Bracketology 1/24

Bracketology

Moved us up to an 8 seed vs Oregon, would meet up with Kansas in the 2nd round.

Has 5 CUSA’s in right now.

Indiana, Minnesota, UAB and NC State among the Next 8 out.

Other notes…

We are listed as Road/Neutral Warriors B) and as “seed rising”

Marquette listed as overrated

DePaul listed as underrated

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 04:36 PM [b] We are listed as Road/Neutral Warriors B) and as "seed rising"

[/b]

I like the sound of that :slight_smile:

Shows we have played or will play 6 teams in the tourney, not bad. Would have added one more if Santa Clara hadn’t failed miserably at hosting their own tournament. I sure hope we get outta the 8/9 game, it always screws us up. I wouldn’t even mind an 11 or 12 seed if we can’t move up to a 5 or 6.

I don’t see what Cincy has done to earn a 4 seed, espically when Alabama is listed as a 5. I think the tide has a much stronger resume than the Bearcats at this point.

I emailed Joe Lunardi last week when we were not in his road/neutral warrior section eventhough at the time we were 6-0 on the road. He never responded back but I guess him putting us in there this week is his responce. Also, how does Depaul get a 7 seed, he needs to flip us and Depaul.

[b]Also, how does Depaul get a 7 seed, he needs to flip us and Depaul.[/b]

Let’s beat them and make the case on the court.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Jan 24 2005, 07:08 PM [b] Let's beat them and make the case on the court. [/b]
i like that way of thinking. lets beat dePaul like a drum

If we continue to win, we will be higher than an 8.

I’ll take beating them by 1! Meanwhile i’m gonna spend all this week worrying that we don’t overlook TCU and ECU.

WE DEFINETLY NEED TO BE BETTER THAN AN 8 SEED, EVERYONE KNOWS THAT WE ARE BETTER THAN THAT!!!

here’s the breakdown for us “insiders”

8 Charlotte vs. 9 Oregon
Oklahoma City
Team Record (Conf.) RPI SOS Last 10
Charlotte 13-3 (4-1) 45 167 9-1
Oregon 11-5 (3-4) 29 9 6-4

Charlotte
All things considered, it was a satisfactory road split. Charlotte won the game that will matter more in March.

Why seeded here?
49ers have “bubble” numbers and only one really good win. This seed may be a little high.

May change because:
Charlotte is going to move either solidly up or down soon. I’m guessing the former.

Good Wins
RPI 1-25: None
RPI 26-50: None

Bad Losses
RPI 101-200: None
RPI 201+: None

and Depaul to boot:

DePaul
Homecourt win over Marquette was DePaul’s most important game of the year to date. Very dangerous game at Memphis this week.

Why seeded here?
Blue Demons will need a real scalp or two to hold this spot. They’ll get their chances in February.

May change because:
Three of next four on the road. 2-3 road record.

Good Wins
RPI 1-25: None
RPI 26-50: Old Dominion

Bad Losses
RPI 101-200: Northern Illinois, @Northwestern
RPI 201+: None

You never know how the brackets will align on Selection Sunday, but if we can only get the #6 seed we greatly improve our chances for advancing.

#11 Vermont
#11 Pacific
#11 St. Mary’s
#11 Nevada

Those teams aren’t pushovers, but I like our odds versus playing the likes of Oregon, Arizona St., 'Nova, Pitt, etc. Plus you wouldn’t get the #1 or #2 seed in the second round. If we can put together a good run (9-2 or 8-3) over the next 11 games followed by a good showing in the CUSA Tourney, it’s definitely do-able.

[i]Originally posted by X-49er[/i]@Jan 25 2005, 08:21 AM [b] You never know how the brackets will align on Selection Sunday, but if we can only get the #6 seed we greatly improve our chances for advancing.

#11 Vermont
#11 Pacific
#11 St. Mary’s
#11 Nevada

Those teams aren’t pushovers, but I like our odds versus playing the likes of Oregon, Arizona St., 'Nova, Pitt, etc. Plus you wouldn’t get the #1 or #2 seed in the second round. If we can put together a good run (9-2 or 8-3) over the next 11 games followed by a good showing in the CUSA Tourney, it’s definitely do-able. [/b]

I’d like I chances against 3 of those 4. I want no part of Vermont. Coppenrath is a B-E-A-S-T, and T.J. Sorrentine would give us fits with the way he can penetrate and dish, or shoot the 3.