Bracketology

ESPN put out its projected bracket for this month. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology Here are some teams of interest:

Xavier 2 seed (No qualms here)

Saint Louis 6 seed (Why not?)

Temple 13 seed (at least its another A-10 team)

Lamar 15 seed (That game is starting to stink less and less)

Davidson 15 seed (WTF?!? They lose to Vandy AND get run out of the gym by our boys and they STILL get a nod? Un-freaking-believable!)

I don’t know why everyone thinks Davidson is going to win the SoCon. I think CoC has to be the favorite for that title this year.

At a quick glance (and I may have missed someone), they must have picked Davidson as the automatic bid from the SoCon. I don’t know enough about the other high schools to tell you if there’s one better this year.

Nice showing for the A-10, hopefully this will stay a reality.

It says at the top that autobids are in caps, which Davidson is. And it says that if no conference games have been played, it’s giving the autobid to the team with the highest RPI.

Good observation. Did not see that. Def explains how Davidson made that list.

[quote=“LugNutX, post:3, topic:26045”]At a quick glance (and I may have missed someone), they must have picked Davidson as the automatic bid from the SoCon. I don’t know enough about the other high schools to tell you if there’s one better this year.

Nice showing for the A-10, hopefully this will stay a reality.[/quote]Also shows St. Joe’s in the “first four out” category. I think the A10 is going to be tougher this year than last year 1-12, the overall conference rating is really getting dragged down by Fordham and URI. Could get 4 at-large bids if the teams separate the right way (though Dayton is awfully inconsistent, they have to be considered in the running right now with wins over Minnesota, Alabama).