Braden's Mother's Day Perfection

Lesson to be learned here:

If you want to toss a perfect game, be sure you pitch against the Tampa Bay Rays.

clt asks if you are serious. the rays are the best team in mlb.

[quote=“Ninerballin, post:1, topic:23242”]Lesson to be learned here:

If you want to toss a perfect game, be sure you pitch against the Tampa Bay Rays.[/quote]

Don’t knock my squad… maybe you should check them AL East standings.

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:3, topic:23242”][quote=“Ninerballin, post:1, topic:23242”]Lesson to be learned here:

If you want to toss a perfect game, be sure you pitch against the Tampa Bay Rays.[/quote]

Don’t knock my squad… maybe you should check them AL East standings.[/quote]

Char, Nice to see another Rays fan…Better yet, check MLB records… :smiley: If Yankees beat Boston, Rays will fall to 2nd in AL East but will still have one of the best records in MLB.

[quote=“abmcclur, post:4, topic:23242”][quote=“CharSFNiners, post:3, topic:23242”][quote=“Ninerballin, post:1, topic:23242”]Lesson to be learned here:

Don’t knock my squad… maybe you should check them AL East standings.[/quote]

Char, Nice to see another Rays fan…Better yet, check MLB records… :smiley: If Yankees beat Boston, Rays will fall to 2nd in AL East but will still have one of the best records in MLB.[/quote]

Oh na, I’m a A’s fan… but he shouldn’t be knocking the Rays either.

The 12,000 fans in attendance really enjoyed the feat.

Chisox says calm down, ballin wasn’t knocking the Rays, he was merely pointing out that the last two perfect games have been thrown against them (the previous being my boy Buehrle!).

Chisox says calm down, ballin wasn’t knocking the Rays, he was merely pointing out that the last two perfect games have been thrown against them (the previous being my boy Buehrle!).[/quote]

Thanks Scotty, at least someone understood.

2nd no hitter of the season

They won’t make the playoffs.

They won’t make the playoffs.[/quote]

Are you serious hootie? You don’t think the Rays will make the postseason?!? :o

Are you serious hootie? You don’t think the Rays will make the postseason?!? :o[/quote]

I think they will be in the wild-card mix and it will depend on who has a hot Sept.

just watched the EPSN highlight. Must have been an amazing moment for Braden. His mother passed away when he was in high school due to melanoma & was raised by his grandmother. Throw’s a perfect on Mother’s Day, with his grandmother in the stands.

FYI, I played baseball with the caught the perfect game, Landon Powell. Guy was a beast (obviously), and has overcome 2 knee injuries to make it into the bigs.

[quote=“moss2k, post:13, topic:23242”]just watched the EPSN highlight. Must have been an amazing moment for Braden. His mother passed away when he was in high school due to melanoma & was raised by his grandmother. Throw’s a perfect on Mother’s Day, with his grandmother in the stands.

FYI, I played baseball with the caught the perfect game, Landon Powell. Guy was a beast (obviously), and has overcome 2 knee injuries to make it into the bigs.[/quote]

I agree it was a great moment and congrats to the kid, but get over the A-Rod thing.

Next time you play the Yanks, plunk him and be done with it like a man if it means that much to you. Truthfully, I’ve never heard the “Don’t cross my mound thing”. It may be one of those “unwritten rule” things, but that’s a new one on me.

Metro probably knows more about this than the rest of us, would like to here his thoughts on this one.

I have no idea what the A-rod thing is about, enlighten me.

Braden’s been mouthing for a month about A-Rod running back to the dugout across the mound. He claims it’s an unwritten rule b/c it disrespects the opposing pitcher or something. That’s a new one to me.

Braden’s been mouthing for a month about A-Rod running back to the dugout across the mound. He claims it’s an unwritten rule b/c it disrespects the opposing pitcher or something. That’s a new one to me.[/quote]

I’ve heard of it before, and have been told not to cross the mound.

Braden really only mouthed off about it after the initial incident. His problem is the media likes to ask him about it every week and he feels the need to keep it going rather than squashing it.

It’s very possible I was wrong about this…