Branch campuses?

I was watching New 14 Carolina tonight and they did a segment on the UNC Charlotte which mostly focused on football (which was great!) but at the end of the report they interviewed Dubois and he mentioned the possibility of adding additional branch campuses to support increased enrollment. We currently have the main campus and an uptown building in the works. I know schools like South Florida and Temple have multiple campus locations. What does everyone think about possibility of the addition of another campus in the Charlotte metro area? Also, where would another campus be located (South Charlotte, Lake Norman, Kannapolis)?

I’m strongly in favor of opening branch campuses for UNCC in Raleigh, chapel hill, Greensboro, and Gastonia.

Yea, like CPCC in huntersville.

I think that branch campuses are a good idea. They would increase the school’s ability to reach the entire area. People in Ballantyne, for example, might be more inclined to take classes at Charlotte if they didn’t have to drive an hour to class. This would only do good for the school. I think that potential sites could be in South Charlotte, Concord/Kannapolis, Lincolnton, Monroe, etc. County seats in surrounding counties would be good places to start.

I think that branch campuses are a good idea. They would increase the school's ability to reach the entire area. People in Ballantyne, for example, might be more inclined to take classes at Charlotte if they didn't have to drive an hour to class. This would only do good for the school. I think that potential sites could be in South Charlotte, Concord/Kannapolis, Lincolnton, Monroe, etc. County seats in surrounding counties would be good places to start.

a lot of schools do it and I think we are missing out. My mom got her two year degree in 1981, she is now trying to get her 4 year from GardnerWebb. Is Gardner webb more expensive? YES. Is Gardner Webbs satellite program in Hickory more easily accessible, YES.

When it comes to people older than 30 getting a degree, i think it becomes more about location than anything. The more people we can give access to getting a degree at charlotte the better.

I agree with Over40. Definitely should share our excellent programs with the less fortunate and disadvantaged in Chapel Hill and Raleigh. :thumbsup:

Branch campuses are inevitable for UNC Charlotte.

#1 The plot of land we have for the university isn’t going to last forever.
#2 Especially if we expect 35,000 students by 2020
#3 It’s part of UNC Charlotte’s obligations to serve the Charlotte region, and with this much growth, satellite campuses will become a necessity for the faster growing/high population areas.

[ATTACH]757[/ATTACH]

My idea of a University of Charlotte system, free and independent of the tyranny of the UNC empire, has been met with skepticism by loyalists.

Someday…

[SIZE=3]That’s a first ballot HOFer.[/SIZE]

I swear i just choked on my drink…that is friggin hilarious

clt highly endorses that map. capital work young man.

Good work, let’s own the I-85 corridor, now let’s take the proposed I-73/74.

[ATTACH]757[/ATTACH]

My idea of a University of Charlotte system, free and independent of the tyranny of the UNC empire, has been met with skepticism by loyalists.

Someday…

Absolutely beautiful… especially like the written-in territory.
:lmao: :weep:

Great map. Can we get it published? Survivor has really outdone himself this time.

If we put a branch campus in Huntersville, will it be called UNC at Charlotte at Huntersville? Will the initials be UNC CH? Would a Mt Holly campus be UNC CMH? Even more reason for a name change.

Great map. Can we get it published? Survivor has really outdone himself this time.

If we put a branch campus in Huntersville, will it be called UNC at Charlotte at Huntersville? Will the initials be UNC CH? Would a Mt Holly campus be UNC CMH? Even more reason for a name change.

You know that’s actually a good point.

No matter where the branches are, it’s going to sound awfully stupid to say UNC at Charlotte at Huntersville or University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Huntersville branch or Gastonia branch.

They’re going to have to change it just due to common sense.

Absolutely beautiful... especially like the written-in territory. :lmao: :weep:

I’ve been to the outskirts of Gastonia. You can’t tell me there aren’t roving bands of wild Injuns nearby. Shoot a couple if you see any. It may help for any future westward expansion.

But if the UNC empire follows-up on the passing of the Stamats Act with a new set of Intolerable Acts, we may have to wage battle around Lexington and Concord and start declaring our independence.

ROFLMAO!!! Thats the best map/graphic on this board ever. 2 thumbs way up!!!