Brenda Plavich and UNC-Charlotte

Okay, so I’m watching the game’s first minutes last night, and I see a not-so-well-designed promo for all of C-SET “great regional college basketball,” which just happens to also include “Morris” – whoever the hell that is.

So, they’re scrolling through the teams they show, and just AFTER S.C. State – I see UNC-Charlotte. Killing me. Absolutely killing me.

Then, in the game – they’re talking about how much a warrior Eddie Basden is, and then they show a replay of Eddie. In the bumper (lead-in to highlights), it says this:

[b][font=Arial][SIZE=3]Eddie Basden

(Charlotte Logo)

UNC-Charlotte[/font][/b][/SIZE]

The first thing I do is call Real. He says, “You have got to be kidding me.” This makes his night even worse – Real drives to Davidson, gets caught up in traffic, hears it’s halftime, and turns around and drives back home.

(Real, by the way, tells me one of the funniest stories I have heard lately. Real Jr., who is 7, is telling his dad what he wants for Christmas. Real Jr. tells Real that he wants, of all things, an iPod. I nearly drove off the road laughing so hard. I told Real that, if Real Jr. can figure out how to work it, he should give it to him. Also, there’s another funny story about Real Jr. and a Teen-rated Xbox game he can tell you. – But I digress …)

So I tell Mrs. HIH about the atrocity. Mrs. HIH, who is pregnant, not willing to hear whining about anything 49ers, therefore not all that interested in how bad the C-SET broadcast is, says, “I don’t see what the big deal is … that’s your name isn’t it?”

Even more salt in the wound. And this coming from a DePaul alumni.

So, I’m over it this morning, as Mrs. HIH says goodbye for a conference in Spartan Land (UNC-G, that is.) As I bid her adieu, I walk out to get the paper.

What do I read? How BRENDA Plavich shot lights out in the second half.

As I said before, it’s days like these that make it tough to be a Niners fan. Do you think anyone ever misspells Rashad McCants or Raymond Felton over there???

I don’t know if I should laugh or be frustrated after reading that.

Again, S, one of the great bad things about being a Niners fan. Sometimes things are so bad, they’re funny.

[i]Originally posted by HomeinHalton[/i]@Dec 9 2004, 10:15 AM [b] Again, S, one of the great bad things about being a Niners fan. Sometimes things are so bad, they're funny. [/b]
Amen to that.

Great story HIH! LOL!

Home, you didnt say where you are from, but if it wasn’t too far away you could have gone to see the game, and taken your friend. Its not that far from Charlotte.

[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 11:54 AM [b] Home, you didnt say where you are from, but if it wasn't too far away you could have gone to see the game, and taken your friend. Its not that far from Charlotte. [/b]
[img]http://home.socal.rr.com/inevitability/omg.jpg[/img]

:huh: :blink: :wow:

I watched the replay of the game last night (well the 2nd half anyways) and those announcers SUCK. I guess they will be doing all of our CSET games so I will have to learn to put up with it.

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 12:41 PM [b] I watched the replay of the game last night (well the 2nd half anyways) and those announcers SUCK. I guess they will be doing all of our CSET games so I will have to learn to put up with it. [/b]
They were pretty bad. The color guy was Tom Apke, former App ST. coach. He kept trying to make "hip" comments and it just didn't sound right coming from him.

I thought we were getting Jags and Gary Williams for some of these games?

Did I imagine that?

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 01:44 PM [b] I thought we were getting Jags and Gary Williams for some of these games?

Did I imagine that? [/b]

No, I never heard Jags for C-SET. I did think it would be G-Will and possibly Lane Odom.

I’m glad I got the free preview, now I know NOT to pay for digital cable. I agree with the others, the announcers sucked. I’d rather listen to the radio. In fact I’m not impressed at all with the station. The whole format seems to be minor league compared to other sports stations. I expected better from a billionaire.

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er+Dec 10 2004, 12:49 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jimmyhat49er @ Dec 10 2004, 12:49 PM)

I heard the terminology “NC Charlotte” (the worst of the 30+names we have) several times on the CSET game.

[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 10:54 AM [b] Home, you didnt say where you are from, but if it wasn't too far away you could have gone to see the game, and taken your friend. Its not that far from Charlotte. [/b]
Why did I not go to Davidson? I'm bad luck.

I made the decision long ago not to go to Davidson or Appalachian State or East Carolina or Virginia Tech ever again. Why? Well, the Niners record when HIH goes on the road with them? 3-10.

Triple OT loss at App State? HIH was there.

19 point loss at Davidson? HIH was there.

Ace Custis greatest performance as a Hokie? HIH was there.

I will say that I did go to SIU last year, and we won. But Mrs. HIH and I were the only Niner fans there without a player on the team.

So, I am not afraid of a roadtrip. I’m just afraid of a roadtrip where we should win.

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er+Dec 10 2004, 11:49 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jimmyhat49er @ Dec 10 2004, 11:49 AM)