Bring back Bobby Lutz!

Not sure how many times it has to be said. Bobby was fired by Phil. Phil is still here.[/quote]. Yeah, cause something like that (fired and rehired) has never happened before. :sunglasses:[/quote]

Maybe by the same institution but not by the same person that fired them. I love Bobby, but I think some of you arenā€™t looking at the dynamics that got him fired here.[/quote]. JR fired Marty Hurney and rehired him. We know JR is still making the calls until the team is sold.[/quote]

I donā€™t think The Big Cat fired Hurney because he personally didnā€™t like him or his family. His firing was performance related. Bobbyā€™s firing was less about performance and more about just who he was.

Also thatā€™s the NFL where at the end of the day $ matters.

The only avenue I saw for Bobbyā€™s return was Judy convincing Phil because she knew she had to win and she knew she could work with Bobby and get people off her back. I donā€™t see a new AD going to the mat for Bobby when there will be plenty of other candidates out there.

I get why you all want him, just not sure you all understand why he got fired and how poisoned the well is. Anything I guess is possible, but I donā€™t see it happening barring a complete 180 from Phil.

I will be so glad when this ridiculous thread dies

If it wasnt enough that Phil is still here, Bobby echoed my statement during his interview this week: ADs always hire their own people. Always.

[quote=ā€œNinerAdvocate, post:499, topic:31267ā€]I will be so glad when this ridiculous thread dies

If it wasnt enough that Phil is still here, Bobby echoed my statement during his interview this week: ADs always hire their own people. Always.[/quote]ALVVAYS

Not sure how many times it has to be said. Bobby was fired by Phil. Phil is still here.[/quote]. Yeah, cause something like that (fired and rehired) has never happened before. :sunglasses:[/quote]

Maybe by the same institution but not by the same person that fired them. I love Bobby, but I think some of you arenā€™t looking at the dynamics that got him fired here.[/quote]. JR fired Marty Hurney and rehired him. We know JR is still making the calls until the team is sold.[/quote]Billy Martin - New York Yankees - Most successful sports franchise of all time. Billy Martin was hired and fired multiple times by the same institution and by George Steinbrenner (NY Yankees owner). Whether it is Phil, Judy, or a new AD, I expect us to hire the person that can get us back to relevance the quickest. This fan base has been in a drought for far too long and we deserve some excitement. Bring back Bobby, get back to relevance over the next few years and allow the new AD to start identifying the next coach when Bobby is ready to retire. Who can argue against this approach?

Maybe by the same institution but not by the same person that fired them. I love Bobby, but I think some of you arenā€™t looking at the dynamics that got him fired here.[/quote]. JR fired Marty Hurney and rehired him. We know JR is still making the calls until the team is sold.[/quote]Billy Martin - New York Yankees - Most successful sports franchise of all time. Billy Martin was hired and fired multiple times by the same institution and by George Steinbrenner (NY Yankees owner). Whether it is Phil, Judy, or a new AD, I expect us to hire the person that can get us back to relevance the quickest. This fan base has been in a drought for far too long and we deserve some excitement. Bring back Bobby, get back to relevance over the next few years and allow the new AD to start identifying the next coach when Bobby is ready to retire. Who can argue against this approach?[/quote] Phil

Documentary on Lutz . About to watch myself.

PLEASEā€¦I BEGā€¦STOP THE BRING BOBBY BACK DRIVEL!. Can anyone who witnessed his last years here seriously say that they want it back? Letā€™s move onā€¦

Documentary, not bring back Lutz. Might mention us.

Can anyone who witnessed his run of NCAA appearances and CUSA 1.0 championships say they DONā€™T want that back?

Can anyone who witnessed his run of NCAA appearances and CUSA 1.0 championships say they DONā€™T want that back?[/quote]

Problem is he didnā€™t end there.

Can anyone who witnessed his run of NCAA appearances and CUSA 1.0 championships say they DONā€™T want that back?[/quote]

Problem is he didnā€™t end there.[/quote]. So what.

[quote=ā€œThreemire09, post:503, topic:31267ā€][vimeo]https://vimeo.com/259047772[/vimeo]

Documentary on Lutz . About to watch myself.[/quote]

MUST WATCH for any longtime Niner fan!

I can seriously say I want Bobby back. Heā€™s the best choice that gives a quick turn around.

[quote=ā€œJaMiNNiNeR, post:509, topic:31267ā€][quote=ā€œThreemire09, post:503, topic:31267ā€][vimeo]https://vimeo.com/259047772[/vimeo]

MUST WATCH for any longtime Niner fan![/quote]

If you call yourself a Niner you must watch this. Wow

Glad to see Jobey take a dig at todays situation. Lots of inside looks never seen or heard

[quote=ā€œmetro, post:511, topic:31267ā€][quote=ā€œJaMiNNiNeR, post:509, topic:31267ā€][quote=ā€œThreemire09, post:503, topic:31267ā€][vimeo]https://vimeo.com/259047772[/vimeo]

MUST WATCH for any longtime Niner fan![/quote]

If you call yourself a Niner you must watch this. Wow

Glad to see Jobey take a dig at todays situation. Lots of inside looks never seen or heard[/quote]
Agreed

That was awesome. Was cool seeing how much he means to people. What a good dude. Really hope he gets to be a head coach again.

Judy and Phil should be ashamed of themselves !

#needlutz

Problem is he didnā€™t end there.[/quote]. So what.[/quote]

First: Great Video.

Second: Whatā€™s with the certainty that Lutz could turn something around? He hasnā€™t ever had to do that. He took over a successful program here and kept it going for a while before tailing off at the end. He didnā€™t like to recruit (by his own admission) and certainly you have to consider that no other team has offered him a head coaching position for a reason. Heā€™s got fire, which Iā€™d love to have back, but I donā€™t see any evidence that heā€™s the man for the current situation or the future.

I also donā€™t understand the idea that being out of the game makes you better suited to come back and be a better coach. Recruiting ties are old, etc. He wouldnā€™t have any recent success to which he could point (like when he took over for Watkins), he would have the anchor of his last five years (including a couple of pretty abysmal seasons in there - see 11-20), and the fact that it will have been 8-9 years since he was a head man.

Passion, experience and a group of good, young connected assistants !

Iā€™m 50/50 on Lutz. Would love it but not getting upset if we get Grant or etsu guy. I trust Hill. I also know CHP zebra stripes never change so he still hates Bobby which in an indictment on Phil.

However I disagree with your recruiting piece. The assts do 90% of that legwork. Itā€™s all about staff. Thatā€™s every NCAA sport. Lutz only flies here with flashy recruiters.

To people that despise Lutz, they truly know zero about athletics.