

I’ve read that the Magic are really wanting to trade McGrady to Houston for a number of players. I wonder if that would alter the Magic’s desire to go for Okafor with the No. 1 pick. I’m hoping that scenario happens, because unless the Bobcats make a dent with free agency, I’d rather them not draft a high school kid with the crop of expansion players we’ll end up getting.

To tackle a previous question, Shaq wants a trade because he realizes the sun is setting on his career and the Lakers didn’t want to give him the two-year contract extension he was seeking (he has a better chance of getting it now than when his contract expires). His current salary would eat up the Bobcats’ cap easily though.

PI, NUN,
Simple solution: don’t click. But Rodney might still end up a Bobcat, which will create interest in them on this board, and their popularity has the potential to affect the Niners, as has been discussed ad nauseum on the old board. But whatever.

[i]Originally posted by Mike_Persinger[/i]@Jun 21 2004, 09:49 PM [b] They'll take either Howard or Okafor. Both come in for interviews tomorrow. It's a two-man draft, and they assured themselves one of the two. If they get Okafor, the buzz turns to a roar, right HP? I like Okafor better, myself, because of the age factor. [/b]
Atlanta could trade for the #2 pick to get Howard. That would put the Bobcats at #6, with some other picks and a player or two.

I saw a show on Fox Sports network last night that followed Howard, Josh Smith (IU, now NBA) and Darius Washington (Memphis fr) to the AAU tournament in Washington. Howard was a man among toddlers. The dude is big and can operate with the basketball. He abused Josh Smith. I was impressed.

[i]Originally posted by Mike_Persinger[/i]@Jun 22 2004, 07:09 AM [b] PI, NUN, Simple solution: don't click. But Rodney might still end up a Bobcat, which will create interest in them on this board, and their popularity has the potential to affect the Niners, as has been discussed ad nauseum on the old board. But whatever. [/b]
Mike P., simple solution: Go away. Your thread got moved so I guess we were right. Nobody cares about the bobcats or that literary abortion you call a paper so stop trying to force feed both down our throats.
[i]Originally posted by 49erpi+Jun 22 2004, 07:54 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (49erpi @ Jun 22 2004, 07:54 AM)

I want Okafor. 'Nuff said.

The way it looks now is that we will get Howard.

If Orlando does the trade with Houston they will get Francis, Mobley and Cato. They will give McGrady and Howard.

So Orlando would get some veterans and would want someone to contribute immediately…Okafor.

I saw the same show on Fox Sports South, and think Howard can be good. However, I would probably trade the second pick to the Hawks for there 6 and either J. Terry or there other first round pick.

I think that we then can get someone like B. Gordon.

What makes the most sense however, is for us to take Childress at 6 (he will be around there) and then take J. Nelson at 17 (the other Hawks pick).

That way we can get two proven guys that may not be superstars, but are good citizens and can play some ball.

Morningwood,

I was thinking the exact same thing. The Bobcats should pick Okafor if he is there at two, otherwise trade it to Atlanta for two first round picks. Your two choices aren’t bad at all.