Brad Stevens

How many offers you think Brad Stevens has & will get this week?

I would have thought Brad would be the guy Nike U would have wanted, not Tubby Smith or Tom Izzo.

I doubt he leaves unless he has mass defections to the NBA.

How many programs with openings right now are better than Butler? They may can pay more than Butler, but I don’t think there are any open that has been close to as succesful as Butler has been in the last 5-8 years. Oregon had one good run, but even they have imploded now.

If Stevens can get himself a nice raise to go with the for-sure extension, I think I would stay put if I were in his shoes. You have all of your main players coming back and should have no problem getting a high seed in the tourney again next year to set up another run. If he has the desire to coach at a “bigger” program, I would wait for won of those Top 15 jobs to come open before I made the leap.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave next year. They are probably going to lose everyone and have to do some serious rebuilding after next season.

Other than Nike money, Oregon isn’t a great job. There is no local talent base and it is primarily a football school.

I see him sticking around Butler and waiting for a top notch job to come open, such as a Ohio State, Oklahoma, type job.

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:6, topic:22970”]Other than Nike money, Oregon isn’t a great job. There is no local talent base and it is primarily a football school.

I see him sticking around Butler and waiting for a top notch job to come open, such as a Ohio State, Oklahoma, type job.[/quote]

With a $200 million arena and all the resources anyone could ask for, I don’t think a poor local base is really a problem. Oregon is a beautiful state, a beautiful campus/arena, in a conference that traditionally is pretty solid, rainy but temperate weather, and more free Nike gear than any recruit could ever wear. Shouldn’t be that tough of a sell.

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:6, topic:22970”]I see him sticking around Butler and waiting for a top notch job to come open, such as a Ohio State, Oklahoma, type job.[/quote]But a top notch job IS open. To my knowledge, we still haven’t hired anyone.

(I agree with you about him sticking around for now)

n/m

You must have really liked that post.

Its the server. It went out when I tried to post it the first time. I didn’t think it went through, but I was wrong.

I wouldn’t go anywhere, he is making good money and is set up for another deep run next year. Butler is now the best team in a non bcs conference and has eclipsed gonzaga for media darling.

[quote=“jfickett, post:7, topic:22970”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:6, topic:22970”]Other than Nike money, Oregon isn’t a great job. There is no local talent base and it is primarily a football school.

I see him sticking around Butler and waiting for a top notch job to come open, such as a Ohio State, Oklahoma, type job.[/quote]

With a $200 million arena and all the resources anyone could ask for, I don’t think a poor local base is really a problem. Oregon is a beautiful state, a beautiful campus/arena, in a conference that traditionally is pretty solid, rainy but temperate weather, and more free Nike gear than any recruit could ever wear. Shouldn’t be that tough of a sell.[/quote]

I am just agreeing with what many people have stated on the radio and tv. Oregon’s money is great, but the rest is iffy. Oregon might seem like a beautiful state with the outdoors types, but that isn’t landing you high level basketball talent.

It is a good job, but it isn’t a great job. Stevens can hold out and wait for a great job.

Butler will be able to reap the benefits too many people thought Davidson was going to get when it made consistent visits and a deep tourney run - better talent. Too many media jumped on Wildcats without understanding their admission requirements leave them on the sidelines on many top recruits, regardless of what they do in the tournament.

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:6, topic:22970”]Other than Nike money, Oregon isn’t a great job. There is no local talent base and it is primarily a football school.

Notre Dame

No comparison:

Butler NCAA games since 2000: 18
Butler NCAA wins since 2000: 11

Davidson SoCon Conference Tournament Championships in the past 40 years: 7
Davidson NCAA wins in the past 40 years: 3 (zero before '08)

Butler has been consistently good while Davidson was a quick flash-in-the-pan with Curry. You might as well say that Xavier’s admission standards will prevent them from being good while Northern Iowa’s tourney run will reap big rewards.

Ever heard of any of these “local” kids?

Spencer Hawes
Kyle Singler
Kevin Love
Abdul Gaddy
Avery Bradley
Joshua Smith
Terrence Jones

Spencer Hawes
Kyle Singler
Kevin Love
Abdul Gaddy
Avery Bradley
Joshua Smith
Terrence Jones[/quote]

As well as a kid named Marvin Williams.

[quote=“Jim Utter, post:14, topic:22970”]Too many media jumped on Wildcats without understanding their admission requirements leave them on the sidelines on many top recruits, regardless of what they do in the tournament.[/quote]Ya think?

Jim, I know the point you were trying to make, but comparing Butler to Davidson is like comparing Duke to Wake Forest or comparing unc-chapel hill to NC State.

Spencer Hawes
Kyle Singler
Kevin Love
Abdul Gaddy
Avery Bradley
Joshua Smith
Terrence Jones[/quote]

Ever hear of Ian Andersen?