Bonus Play #3 vs Rice 3/6

D0_HL6AXcAAGzUn

#11 RICE OWLS (12-17, 7-9 C-USA) @ #14 CHARLOTTE 49ERS (7-20, 4-12 C-USA)

Wednesday, March 6th @ 7PM

Halton Arena, Charlotte, NC

TV: CUSA TV

Home finale has arrived - Go Niners!

https://twitter.com/RiceBasketball/status/1103020517492228096

https://sportschatplace.com/picks/college-basketball/charlotte-vs-rice-3-6-19-college-basketball-pick-odds-and-prediction

No chearleaders, 4 gold dusters, half a band.

#mickeymouse?

It’s spring break and we have 7 wins.

Should that matter? Run it like a business.

I’m sure they aren’t compensated for their time. If we’re winning, there is more incentive for them to stay.

Hmmmmmm not sure it works quite that way. My point is, even though may be last game and we suck, doesn’t mean the staff and game day experience for the fans here should be acting like that. Paying customers.

Until rice beat mtsu, the season wasn’t completely over. Seems like the AD threw in the towel.

When is the last time we didn’t have cheerleaders for 2 straight basketball games? Did that ever happen at Florida? Maybe I could be way off and it does happen but I dont recall.

Staff is here. Cheerleaders and band are not staff.

That was a very efficient game by JD. He had 29 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds and ZERO turnovers. He also played all 40 minutes.

Robb and Supica were solid but no other player did much. Magnum was invisible again while Haslem and Blight both missed some point blank shots.

The biggest factor in our loss was giving up so many open threes. Getting outrebounded hurt too. Slow starts have been a constant all year and this game was no different.

Sanchez has a long way to go with this program. He came in to an empty cupboard.

My daughter was at her music lessons the other night. One of the pep band guys is an instructor. My daughter asked if he would be at the game on Sunday. He told her that he wouldn’t because he had already met the required hours needed.

That’s really discouraging.

The cupboard is empty on most 300+ ranked teams. His first year sucked. No one is too surprised by that (except those that expected 15+ wins this year :flushed:) but now there’s a baseline for which to see improvement. The team really shouldn’t be any worse than this year. Losing Davis will hurt Sanchez’s immediate 2nd year improvement but if Sanchez is the one, we should see something positive with his recruiting at least. There’s a lot of hype on here about next years class. If they are all hype and nothing more, Charlotte basketball has no hope in the near future. Sanchez needs to recruit over some existing schollies. There are currently no schollies available for the 2020 class unless there are transfers which is very possible. BUT that puts a lot of eggs in Sanches’s 2019 recruiting basket for his young coaching career.