Bracketology - 2/24 (UPDATED)

[QUOTE=K-Town-Niner;155844]GW has a 22-1 record,but they are ranked #33 in the RPI.That tells you something about the A-10 this year.[/QUOTE]

No, that has almost nothing to do with the A-10. The ESPN game night commentators were ripping them for playing the #275 ranked Non-conference SOS. They played Maryland and State (1-1). The rest of their non conference schedule made ours look tough, if thatā€™s possible. They jumped WAY up the ratings since league play started.

The reason we are sitting on the bubble is our road wins.
We have 8 road wins, as many as Duke and UConn., The committee gives schools prop for winning on the road. Wins at Umass and GW will get us to double figure wins.

tintin

[QUOTE=Tintin;155860]The reason we are sitting on the bubble is our road wins.
We have 8 road wins, as many as Duke and UConn., The committee gives schools prop for winning on the road. Wins at Umass and GW will get us to double figure wins.

tintin[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup: (logic always wins)

Finishing the regular season at 9-1 will not hurt.

Donā€™t forget, the selection committee puts more emphasis on your last 10 games. Thereā€™s still no guarantee and the odds are still against us, but the bid is still possible.

If GW wins the conference tourney then the A-10 is looking at sending one team to the big dance for a second consecutive year.Sorry,but that is what people think about this conference the last two years.

Someone other than GW needs to win the conference tourney for the A-10 to get two bids this year.Hope it is the Niners.

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;155857]Itā€™s simply being realistic. Even if we DO beat GW two more times, their RPI is only 33, so itā€™s not going to skyrocket us or anything. We have to win the A-10 Tournament, and I hope we do, but getting an at-large bid at this point is at best a stretch, and more realistically, a pipe dream.[/QUOTE]

big factors in the rpi are road record and record in your last 10 gamesā€¦we win the next 4 we end up 11-4 on the road and 9-1 in the last 10ā€¦guaranteed rpi in the 70-75 range. hell we jumped 7 just beating Fordham on the road. you can bet weā€™ll jump at least 30 point if we win the next 4.

[URL=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/stewart_mandel/02/20/bubble.watch/index.html]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/stewart_mandel/02/20/bubble.watch/index.html[/URL]

cnnsi.com says no.

Remaining schedule:

UMass #117
St.Louis #95
Duquesne #302ā€¦this game will be a killer to our RPI
GW #33

We must win the tourney.

[QUOTE=A-10 bound;155850]Anyone else notice that there are 5 North Carolina teams in the projected field of 64 and Charlotte or Wake Forest is not one of them!

IM not saying ethier one of those teams deserve to get in because we dont but its just a little odd.

Basically is someone told me at the beginning of the year 5 teams from Carolina would get in I would have said Duke, Wake, State, Charlotte, and Davidson (win conferernce).[/QUOTE]

I will have to say that North Carolina gets 6, and 7 if we get in. The teams I think will be in is Duke, UNC-Ch, NC ST, UNC-W, Davidson, and Gardner-Webb.

Joe Lunardi obviously doesnā€™t know Gardner-Webb. This team was projected to win their conference at the beginning of the year by a landslide. This past 2 weeks iā€™ve seen them beat the first place teams (each team being in first place when they played them) (ETSU, Belmont, and Lipscomb) in the conference and they are currently 3rd or 4th in the conference. I live 10 min away from this school and they will win the A-sun tourney and make it to the tournament. I mean ESPN had them as a 14 seed at the beginning of the year. They also upset Vincent Grier and Minnesota earlier this year @ Minnesota (it was big for a small school of 3500 like Gardner-Webb).

Now to you guys who call us pessemist. As K Town stated earlier we are only truth bringers. We speak the truth, thatā€™s all.

Hereā€™s a thread you guys should read, if you didnā€™t catch it.
[URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12446]http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12446[/URL]

These SI writers say we are in.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/2006_swimsuit/allstar/allstar_reunion.html

I give up.If they say we are in then letā€™s start dancing.Weā€™re in.

I think the thing to take into consideration is that many people are beginning to criticize the RPI because teams are finding ways to bump RPIs by doing exactly what GW did, scheduling a bunch of pasties, beating them and then waiting until league play when everyone in your conference has a good record and using that to bump up your RPI. I think that RPI is going to be less of a factor then ever with the parity in college basketball. RPI has been shown to be a poor predictor of basketball outcomes. Take for instance Charlotte handling Temple and @St. Joes. The last 10, road/neutral wins, SOS, and conference record should probably more important this year than in years past. If the lowest RPI team was 75 in the past, this is a type of year where Bubble teams are so bad that a new record for futility could be set.

[QUOTE=K-Town-Niner;155867]Remaining schedule:

Duquesne #302ā€¦this game will be a killer to our RPI
[/QUOTE]

K-Town, itā€™s only killer if we loseā€¦like I said before the St Bonnie game if we lose this game we should turn down the NIT bid.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;155869]These SI writers say we are in.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/2006_swimsuit/allstar/allstar_reunion.html[/QUOTE]

:lmao:

Maybe they could help us out and ā€œbribeā€ the committee for usā€¦ :biggrin:

[QUOTE=EJNiner;155874]K-Town, itā€™s only killer if we loseā€¦like I said before the St Bonnie game if we lose this game we should turn down the NIT bid.[/QUOTE]

Why Richmond is just as bad and we lost to them.

no wonder no team with a rank above 75 has gotten inā€¦looking at the list no teams were remotely worthy the past 3 years. Interesting Nebraska has an RPI of 106 and a record of 16-9 (with a 10-3 record in the Big 12)ā€¦hmmm

K-Town, it's only killer if we lose....like I said before the St Bonnie game if we lose this game we should turn down the NIT bid.

No.Actually when we win this game by 30 points our RPI will be worse than before we played the game.Playing Duquesne will hurt our SOS big time.It will also hurt our RPI.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;155877]Why Richmond is just as bad and we lost to them.[/QUOTE]

and then we kicked their assā€¦hence the weight on the last 10 gamesā€¦

besides their RPI when we lost to them (they lost 5 straight after they beat us) was 107ā€¦itā€™s currently 187

not sure i understand the point u are trying to make?

[QUOTE=K-Town-Niner;155881]No.Actually when we win this game by 30 points our RPI will be worse than before we played the game.Playing Duquesne will hurt our SOS big time.It will also hurt our RPI.[/QUOTE]

i hope weā€™ll be able to test that theoryā€¦

After we beat St. Bonnie our RPI was worse after the win.

You noted Richmond is now #187ā€¦after we beat them our RPI was worse by four spots.Just think what beating #302 will do to our RPI.